The Amazing Race 15!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Thora

Blue Crack Supplier
The new season begins Sept 27th at 8pm!

They've got an interesting mix of racers this season. As of right now, I really like Herbert/Nathaniel and Dan/Sam. The whole angle that Ericka and Brian are pulling with the interracial thing seems a little outdated to me. People these days disapprove of interracial dating/marriage?! :eyebrow:

Anyway, hopefully it will be a great season!

Forgot to bump this up before the show tonight.

I loved the new twist at the beginning, although a few seasons back they did have an elimination fairly quickly in the first episode, but it sure wasn't in the first minute! I think the yoga people would have annoyed me like crazy, so I'm glad to see them gone.

Most of the teams really annoy me, so I'm hoping the teams I do like manage to stay until the end.

Not a bad start.

Seeing as I play poker and follow it on TV a bit, I'm familiar with Tiffany Michelle. She made it to the Top 15 or so of the WSOP last year, and forgive me for finding a more acceptable word, but she was quite the bitch and used very poor sportsmanship in the times she was on. So I'm not really surprised at how they acted here.

I loved the new twist at the beginning, although a few seasons back they did have an elimination fairly quickly in the first episode, but it sure wasn't in the first minute!

Yep - season 10.

Bilal & Sa'eed were eliminated after one challenge in Beijing mid-leg. They had to eat a fish soup (yummy eyeballs!) at a local restaurant - I tried to find the same place when in Beijing last year for the Games and couldn't find it - and then rush by taxi to the Meridian Gate at the Forbidden City (Palace Museum).

They had a caddy with departure times for the next morning for 11 teams, Bilal & Sa'eed came 12th and were eliminated after being in the race for about 18-20 hours (one flight + one challenge - just an estimate).

After TAR made a huge deal about having a muslim team they got booted pretty much straight away.

Now regarding this Race - I expected (but was really happy) the first leg was non-elimination. I reckon they should do that - or a double leg - every race so you get to know the teams better.

So after the premier I would say I'd like to see the final 3 be The Globetrotters, Zev/Justin and Pinky and the Brain. (Good nickname, credit to Brian I believe for that one).

I usually like to root for local entrants, but don't think I can get behind Lance and Keri.
Former Miss America (and her yellow thong) seems quite the bossy bitch (thats phanan's word, not mine, I'd never use it.:wink:). The right team got eliminated first (actually second), they would have fought all the time. Already Mika and Cannon are reminding me of The Weaver family, playing up the Christianity (and chasitity) yet Cannon was swearing while she was playing with the nice duckies. Sam/Dan and Cheyne/Meghan seem to be likeable. The Poker Twins are already way too deceitful, and Marcy is way too hyper.

It always takes me a few episodes to get to know the teams, but I already like the Globetrotters quite a bit. Didn't like the poker players Lance/Keri.

I'm just glad the show is back -- such a fun adrenaline rush!

I am soooo glad this show is back on, I just love it. I am voting for the couple from San Diego area! The twist at the beginning was so sad for that poor yoga couple, I can't help but wonder how long they would have lasted in the game though. I love the interaction with the poker champ girls. It's going to get pretty competitive I have a feeling.

What was the point of even being on the show if you get booted before it even begins.

I didn't like that "twist."

It seemed to be a harsh way to get booted - but it was something new. The Amazing Race - while always awesome - has been a bit stale casting wise and challenge wise. Also I heard this season is another 3 continent job. They dont really do the whole round-the-world thing anymore which is a shame. Have any of you downloaded The Amazing Race Asia? Well worth a look. Also those lovely folk over at Survivor Sucks thinks Zev is faking the Aspergers... ha!

I usually like to root for local entrants, but don't think I can get behind Lance and Keri.

Needs to be reiterated.

And I don't really need "team zebra" proclaiming how much greater they are than the rest of us because they are interracial...if you were truly enlightened, the subject wouldn't even need to be mentioned.

Can't stand Lance & Keri :mad:

Me too. I was hoping that they would be eliminated last night. Maybe next week! Their stupidity and inability to figure out simple clues seems very likely to cause them even more problems in the future.

The older couple seemed nice enough, but they were just WAY too slow doing the tasks, and not running at all at times. It's a RACE, people! :lol:

Globetrotters look like an excellent team, and the 2nd-place team looks like they'll be tough all season.

Lance & Keri look pretty incompetent out there.

Loved seeing so much of Vietnam last night.

Sad to see the older dating couple go last night but they just didn't seem all that competitive. Glad my San Diego couple is still in the game! Enjoyed the show last night!

This was my fist time tuning in this season.

Globetrotters FTW. They're awesome.

Also, there are a couple of cuties (Meghan and Mika), so I'll be rooting for them a bit as well. The poker players suck.

Too bad about Zev and Justin. Justin seems like a good guy. But 'dems the breaks, I guess.

I don't think I'll be planning a trip to Cambodia anytime soon. Or ever.

I wonder if the camera crew along with each team has knowledge of who & where the passport was lost :hmm: I wonder how much trouble it is for the competitors to get back home....

Lance & Keri are still in the race :angry:

the passports were probably stolen, they have a lot of value on the underground market.

I hate to say it, but their friend the cabbie, would have had the most opportunity

Back
Top Bottom