Susan Boyle - my hero!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I honestly kind of find the kids on these shows to be creepy. I'm really not fond of their parents peddling them like this, and I actually kind of don't care for precocious kids with a talent...show them to me in 10 years, and we'll talk.
or we could wait 37 years
and see the toll of a stolen childhood.

I honestly kind of find the kids on these shows to be creepy. I'm really not fond of their parents peddling them like this, and I actually kind of don't care for precocious kids with a talent...show them to me in 10 years, and we'll talk.

I love you.

or we could wait 37 years
and see the toll of a stolen childhood.

michael-jackson-mugshot.jpg

I don't watch this program because I hate the baying crowd shouting "off off" at someone who's only try to bring a smile to people's faces. I'd like to see these yobs have the guts to go on stage and show us their act.

But I was reading what a journelist in classical music said about these on the website for the Telegraph. He said she had been receiving lessons from a vocal coach for 2 years. He said that she just needs to learn how to phrase a song and that if she went to a good vocal coach they will be able to extend her range without causing damage to a mature voice. Apparantly she's been receiving offers from teachers who want to help. But I think to get this far within two years is pretty impressive

The Associated Press
updated 11:01 a.m. ET, Fri., April 24, 2009

and a jowly face

OMG, like, how DARE she show some natural age!

:rolleyes:

gonna pump her face with botox then?

:down:

anyhow, I think she sounded great with Memory, thou really, because I love watching dance, Diversity were so fantastic Im so glad they are getting to final. :up::up::up::hyper::hyper:

I am kinda hoping she comes in 2nd place so celebrity-dom doesn't completely destroy her. She just seems like such a really genuine person and celebrity could really crush her.

Is anybody watching the Final show right now? Hopefully Susan will go last!

First up was dance group Flawless. Judges really like them.

Second up is the 12 year Welsh singer Shaheen Jafargholi. He's not annoying like most kid performers. Simon says he's a super super talent and has a shot the win. Simon has given a standing ovation for both of the contestants tonight so far.

Diversity deserved to win, they were fresh and entertaining all the way through. That boy dancer was boring.

bgtwinners1_482x449.jpg

Ok. I am over here in America.

I don't understand how this contest works.

Did she only have to sing 3 times?

And she sang one song twice?

How is the winner determined?

How many finalists were there?

I got some answers

there are 10 finalists

the winner is chosen by the public, phone calls and texts

how many contestants do they go through to get the final 10?

That boy dancer sure was boring. He didn't do any flash moves the other dance competitors did.

Too bad Susan didn't win as it would have been pretty cool to see her perform at the Royal Variety Performance before Her Majesty. Maybe she'll get an invite anyway.

That boy dancer sure was boring. He didn't do any flash moves the other dance competitors did.

Too bad Susan didn't win as it would have been pretty cool to see her perform at the Royal Variety Performance before Her Majesty. Maybe she'll get an invite anyway.

Susan will have her time before the Queen in due time. I feel she will do just fine with her new career, even better perhaps than if she had come in first place. Also, it's a big deal to some to meet HRH the Queen, but not to all.

I loved her performance in the finals and she looked lovely.

It doesn't matter if she came in 1st, 2nd or 100th - to me she is a winner.

I'm still as much an admirer of hers now as I was when I started this thread.
I have absolutely no doubt that we will be hearing from her again - talent like that can't stay untapped.

Well done Susan!!

I think the album, tour, etc is all to be forthcoming. I am so pleased that the show has been so protective and supportive of her and her health. I'm sure she will pull thru it all.

I am worried she is near a breakdown, and that would truly be a shame...the press needs to realize she is more fragile than others they hound

I am hoping for the very best for Susan, and hope that she will be well soon. I feel that she will come through this, with good help from doctors, and the support of family, friends, and her many fans. I can't wait until she will be recording her first album, and I definitely plan to buy it, and will enjoy her amazing talent.

I will also support her, I'm sure she will be fine. It's actually good that she is taking some down time after the upheaval of fame swooped her up there so quickly. Poor thing.

Back
Top Bottom