Survivor: South Pacific

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh and one last comment...when Probst was pulling the votes during the first vote and he pulled one out for "Don"...I said to the wife, "that had to be Brandon's vote"...sure enough when they showed the voting during the end credits, Baby Hantz was the one who gave her a masculine name.

Wow, tough economic times have reached Survivor. ;) Ponderosa is a real step down this year!

I love the setting, particularly as someone who lived in that part of the world for more than ten years. But to be honest, I'd be a little disappointed if I were a booted Survivor.

Ohh I forgot about Ponderosa. Will go watch now. Is it really a step down? Jeez remember last season they were living in luxury!

Survivor
Just Announced: CBS has renewed SURVIVOR for two more seasons!! New season premieres Feb 15.

I've been away awhile but...dear lord this particular group of castaways sucks. Russell is going to smack lil Hantz in the head for not pwning these people.

I mean...they do realize they all lose a jury vote to Coach Zeus right? Well, except Ozzy with all the Savaii on the jury that is. Honestly I could see a road to Cochran winning...if he was able to orchestrate a blindsiding of Coach after flipping and ousting his entire pre-merge tribe, he'd deserve a vote I think. But no...his "big move" idea was let's blindside Edna. Really?

The Edna thing was weird,
but she did not have an idol and if it got back to Coach, one could at least defend themselves by saying something like she does not deserve to be here like you (Coach) and me.

and yeah my gripe about grudge jury voting could come in again this season.

with Jim, Keith, Whitney, and Dawn going along for a floater to win over a more deserving person.

I'd like to see viewers having some part of the vote, too (i think)
that way players would have to be playing both a long and short game

Meee Three on the wishing Whitney would have won immunity at tribal...it definately would have been interesting to see who they would have voted out....probably Cochran..

and...
I would LOVE to be able to vote on a winner from my armchair at home!!:lol:

I'd like to see viewers having some part of the vote, too (i think)
that way players would have to be playing both a long and short game

Right, cause American Idol and fan voted sports all star teams shows us that the American public always gets it right.

borat-not-jb.jpg

We try...we try...:sexywink:
Can we at least vote on which 2 previous Survivor players come back on to play?

I'm thinking the Survivor seasons drag on and on. I tend to lose interest as I've done with this season as well. The show was exciting and fun in the beginning seasons. Is it just me recognizing this?

^Probably not.

I'm still enjoying it though. Even a subpar season like this one. :shrug:

Having returning players both adds and subtracts something I feel. It adds some interest in terms of seeing how they'll do, and seeing a familair player to root for or against right out of the gate. But I find that they are dominating the game too much. I'm beginning to think that the other contestants are unduly influenced by "celebrity worship." They can't seem to get rid of the returnin players most of the time. I don't think they would have ever had the cajones to vote out Ozzy if he hadn't ordered them to.

The Heros vs Villians season was outstanding though. It was quite entertaining to see so many people playing the game at such a high level. I think the problem with two returning players and a bunch of novices is that you have two people playing a high level and everyone else bumbling around and that makes it kind of boring and predicatable.

BO-RING.

Though in truth, they've gotten better over the years. Now mostly new scenes and not just edits of what we already saw.

Tonight's episode for example really revealed more of how terribly Cochran was treated by his tribe.

I still can't get over how stupid Savaii was to essentially hand him over to the other team. They have no one but themselves to blame for his defection.

:lol:

Even Jeff Probst doesn't want to watch the recap episode! He didn't do his usual live Twitter updates this week!

I still can't get over how stupid Savaii was to essentially hand him over to the other team. They have no one but themselves to blame for his defection.

I think the episode more clearly pointed out to me that Coach is an extraordinary a$$hole and a bully. His behaviour when Mikayla was sick was beneath that of an 8-year-old kid.

I actually liked the recap episode. I was watching it with my girlfriend and she doesn't really watch the show. It helped bring her up to speed on things. I laughed when they showed the scene of Dawn doing a confessional and Ozzy strolled by.

Survivor 4 Life, baby! Recap shows and all! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

I'm over these losers handing Coach a million bucks. Can't wait for next season's awesome twist

Where two tribes live on the same beach throughout the game. Should lead to a lot of new strategy and a lot of work for whoever wins that one.

I think the episode more clearly pointed out to me that Coach is an extraordinary a$$hole and a bully. His behaviour when Mikayla was sick was beneath that of an 8-year-old kid.

That too.

I'm over these losers handing Coach a million bucks. Can't wait for next season's awesome twist

Where two tribes live on the same beach throughout the game. Should lead to a lot of new strategy and a lot of work for whoever wins that one.

I agree. I really don't care to see Coach win, but the rest of the field is so pathetic. I really can't think of anyone who deserves it more.

The twist for next season sounds cool!

Is that true? Wow.

Weird- I was just thinking about that potential idea a few days ago and how interesting it would be if they ever did that. :up:

Everyone thinks about possible Survivor twists when they're taking a shower, right?

Back
Top Bottom