The Ricky Gervais Show Podcasts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love The Ricky Gervais Show! I love the dynamic between Karl and Ricky. Steve Merchant is great too... I actually like him more than Ricky. I've been following the show since the first series of free podcasts. I recently downloaded their XFM shows but haven't had a chance to listen to everything yet.

There's loads of hilarious material in every show. I honestly never fail to crack up when I go back and listen to the podcasts. I can't get enough of Karl's outlandish theories- his poems in the 3rd season killed me.

I LOVE Karl Pilkington! Why he isn't more famous is completely beyond me. Frankly I find him so much more funnier than either Ricky or Stephen.

We need to get Karl Pilkington known around Interference!!

My favourite moments:

* the goat story (series 1)
* the stick insect story (series 3)
* anything from Monkey News! (series 1)

"If moths had eyes..."

If moths had eyes
Would they be happier?
How do they know they're not dead?
Cave-men hunting for food
But not before they style the hair on their head.
What would last longer in dinosaur times?
A blind man didn't stand a chance
Not with all them rocks about
I'd rather be a blind moth.

Bubbled Wallpaper

Bubbled wallpaper
What a mess
Washer-dryer knackered
What a mess
Siamese twins separated
One leg less

Jellyfish

I don't like jellyfish
They're not a fish, they're just a blob
They don't have eyes, fins or scales
Like a cod
They float around blind
Stinging people in the seas
And no-one eats jellyfish with chips and mushy peas
Get rid of 'em

Jellyfish Trifle

It would be spiteful
To put jellyfish
In a trifle

Me Belly-Ache

For god's sake, me belly-ache
The doctor said it's me kidney
He said he's got to stick a tube up me knob
I said you've gotta be kidding me
For god's sake, knob-ache

Me Ward

Me, a Chinese fella and an old bloke who looked like Mr. Burns from "The Simpsons",
Don't know what was wrong with him,
But breaking wind was the symptoms.

No one visited him or called him,
He seemed quite lost to me,
As well as wind problems,
He had a colostomy.
When I left I said "see ya" to the old man,
Turned out the other fella wasn't Chinese,
He was from Japan

It's all sold in his delivery :love:

275px-Karlhead.JPG

Looks like it's all over, at least for a year or two. The Christmas special was brilliant, I had at least 5 laugh-out-loud moments, mostly Karl as usual. Was a tad worried after the first of the specials which was a little bland.

Queen Bee said:
I recently downloaded their XFM shows but haven't had a chance to listen to everything yet.

QB these are even more hillarious than the podcasts! Most of the stories from S1 of the podcasts were taken from the radio shows, with about 189 equally as good ones... Horse In The House to name but one. :lmao:

These will rot away your life, it's taken me about six solid months to get a few episodes from the end (I keep going back to the start of Season 2 :reject: ). They are a bit slow to get going because the first few are mainly Ricky & Steve, but after about 5 episodes they "discover" Karl and things get "a bit wierd innit".

It's totally with it, if even to hear Karl totally crack up and lose it. :drool:

Where do I get these? I need to get these.

Anyone reading this who hasnt heard of Karl Pilkington, I suggest you check out this bald headed moron. He is fantastic!

The first time I ever saw Karl Pilkington was on one of Channel 4's 3 Minute Wonder programmes. He was talking about exercise and it was one of the funniest things I've seen on TV for ages.

I caught Ricky G being interviewed on Inside the Actors Studio and loved it. His girlfriend is beautiful! He really is funny. As far as his directing and acting he pretty much goes by the seat of his pants, no real acting OR directorial experience. I also LOVE his stand up! He told some hysterical stories about his childhood, his family and his girlfriend and their relationship. It was a good laugh.

he is really going for america hey? i hope he does get carried away here!

i have got hold of their old xmf shows and just totally love them, so much better than the podcasts!

Back
Top Bottom