The Blacklist

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can't quit the Spaderman, even if this show is COMPLETE garbage now.

We just got woefully behind last season, had to catch up back in August, but I'm back to watching it on DVR every weekend.

Ah good. Now I can come here and post sarcastic commentary again.

Some of the stuff this season is far too obvious, who couldn't tell that Aram's girlfriend was a spy, and the bus crash was far too obviously a set up last week.

And how does Mr. Kaplan survive. Red don't miss kill shots.

Had so much hope for the show's resurgence when they killed Liz off last season, but was just waiting for them to bring her back , just a matter of how, surprised they didn't have her brought back in the shower with Patrick Duffy.

1) Liz being gone was the greatest span of episodes in the show's history except for a few episodes in season 1.

2) I just thought the Aram plot was stupid, I didn't even bother to give it enough thought to see how obvious it was.

3) Everything with Kaplan right now is so wtf I don't even know how to comment on it.

4) The bus crash could've been handled SO well if they hadn't KEPT showing it.

I mean, HOW is that going to tie into the story. Surely it HAS to at some point? Right?!

It is easily the most out of left field plot I can ever remember seeing on a television show.

Yay cause you don't have to watch until January?

I was kind of right about Kaplan forking her captor.

And Red has repeatedly told Liz he has never lied to her. So was he lying to Kirk?
And he must have told Kirk that Spock Katerina was still alive. That's the only thing tat would have kept Kirk from killing him.

Yay that we finally have an answer. The writer of the episode says he's telling the truth, and I'm taking it as gospel because I swear if they add in a 3rd party, I will be done with the show. I don't care how much I love Spaderman.

Have you heard the Red is Liz's mother theory?

Basically red doesn't lie to Liz, but maybe he's not lying. She asked if he's her father, she said no. So the theory is, he's actually Katerina, post see-change, who stole Red's identity after Lizzie killed him as a child. The real Red is Liz's father, Spader Red is Liz's mother.

People feel this was basically confirmed last night because of some tweets by the episode writer and the way that Red finished Kirk's sentences about Katerina.

It would fit with Kirk no killing Red after he whispered something to him.

But didn't the FBI run all kinds of tests (fingerprints/DNA on Red when he turned himself in?

Supposedly, and yet apparently they never ran a DNA test between him and Liz to figure out what the connection was, despite saying they were trying to figure that out.

But Raymond Reddington was a former naval officer or whatever it was before he became a criminal. At the very least they have his fingerprints, did Katerina have finger transplants at the same time she had an addadictomy?
Its a bit too preposterous (though I wouldn't put it past this show).

It's so preposterous, that it's probably what happened, thanks to how ridiculous this show is.

A LOT of it too. I liked that little two parter. Been a while since I've liked an episode of this show.

That was really well done. The only thing wrong with it, to me, was their decision to use Spader as himself for younger Red, but do that silly lighting thing to hide his face... Poorly.

The phone conversation between him and Kaplan was probably the best thing they've done since General Lud.

I don't know about you two, but all these threads with Blackout in the title keep making me think we gained some new people to talk about this show with :grumpy:.

Yeah I am.
Almost gave up cause the Liz being a giggling school girl around Red for the first 7 episodes of the season was too much to take. Got a bit interesting last week though. Of course they'll drag the mystery of the bones out till 2022.

Yeah I am.
Almost gave up cause the Liz being a giggling school girl around Red for the first 7 episodes of the season was too much to take. Got a bit interesting last week though. Of course they'll drag the mystery of the bones out till 2022.

I had hoped they were going to go down a dark path with Liz drinking so much during those first few episodes, but they never did.

I just caught up to the midseason finale. For some reason my DVR didn't get the new episode.

That midseason finale was possibly the best episode of the show. It got me, at least a little.

And considering the fact that I kinda knew what was going to happen, since NBC had no chill in spoiling with ads for the next episode.

Back
Top Bottom