The Colbert Report

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

impy13

ONE love, blood, life
It's French, bitch .

I'm liking it so far. Not as good as The Daily Show, but what really is?

During "The Word" segment tonight, the last line they flashed was "Don't Let The Bastards Get You Down." :hmm:

If only it was "grind" rather than "get" :drool:

I was looking forward to this but apparently the Canadian counterpart of Comedy Central, doesn't show it! I guess the online clips will just have to do for now.

i put record on tivo earlier today :up:
saw the preview for it & being a fan of the daily show correspondents i was very curious.

don't forget to watch the Office tonight...
depending on your timezone i guess it might have passed already

another of my favorite Stevens...
do you remember the segment in the Daily Show...
Even Stevens ? :up: how I loved it

^^ the "online clips" brought back dear memories..
i first discovered the daily show sometime in 9th/10th grade...cant quite recall exactly when it was

& immediately became hooked...however back then my 3 siblings and I would always fight over which shows to watch

and always having the least populat taste for everything in my household:(

i would always resort to the website....reading their pseudo news..watching the slow/crappy videos

good times:up:

elevation2u said:
i
do you remember the segment in the Daily Show...
Even Stevens ? :up: how I loved it

Oh, I remember those days.

I really enjoyed the Colbert Report. It will take awhile for Colbert to become accustomed to being the leading man, but I think the show has great potential.

I also like Too Late with Adam Corolla. :reject: I'm basically loving Comedy Central late night right now

so has Colbert ditched the Daily Show?:(
\
ive been way out of the loop on the daily show...
for a whole year i didnt have TV

so can someone update me

i know Lewis Black is still on , thank god

has Carrell left for good? ...was it at least on good terms?

i love the office though, so i cant complain tooo much

are mo rocca & ed helms still there?

only caught the first 5 minutes of Monday's episode. Didn't have enough spare time to catch it. Or Stewart. Dammit (caught some of O'Reilly and also the Alabama/Beer segment :laugh: )

Yeah it does, immeadiately after the Daily Show reairing

i can't even be bothered to remember to watch the daily show, so there's definitely no way i'm going to remember to watch this, too. which is a shame really, because i want to see it. and no, not even tattooing the time on my hand is going to remind me. i really am that dense.

Alright, The Colbert Report has officially replaced The Daily Show as my favorite show on television.

Therefore I shall celebrate with this spiffy new avatar.
<-----

boo.jpg

Meet the new face of Truthiness!

nbcrusader said:
:up: I actually like it better than the Daily Show.
Ditto, but then again RWDBs have a better sense of humour :wink:

*I downloaded the bittorents, the show will never be aired in Australia.

Colbert is probably the best show on TV now. Love the Final Warning/Dead to Me Lists, Word of the Day, and how he interviews his guests! :up:

U2democrat said:
I have to admit I enjoy the Colbert Report better than the Daily Show myself. He was always my favorite DS correspondent, I'm so happy to see him doing so well!!!! :applaud:

It is amazing that he pulls off a 30 minute show by himself 4 days a week. No band, no sidekick and the guests are just fodder for his humor.

I love the 435-part series on "Get to know your districts"!

posted in FYM as well...

Saturday, April 29, 2006
Colbert Does the White House Correspondents' dinner

WH-Colbert.jpg

Was he snubbed?

Stephen Colbert spoke tonight at the dinner and lampooned pretty much everything he could think of and Helen Thomas. I used the second half of his performance because it included the Generals, Scalia, the Faux press briefing and as E&P reported:
"As he walked from the podium the president and First Lady gave Colbert quick nods, unsmiling, and left. E&P's Joe Strupp, in the crowd, observed that quite a few felt the material was, perhaps, uncomfortably biting."

http://movies.crooksandliars.com/WH-Dinner-Colbert.wmv

"Colbert complained that he was "surrounded by the liberal media who are destroying this country, except for Fox News. Fox believes in presenting both sides-the president's side and the vice president's side."

He noted former Ambassador Joseph Wilson in the crowd, as well as " Valerie Plame." Then, pretending to be worried that he had named her, he corrected himself, as Bush aides might do, "Uh, I mean... Joseph Wilson's wife." He asserted that it might be okay, as prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald was probably not there.

Colbert's show on Comedy Central, is "Must See TV" at this point already and these types of performances are the toughest in the business to pull off when he's tackling issues that obviously made most of the crowd nervous.

C-Span is running it again in it's entirety.

Atrios has a picture posted about Gannon.

TMV, The Sister, Blondesense, Democratic D, News Hounds weigh in.

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2006/04/29.html#a8104

Lila64 said:
E&P's Joe Strupp, in the crowd, observed that quite a few felt the material was, perhaps, uncomfortably biting."

It was "uncomfortably biting" and that was exactly the point - it wasn't supposed to be a cutesy feel-good comedy shtick. To sit there 10 feet from the president and in front of a room filled with press and verbally slap them all in the face for their actions or inaction takes serious balls. Mad props to Colbert - that was absolutely brilliant. :bow:

I'd be uncomfortable too if I was a member of the press there. The truth hurts, after all.

Diemen said:

It was "uncomfortably biting" and that was exactly the point - it wasn't supposed to be a cutesy feel-good comedy shtick. To sit there 10 feet from the president and in front of a room filled with press and verbally slap them all in the face for their actions or inaction takes serious balls. Mad props to Colbert - that was absolutely brilliant. :bow:

I loved it :lmao:.

So don't pay attention to the approval ratings that say 68% of Americans disapprove of the job this man is doing. I ask you this, does that not also logically mean that 68% approve of the job he's not doing? Think about it. I haven't.

But don't drink that last third, it's backwash :lmao:.

Last edited:
anitram said:
I'd be uncomfortable too if I was a member of the press there. The truth hurts, after all.

Which might explain why Colbert is curiously absent or downplayed in all the major media reports on the dinner.

Back
Top Bottom