Survivor: South Pacific

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I guess we learned tonight that Coach doesn't want to look like a scumbag. I think he did make the right move though because there'd be no reason to have a Final Four deal with Albert going from here on out. Coach needs Rick because, like Edna & Brandon, he's given Coach his full loyalty.

I think next week will have the same nonsense. Edna will try and target someone but the five will stay loyal to each other.

Cochran looked like a royal jack-ass. He probably could have finished 7th, anyway, if they had drawn rocks and Jim had gone home. But he joined a Final 7 alliance and shouldn't have expected much more.

Coach is really playing with fire to be honest. If he goes along with voting out Edna next, then he's running the risk of having Albert and/or Sophie next to him in the end. With Edna by his side, he's guaranteed a Final 4 with Brandon/Rick and a Final Three where he'd win under any scenario.

I have to give Cock Ring props tonight...he provided me with the biggest laugh of the season when he said to Probst "talking strategy to Brandon is like talking to you about shirts that aren't blue".

Ozzy's gonna eat him alive in a duel.

Coach is really playing with fire to be honest. If he goes along with voting out Edna next, then he's running the risk of having Albert and/or Sophie next to him in the end. With Edna by his side, he's guaranteed a Final 4 with Brandon/Rick and a Final Three where he'd win under any scenario.
Lets not forget that someone from RI will step back in...hopefully Ozzy with only one immunity challenge to get to the final 3 and the challenge is a swimming race. (Man where did this season go so horribly wrong that I'm rooting for Ozzy now?)

Swimming race. :lol:

Ozzy is only going to have to do three Redemption challenges, no? I imagine there won't be one next week and that the last one will be Ozzy vs. Cochran vs. somebody else. Beating six people in three challenges after the merge is hardly a show of supremacy or anything, but it's painfully clear that Ozzy returns given that he's the only player they've ever focused on after the Redemption Island challenges. We keep seeing this footage concerning him for a reason and it won't be just to lead up to a big let-down.

My theory as to how everything pans out, based solely on a "clue" in last night's episode....

After Ozzy won the challenge, we saw a concerned looking Sophie and then Coach. I think that Coach will ultimately keep Sophie around and she'll defeat Ozzy in one of the last two immunity challenges, leading to his exit. I'm also thinking that Coach could stick with Albert as well simply to have another strong person to try and beat Ozzy. I mean, imagine if the Final Four + Ozzy were Coach/Cochran/Edna/Rick....they really wouldn't have a chance.

Cochran has been the most entertaining contestant on the show. His line about Brandon was classic. Brandon is a complete mess. I can't believe he's related to Russell.

Kind of funny that many folks here thought that Ozzy was done last month after his erratic behavior. I don't see him winning the million dollars, but I could see him in the Final Three. Obviously, it's looking more and more like Coach will be the Million Dollar Man. Maybe Rancher Rick (who is actually talking now, lol) and Sophie will give him a run for his money so to speak.

I could see Ozzy winning. If he wins his way to the final three, and has two sad sacks like. . .well virtually anyone other than Coach (or maybe Sophie) sitting next to him, do we really think that the Upolu will reward such pathetic game play just to not vote for Ozzy?

If Ozzy makes the final 3, he won't need any Upolo votes to win...9 jury members, 5 will be Savaii, 4 will be Upolo. So as long as he can get the Savaii votes he's assured the win. Cock Ring would be the only one who might not vote for him, though after the way things went down last night I think he would so long as Ozzy's nice to him during their time on RI.
Even if he only gets 4 votes from Keith, Whitney, Jim and Dawn he can win if the other 5 votes get split between say Coach and Sophie.

If he can win challenges and get to the final 3 (the only way he's getting there), I think Ozzy wins.

If Ozzy makes the final 3, he won't need any Upolo votes to win...9 jury members, 5 will be Savaii, 4 will be Upolo. So as long as he can get the Savaii votes he's assured the win. Cock Ring would be the only one who might not vote for him, though after the way things went down last night I think he would so long as Ozzy's nice to him during their time on RI.
Even if he only gets 4 votes from Keith, Whitney, Jim and Dawn he can win if the other 5 votes get split between say Coach and Sophie.

If he can win challenges and get to the final 3 (the only way he's getting there), I think Ozzy wins.

Truth be told this could be the most likely scenario.

Whatever the case no matter who wins it appears its going to be a lackluster end to a lackluster season.

Aww, c'mon. This season hasn't been that bad. Maybe there aren't a lot of great players, but the show has been entertaining. Ozzy's antics have been fun to watch. Coach and Cochran have of course been entertaining too. Plus, the tribes have been pretty evenly matched which is always good to see. I'm reserving final judgement on this season until the sole Survivor has been awarded the million dollars. Obviously, we're all looking forward to Brandon getting voted out. That should be fun. Hopefully, he cries... a lot. :wink:

Survivor 4 Life, baby! :hyper:

I think Cochran made a mistake, but not one that will cost him a huge amount.

Right now I think he's assured himself a 7th place finish. I'd be very surprised if he got further than that. There is no reason for Upolu not to simply pick off the members of the other tribe and finish off with Cochran.

:shrug:

No way does Ozzy win or get into the top 3 unless he wins every single immunity challenge. Why would anyone in their right mind put him in a position where a jury of his own tribemates gets to vote for him? These people are stupid but nobody is THAT stupid.

I have stated all along Ozzy's only chance is to win his way to the final 3...thing is he's very capable of doing it.
Albert's the only phyiscal threat to him left, so unless there's a puzzle type challenge, Ozzy has a great shot at running the table.

Aww, c'mon. This season hasn't been that bad. Maybe there aren't a lot of great players, but the show has been entertaining. Ozzy's antics have been fun to watch. Coach and Cochran have of course been entertaining too. Plus, the tribes have been pretty evenly matched which is always good to see. I'm reserving final judgement on this season until the sole Survivor has been awarded the million dollars. Obviously, we're all looking forward to Brandon getting voted out. That should be fun. Hopefully, he cries... a lot. :wink:

Survivor 4 Life, baby! :hyper:

Yeah, lackluster season isn't quite the right word. It's just this particular group of contestants is so unimaginative and short-sighted. I agree with you though that having the tribes so evenly matched has been refreshing.

And Survivor at its worst is still my favorite show on television!

Yeah, it would definitely be a stretch to say this was an awful season....there's a lot of big characters in it and some pretty good drama. It's certainly much better than the last two by any measurement, albeit frustrating that so many people haven't taken up the reins when they should have.

On the whole it hasn't been bad, but it seems to have petered out since the merge...pre-merge it was very good with 2 very evenly matched tribes. Once Cock Ring flipped, it became somewhat lackluster basically cause none of the Upolu have made a move.

On the whole it hasn't been bad, but it seems to have petered out since the merge...pre-merge it was very good with 2 very evenly matched tribes. Once Cock Ring flipped, it became somewhat lackluster basically cause none of the Upolu have made a move.

:up:

this season has not been that bad at all

there have been at least 5 others that have been total crap
the competitions have been pretty good this season, I have not been bitching that they have set up to favor anyone or facilitate an outcome

As for Cochran, I did not watch the clip show, but from what I did see he made no real mistakes. His tribe treated him like crap, no respect what so ever. If he stayed with them he had zero chance. And they would continued to treat him like a bitch. Why would he want to continue with them on his knees?

Why all the hating on Coach? He has played a pretty flawless game.
It would have been easy to throw Brandon out, I thought he should, especially when he found out he is Russel's cousin. But, at this point in time keeping him seems to be the right move.

As for Jim, Keith and Whitney what a bunch of useless suck wads. The 3 Stooges.

Ozzy has played an OK game. After Cochran's move he at lease spoke to him in a civil manner, there was a chance they could have gotten him back, if they gave him a reason. But Whitney and Jim just went nutso.

Again, Cochran before the move, he had zero chance, after the big move, slightly better than zero. So it was his best move. Each player comes into this game with a certain skill set. Cochran's had the least.

I will be so pissed if Coach gets to the end and loses to somebody else simply because a lot of people don't want to vote for a returning player. At this point, he'd unarguably be the most robbed finalist in the history of the show.

Why didn't Cochran just flip at the Final 11? I know he was scared of drawing rocks, but if Savaii is successful when there's 12, they'd be up 6-5 going into the next round which would be the perfect time for Cochran to flip. He'd then go to being in a Final Six instead of Final 7 with people he liked. He could've also really made Coach and everyone on his tribe grovel at his feet and maybe even earned a real Final Three deal out of the whole situation.

Also, since Coach would have to play the idol at 11 regardless so that his tribe would have a chance at evening things out going into the next tribal council, Cochran could've said that they all told him they'd put his name down if he didn't flip and he'd get idoled out. Might have been a sob story that Savaii would have respected more.

It's been kind of boring these last few weeks. Nobody wants to make a move and it's too predictable as a result. I wonder if they are trying to throw us off with that preview for next week, or if it really happens. Would be funny if it did.

Just when you thought Coach was boring this season, he does all this work to put himself into a position to win and now is attempting to take Ozzy to the end. It's the same warrior schtick nonsense that lost him the game the previous two seasons and now he has his head up his own ass all over again. :lol:

Also, I loved Brandon's dad trying to talk him into playing the game. Too funny.

Brandon is so coo coo. FFS if you dont want a million dollars, go home.

Edna annoys me.. all this talk about honesty and integrity blah blah .. has she not seen the show before? Coach and Ozzy in the finals would be pretty cool and I bet that's where its heading.

Brandon is so coo coo. FFS if you dont want a million dollars, go home.

Edna annoys me.. all this talk about honesty and integrity blah blah .. has she not seen the show before? Coach and Ozzy in the finals would be pretty cool and I bet that's where its heading.

Ozzy versus Coach... in a CAGE!!! :rockon:

Felt bad for Cochran when he lost to Ozzy. He almost had him. Dang it. Doesn't matter I suppose. If Ozzy does face Coach at the end, Cochran will vote for Coach.

Anybody not voting for Coach in the end would be a spiteful little whiner. Unfortunately, that describes the four people that Cochran royally screwed over (and five if Ozzy's on the jury). :/

These Savaii jurors continue to be total assholes. The clips of Cochran at Ponderosa are just infuriating. The worst part of it is that they give Cochran all this grief about giving up a guaranteed 6th place finish when it's their fault he flipped! They did NOTHING to give him any reason to stay in the alliance other than to further them in the game. He owed them nothing, and their continued sense of arrogance and entitlement is maddening.

What drives me crazy is that the big lesson learned--you can't treat people like shit and then expect them to work with you--went right over their heads.

They deserve to be where they are.

I think I said that or something like that, well I meant to anyways.

I can't fault anything Cochran did, he did the most he could with the skill set he came in with. Aside from Coach, he has played the next best game. who else made any kind of move, took any risk? I can't give Ozzy a lot of props, with all his experience, he should have treated Cochran better. If his team had not been so stupid, good chance they would still be in and the others would be out.

Back
Top Bottom