The Terminator TV series

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
corianderstem said:
why the new terminator chick shot Enrique.

He was a snitch. When they went to his nephew for the fake IDs he was telling his buddies how his uncle was a rat. When Sarah confronted him he claimed he ratted on his cellmate one time but the Terminatrix shot him because he might have lied and Sarah wouldn't have had the balls to do it. Turns out he did drop a dime on them.

So far I like the show. Not ohmyGodmustseeTV good (like House for example), but good. Even without 99% of other shows on hiatus I'd probably still watch.

BEAL said:
Anyone else kind of hoping that John and the female terminator do the deed?

I mean, "it" has all the parts.

With this being a FOX show....IT HAS TO HAPPEN!!!!!

I think it did show her eating food

suggesting that she has "human" functions.

and the program has implied that she has "some kind of relationship" with the future John Connor

deep said:

I think it did show her eating food

suggesting that she has "human" functions.

and the program has implied that she has "some kind of relationship" with the future John Connor

Yep they're already hinting that she's a bit more than your standard T1000, between the eating and her evasiveness about what model she is. It being FOX I can just about guarantee she has girly parts, and that they'll be a major plotline.

CTU2fan said:

Yep they're already hinting that she's a bit more than your standard T1000, between the eating and her evasiveness about what model she is. It being FOX I can just about guarantee she has girly parts, and that they'll be a major plotline.

Being a big pervert, I'm OK with this. Of course it means the show will be shit, but so far it's not really that far away.

Is it me or has the show struggled to outline a plot? I know what's going on and why...just seems so very slow to explain.

I miss 24 as well. Please come back Jack.

BEAL said:

Is it me or has the show struggled to outline a plot? I know what's going on and why...just seems so very slow to explain.
If for some reason you had never seen any Terminator movies and tuned in to the series, you'd be quite lost.

Loved the 1st movie. 2nd one was good, except they turned the Terminator into a joke. Having him not kill people was lame. He's a freaking Terminator!!!!! Damn you James Cameron!!!!

I would agree with you for the people who haven't seen the movies. I just think the pace is really, really slow.

I hope it picks up.

UberBeaver said:
I just watched the pilot a little while ago and I thought it was real good. Excellent even - for TV it's damn near amazing.

I actually thought the pilot was a bit too close to T2, but was quite surprised by how tense it made me feel for the characters; I really get this chilling feeling around the bad terminator. I thought it was fairly decent, but not great.

However, the following episode and the third one I just watched an hour ago are much better. It shows how this series could prove to be better than the first 2 films with regard to greater moral ambiguity. The actors are really good, too. I was surprised that the kid from Heroes actually seems quite good, and quite smart, from what little interview footage I've seen.

The second episode really begins some interesting dynamics. What's irrefutable is that this is easily better than Terminator 3.

The first 2 episodes were directed by David Nutter, who did some early X-Files episodes as well as the excellent Season 3 episode "Nisei" and the first 2 episodes, thereby setting the tone, for "Millennium" Season 1.

My friend told me the composer for BSG, Bear McCreary, is also doing the music for this series.

Nicely impressed.

If Chris Carter was there, the debate would have been over pretty quickly.

cc025.jpg

"You better sit down, Senator."

the tourist said:

but it's no 4400....
Exactly.

I rewatched the last scene of last week's episode and really liked the dilemma of John Connor protesting that Cameron and his mother were both discouraging him from hero-like behavior that would attract attention, when this is the exact trait that he needs to develop to save the human race. Very interesting stuff.
Also, if I haven't mentioned it, the way Cameron DIDN'T save the suicidal girl.

New episode in a few minutes!

So.

Someone tell me just HOW terrible this show is, so I that I never feel any remote desire to ever watch it...ever?

Hewson said:
I was flipping channels, and saw a female pull up alongside the kid in a pickup truck and recite the Schwarzenegger line, "Come with me if you want to live"...I had seen enough at that point.
That made me cringe, too. They made the pilot too much like T2. The following episodes are much better and more original.
Lancemc said:
So.
Someone tell me just HOW terrible this show is, so I that I never feel any remote desire to ever watch it...ever?
It's not bad at all. It's better than the vast majority of shows, and the drama's a lot better than that of 24. The acting is great, too.

I'm so pissed that it's delayed a week, though. Stupid State of the Union Bush propaganda. Weren't they always on Tuesdays? Shut up and go away, W.

Lancemc said:
Ok, as a barometer, what did you think of T3?
Awful. I thought it tried to be too cute, and it wasn't dramatically realistic at all, especially the way Claire Danes smilingly remembers her crush on John Connor only hours after watching her beloved fiancee murdered.

If you look at my comments on the previous page, you'll see that I'm sure it's easily better than T3. The pilot tries too hard to be like T2 (from bits of dialogue to action sequences to some of how Sarah Connor acts), but from the 2nd episode on, there's a more interesting dynamic. I think this show allows for a more interesting, conflicted deeper exploration of the T2 characters. If they get things right and continue to change and innovate the show, which they seem to be doing, this could be great.

Also, Toni Graphia's on the staff and she wrote excellent work on BSG.

Did I miss an episode Monday night, or was it a rerun?

I will admit the show has gotten a little better since the pilot. The pace of the show has picked up as well, and that's probably because we now know most of the major players.

I'm really excited about the arrival of Garrett Dillahunt next week. He was great on The 4400, on a bad Season 3 episode of Millennium, and both "No Country For Old Men" and "The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford"; he also had a long-running stint on "Deadwood", which I've never seen. Great actor!

I thought this was one of the worst episodes after last week's, which was far too action-oriented. It wasn't as good as Episodes 2 and 3. The chess scene bored the hell out of me, and using that moron from "Beverly Hills 90210" was a huge mistake as he can't act well at all. The chess guy was a really good actor and they killed him, so we can have a recurring loser like pretty boy 90210? The casting agents have their priorities reversed if they hired this guy for the long haul.

The only really enjoyable stuff was watching Garrett Dillahunt behave so strangely and ask embarrassing questions. Great.

The guidance counsellor thing was a bit obvious, though Summer Glau acted well.

Decent, but kinda contrived, and not the quality I was hoping for.

Much better episode than last week's with references to the future war, etc. I'm still not thrilled with Kyle Reece's brother, played by the pierced ear guy from 90210, but the ending was quite effective and touching. Nice developments. It'll be great to see Garrett Dillahunt when he comes back.

Anyone else into this?

Back
Top Bottom