The Random Screenshot Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Holy Mouintain was on cable, I came in part way through, it did seem like a student film, I quit it.
Perhaps I need to see it in a darken theater, without distrctions.

I did sit through the theatrical release of Santa Sangre when it was first released. The prodution values seemed a bit higher than Mountain. It was an unique and very rewarding experience.

santa-sangre-original.jpg

Santa+Sangre+Blu-Ray+%25282%2529.jpg

santasangrebr-02.jpg

santasangrebr-03.jpg

Santa+Sangre+Blu-Ray+%252821%2529.jpg

santa2.jpg

Lance, I always find your screenshot choices to be interesting. Some are gorgeous, but others just seem like typical compositions. Could I be missing something by not having seen these scenes in motion?

Well, sure, screenshots of a film are almost missing something from in motion, and some will happen to work better in stills than others. And often I like to merely capture a series of shots from a particular sequence or scene I find striking, so those are less a simple collection of the most interesting images from the film or whatever. Then others might be more for their beauty in lighting or mise-en-scene than strictly for composition. I do try to always post shots I find compositionally strong though, if some are in more subtle ways than others.

Lancemc said:
Well, sure, screenshots of a film are almost missing something from in motion, and some will happen to work better in stills than others. And often I like to merely capture a series of shots from a particular sequence or scene I find striking, so those are less a simple collection of the most interesting images from the film or whatever. Then others might be more for their beauty in lighting or mise-en-scene than strictly for composition. I do try to always post shots I find compositionally strong though, if some are in more subtle ways than others.

Fair. And it wasn't a criticism; For the vast majority, I really like your selections even though I haven't seen most of the films. Every once in a while one will stick out as being a little pedestrian to me, so I was genuinely curious. But I like this thread. I had been trying for months to turn the photo thread into something similar, but nobody else seemed interested, so gave up. I'm a little jealous at the level of discussion in the film threads

Oh of course, I didn't take it that way. Am just happy to discuss it and glad you enjoy the thread, for what it is.

Not taken by yours truly, but by a friend. But I'm ok with stealing these:

]
vlcsnap-2011-06-03-02h23m06s4.jpg

vlcsnap-2011-06-03-02h22m01s144.jpg

vlcsnap-2011-06-03-02h28m35s242.jpg

vlcsnap-2011-06-03-02h22m55s136.jpg

vlcsnap-2011-06-03-02h28m04s178.jpg

vlcsnap-2011-06-03-02h23m58s28.jpg

vlcsnap-2011-06-03-02h24m11s133.jpg

vlcsnap-2011-06-03-02h23m48s176.jpg

vlcsnap-2011-06-03-02h21m34s111.jpg

vlcsnap-2011-06-03-02h21m46s236.jpg

vlcsnap-2011-06-03-02h28m29s183.jpg

vlcsnap-2011-06-03-02h29m40s105.jpg

90 seconds of the Dragon Tattoo teaser > 130 min (!!!) of X-Men: First Class. It played right before the film and I immediately lost my shit.

Metropia2.jpg

metropia_press_7_max.jpg

2599107metropia2009720p.png

bscap0002iwd.jpg

Metropia

it has been on my dvr for months, finally watched it
Vincent Gallo plays the lead in this sci-fi animation. Great look to it.

No arguments here. Watched it again today for only the second time. Still nearly as much of a revelation as it was years ago when I first saw it at the beginning of my serious experience with film.

I saw it in Paris when it came out, after I had left the U.S. with no intention of returning anytime soon.

So my sentiments were running very much in tandem with Von Trier's at the time.

I really need to see Zentropa aka Europa again, it's been ages. And that Criterion looks sweet.

I need to revisit some of his earlier work as well. The Element of Crime is another favorite of mine. Europa a little less so, but I own the Criterion and it's a lovely piece of work. Haven't seen Epidemic or Madea, but The Kingdom is staggering.

Back
Top Bottom