The Amazing Race 15!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is this the first time that the teams got to the final destination and didn't have to do some sort of recap about where they've been, flags, etc.? One of the Fox channels was showing last season's finale, and I saw the last ten minutes (I had seen it when it originally aired). They had to arrange the flags of the countries they had travelled to, in order, before they ran to the finish line. Seems like last night's "finale" was just another regular challenge.

Ericka at Cirque :yikes:
The brothers fighting, expected. Stupid stupid stupid-when will they learn? That cost them dearly.

Couldn't believe the stupidity on display not knowing Monte Carlo was in Monaco (not just from 2 of the teams, but cab drivers and other Vegas employees.

Well half of them didn't recognise a picture of Jackie Onassis Kennedy in Cambodia either... Kids these days :)

Is this the first time that the teams got to the final destination and didn't have to do some sort of recap about where they've been, flags, etc.? One of the Fox channels was showing last season's finale, and I saw the last ten minutes (I had seen it when it originally aired). They had to arrange the flags of the countries they had travelled to, in order, before they ran to the finish line. Seems like last night's "finale" was just another regular challenge.

I liked the million dollars in chips challenge. They were all so pumped and gung ho and then they were forced to stop and use their brains. It was one of the nastier (but good) challenges!

As for the flags/countries visited task they have only done that a few times. Season 3 they had to spin a totem pole in the right order of animals representing certain previous tasks. Season 5 they had to match pictures to places but that wasn't aired according to Wiki. Season 8 they had to put a map of North America together - however they didn't visit everywhere in the map. Season 9 at Red Rocks they had to the flags in order of where they went. Season 12 they had to sort items that represented previous tasks. Season 13 they had to sort pictures on a board showing previous locations/tasks and Season 14 they had the surfboards marked with images of prevoious places.

So yeah they did that for about half the seasons only but definitely the last 3. A nice change in my opinion.

I agree with Lila.....I thought the final challenges were really ho-hum...I like it when they have to retrace all the legs of the race and all the different challenges in order...that seems super tough to me...especially getting them in the correct order...I did not think counting chips was very callenging...although I know I personally would have sucked at that one!:wink: OMG and the brothers not knowing Wayne Newtons name!!!! Yikes!

I disagree - after the race to find/figure out the Monte Carlo, having just repelled down a building, bungeed around Cirque Du Soleil - all in a very small amount of time and then be told to stop, think and count? With all that adrenaline? Knowing you were practically an hour or so from the end of the race? Absolute torture! I thought it was really, really cruel!

I think the best team clearly won, even though I was rooting for the Globetrotters this season. Meghan and Cheyne were both pretty strong, even if Cheyne was passive sometimes.

The season overall was pretty good, but I agree with others that the race could use a few new twists, new destinations, etc. Shake things up just a bit. I still love the show, but it's not quite as thrilling as it was a few years ago.

Back
Top Bottom