Survivor: Worlds Apart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Solid first episode. The right person got sent home. Too bad for So. She should have never listened to Joaquin (the Long Islander of the bunch :doh:) and deceived the tribe from the get go. So was supposed to be on last season's Blood Vs. Water, but her sister had a medical emergency a day before the show was gonna start, so she wasn't able to compete.

Random notes:

The coconut vendor is insane. He probably thinks he's on an extreme version of The Bachelor.

The postal worker is a hairy lump of shit drama queen.

Including So, ten of the contestants are from California.

The oldest contestant is 47 and the youngest is 22.

So far, all of the twentysomethings appear more mature than Baylor from last season. She was a tough act to follow. Plus, they don't have their mother there to do everything for them.

And finally, next time you're pumping gas and the video screen above the pump asks you to sing along to a Bon Jovi song, do it and you might wind up on Survivor. :wink:

Solid first episode. The right person got sent home. Too bad for So. She should have never listened to Joaquin (the Long Islander of the bunch :doh:) and deceived the tribe from the get go. So was supposed to be on last season's Blood Vs. Water, but her sister had a medical emergency a day before the show was gonna start, so she wasn't able to compete.

Random notes:

The coconut vendor is insane. He probably thinks he's on an extreme version of The Bachelor.
Quite insane, he's annoying and looks like an ass with his feathers, don't expect him to last long.
The postal worker is a hairy lump of shit drama queen.
If I looked like that dude, the last thing I'd do is parade around the beach in my wife's black panties

And finally, next time you're pumping gas and the video screen above the pump asks you to sing along to a Bon Jovi song, do it and you might wind up on Survivor. :wink:
Once he said he was famous for singing karaoke at a gas station, I said "I saw that"...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_FQFuUzDY4
Funny, both him and his wife, remember watching it on Leno...now he's at the top of the list of people to root for.

I had seen the guy before too. His wife's reactions cracked me up the most. I couldn't view the video here, though. I had to go to Youtube to view it. Either way, funny stuff.

When the postal worker took off his pants, I never would have expected to see him in the bikini briefs. Maybe he was showing some restraint. Maybe he usually wears granny panties.

You always get worried that the attractive male on a small tribe will take over pretty easily by wooing the naive young women, but it luckily never happens just that way.

It was clearly the transparent gameplan of Joaquin, Rodney and Vince - but that plan has already fallen apart for two of them. I'd be annoyed as hell though if my Survivor experience was instantly over because a couple of lovesick women aligned with some hunk in the first five minutes. Someone like Dan's game was already screwed given his age and fatness, even if he were able to keep his mouth shut.

So was a ridiculously easy first boot. Completely egotistical, unlikeable and untrustworthy. I don't know why anybody would ever ponder voting out the idol holder if they're willing to work with you (an issue Tyler appeared to waffle on)...you'd be booting an ally and then the idol would be hidden back in the woods the very next day. Better to know who possesses it and use it as a tribe at the merge, then to not know where it's at.

Based on next week's preview, Shirin would be impossible to vote out if I were on the White Collar tribe. :drool:

Well, at least Joaquin and Rodney have a(convoluted) game plan. Whereas Vince thinks that flirting (badly) is the way to go. So said in an interview today that she and Joaquin did tell someone else about their ruse, but that wasn't shown. She also said that she repeatedly tried to persuade Joaquin to not go the "deceive" route and that also wasn't shown. So took the fall, but Joaquin will probably be out soon once White Collar gets to another Tribal Council.

I guess you mean Nina blew it because she told Will what Vince had said about him?

Will's still an idiot for making that decision, even if he didn't like or fully couldn't trust Vince. Will knows he's fourth-rung on the ladder now.

Guess Joe inherited the "hot guy with female followers role"...Malcolm would have cleaned up on a season like this one.

Vince was a divisive force in the tribe. It was a wise move to get rid of him. Plus, he was a major douchebag. The No Collars can't afford to have somebody who is bringing bad vibes to the tribe. Nina needs to step up and tell the people in her tribe to look at her when they talk so she can understand what they're saying. Walking off and crying about it won't accomplish anything. If she keeps that up, she'll become the next weakest link and be gone. I like Will. I think he's a good dude. I hope he's able to hang in there for a while.

They should have gotten rid of the deaf lady honestly, she is the weakest link. Its too early to be getting rid of strong players even though coconut boy was super annoying.

If the NC's lose, Nina would probably be next. Coconut Boy might have been strong, but he sucked during that last IC. I don't think he got one ball in the net.

Pretty poor strategy by the NC's in the challenge. Almost thought they were gonna send Will Bon Jovi home.
That tribe is a hot mess.
2 hours next week.

I would have voted Nina out too...what a whiney-ass...you just know she would have had another meltdown eventually and quit the game herself, probably.
And Yes..terrible strategy for the challenge.

I would have voted Nina out too...what a whiney-ass...you just know she would have had another meltdown eventually and quit the game herself, probably.
And Yes..terrible strategy for the challenge.

Agreed, terrible plan for the IC. But, I would have voted out Will instead of Nina. If she was "saved", this probably would have given her confidence a little boost. Giving her the opportunity to think that her tribe actually believes in her. Also, Will is in dreadful shape to say the least. I wouldn't be surprised if he's Type 2 diabetes, but I would think they give the contestants physicals before they participate in the game. Anyway, none of that shit happened so fuck it. If the NC's lose again, Will is outta there. I'm hoping the BC's lose the next IC so they can vote out the Christian guy. He is fuckin' annoying! Coconut Boy has been replaced. Dang it. :huh:

It actually is a shame coco-NUT boy is gone... at least it was entertaining to watch crazy-train!! Now there is no one left to make fun of...at least that they have shown us!! haha! They are spending like zero time showcasing white collar tribe... they are as boring as their occupations! :lol:

There's still some nuts left. Hairy Postal Worker Guy, plus the aforementioned Christian Nut Guy. Both from the BC tribe. Then there's Naked Nutty Girl from WC. You know, the one who likes watching monkeys fuck.

Yeah, this season is littered with nutjobs and the drama only is going to escalate judging by next week's preview. Vince was television gold, certainly, but there's still plenty of zaniness to go around.

Got to vote out Nina over Will in that situation. She screwed her own game completely when she came back from tribal and pointed out the obvious fact that she was next to go home. She should have tried to ingratiate herself with everyone and turn a new leaf. They had no reason to keep around the wet blanket that feels they're on the outs and will flip on them the first second she gets the chance to.

Yeah, don't see Rodney lasting too long.

Loved the look on Shirin's face when the votes were read.

Ok, here's something funny. When Max said that he was glad they lost that last IC because he wanted to vote somebody out, I actually thought of you immediately. Because usually when someone makes a statement like that it means that person is getting voted out. I mean I don't know your real name or what you look like, but I could picture the faceless you turning and looking at your faceless wife and saying "that guy is outta there". :lol:

Shirin is fuckin' bonkers. This season seems like they have a lot of crazy people.

Back
Top Bottom