Survivor: South Pacific

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't think Coach is really playing with idiots. These people are going to play the game unlike last season's cast. They just have no real reason whatsoever to remove Coach at this point. I can't really blame them for letting him be the leader and all. I do think Coach has stepped up his game immensely though and is playing quite well which is probably not what the producers want since he hasn't been all that entertaining this year...

...but that's why they gave us Brandon Hantz. I am so :love: with the guy. All I care about this season is him making it into the finale episode so I can continue to watch the madness. :drool:

Yeah, that promiscuous harlot...what with her walking around with a vagina between her legs and all. :lol:

Wow, nobody had a word to say about last nights episode? I'm surprised!

At any rate, I think they're getting better at not telegraphing which team is going to tribal council. I thought for sure Ozzy's team was going to be there with all the emphasis on the getting Ozzy out and I really wasn't sure who was going to go home, though I wasn't surprised by the result.

I kinda liked Stacy but she failed to learn an important Survivor lesson. You can't be a social hermit and last long in this game.

There was no good reason for Stacy to go

and no good reason to keep Brandon, I will say they both proved themselves in the challenge.

but Brandon is such a loose cannon, keeping him makes no sense, except for the ratings.

Stacy had to go because her social game was atrocious. She clearly hadn't really bonded with anyone and was treating everyone like shit (as evidenced by her reactions to Coach & Edna). Keeping her around would hurt tribe moral and she'd have every reason to flip once the merge came along.

As for Brandon, he's up there with Albert for the title of strongest male on his tribe. He's causing problems, but he clearly plans on being loyal to the alliance of five, so as long as the crazy can be dialed down, he's worth keeping.

So, weak Edna is probably on the chopping block for her tribe while Mikayla has no alliances either. One of those will be next to go if they lose.

On the other tribe, I think shit's probably going to hit the fan real soon. It'll be either Elyse or Ozzy getting the chop, surely. And it will cause so much drama. :hyper:

People that clearly don't win this season based on their edit: Albert, Elyse, Keith, Rick and Whitney. We've seen very little of them in the first four episodes, almost none in fact. Also, Ozzy's edit is extremely negative and meant to make him look like an idiot at every turn (especially in contrast to Coach). So we can rule him out as well. I'd also rule out the three girls that look like the next to go (Mikayla, Edna and Elyse).

The contenders would then seem to be Brandon, Coach, Cochran, Dawn, Jim and Sophie. Very entertaining bunch if you ask me.

Only people I failed to mention are the two on Redemption Island. If it's like last season, they'd need to win the next four challenges in a row to return. Not going to happen.

Brandon is a total train wreck.
Anyone who can make Coach seem like one of the most sane men we've ever seen on reality TV has some issues.
(I miss the old battling Amazon Pygmies Coach).

Brandon is a total train wreck.
Anyone who can make Coach seem like one of the most sane men we've ever seen on reality TV has some issues.
(I miss the old battling Amazon Pygmies Coach).

:lol: Seriously. Coach seems so normal this season.

I found it to be a terrible strategic move. Here's the scenarios:

1) Play it safe and vote out Cochran. Your tribe remains a group of six. Make sure to make Dawn feel welcome and you have a shot at hitting the merge with a tight unit that can win the game.

2) Vote out Ozzy. You've now eliminated the idol and can try and convince Elyse to stick with the team and that it was nothing personal but Ozzy was just too much of a threat.

3) The idiotic decision they made. Two of them knew Ozzy had the idol and said nothing about it. Now, one of the five of them goes home if they lose an immunity challenge since Ozzy will play the idol. If they all do make the merge, Ozzy likely jumps ship anyway since he doesn't trust any of them.

Savaii is pretty much screwed in my eyes. If they lose a challenge, they will be an alliance of four with Ozzy jumping ship at the merge. And whomever returns from Redemption Island won't be much help since that would only get their numbers up to 5 vs. 7 (if the merge is at 12). They are doomed.

What the hell were Keith and Whitney thinking by voting for Dawn?
They thought they wouldn't piss Ozzy off because they didn't vote for Elyse...but by not voting for Cock Ring they basically voted Elyse off...just shortsighted and stupid. Obviously Ozzy's gonna be pissed.
Big Mac is right, since they knew Ozzy has the idol, you have 2 options, take him and the idol out blind side style or take out Cock Ring and pretend everything's hunky dory for the time being until a better opportunity presents itself.

Ozzy meanwhile is playing very poorly(aside from having found an idol), and next week's whiny bitch meltdown should prove interesting.

The wonderful thing about Surivor is watching the magic unfold. The editors do a fine job of changing the contestants' fortunes each week. After last night's episode, Coach appears to have things going for him. But, who knows? Within the next two episodes, that could all change. It appears things aren't going too well for Ozzy, but anything can happen in Surivor. I wouldn't count him out just yet. Plus, if he is voted out and they feed him physical challenges at Redemption Island, he'll gobble them up like Boston Rob did with puzzles.

Coach :heart: :heart: :heart:

coachchop2.jpg

can't wait for whiney Ozzy next week:hyper::hyper::hyper:
and that challenge was disgusting....taking it back to camp and eating it made me cringe:huh:

Sicy....Love that "Benjamin" responded to your photo on FB!! :D

Big Mac pretty much nailed it.

Real bonehead move on their part this week. They should have just blindsided Ozzy. That fool wouldn't have used the idol and would have been sent home with it in his pocket...again. I guess they feel they still need him around camp and for challenges.

His declaration in the previews for next week that he is now a "free agent" is just ridiculous. How does he expect to pull that off?

that could just be the edit

he could have figured out, the card counter got his girl out

so he is just claiming free agent, so he (they) can target the card counter

People are starting to hate Ozzy a lot and that's a good thing for his enemies. Voting him off now would be foolish. He's still great at two major elements in the game: Challenges and catching fish. They've gotta keep utilizing him for those two things right there. Plus, that whole Redemption Island thingie. He could do well there and come back with a vengence. If he makes it towards the end of the game, he'll have a tough time winning though, because of all the haters.

People are starting to hate Ozzy a lot .

And thats just the viewers. :wink:

Its interesting that Coach and Ozzy are on opposite tacks with the way they are perceived...

First time out, everyone thought Coach was anut job and couldn't stand him...2nd time, he was not soo tough to take but still a little off (basically for listening to Russell), this time so far he's being perceived well...head is on straight, he's the voice of reason and seems to have a good solid strategy.

First time out Ozzy was very popular, a whiz in chellenges, nothing to dislike about him...2nd time got a little less likeable(got cocky with his lustful alliance with LividManda, Pavarti and James), played a little dumber (voted out with an idol), this time he is coming across as arrogant, overconfident, whiny and again kind of stupid(not really paying attention to strategy, just assuming he had things under control)

As Coach goes up, Ozzy comes down. Interesting transformation and one of the reasons I generally (not in every case) enjoy seeing returning players.

I guess I see things a bit differently from the rest of you. I thought it was a good move. Ozzy can be stupid at times, and perhaps by the previews shown he'll overreact like a baby and he'll just be taken out in the future. But even he must know that sticking with his tribe is still his best move. There is no way the other tribe, with Coach, would take him in. There's no way they'd trust him. So the scenarios are as follows:

1. Ozzy acts like a whiney bitch and has no alliance with anyone, and will be eventually removed from the game (yes, I know he has the idol, but it will be flushed out quickly, and he'll be gone after that). If he survives to the merge, while he can obviously win his share of challenges, the first time he loses, he'll be gone. Nobody from either tribe will want him to stick around.

2. Ozzy comes to the realization that he has no other move but to stay aligned with his current tribe. By regrouping, they remain strong and have a better chance together to take out the other tribe until they have the numbers to ditch Ozzy down the road. It's also good for Ozzy because he won't necessarily have to win as many challenges until later on.

A lot depends on the next few immunity challenges and when the merge actually occurs, of course. I agree the move could definitely backfire, but so much happens between now and the merge that it could just as easily work out as well.

Ozzy can still regroup with his tribe and they might not toss him to the sharks right away once they have a merge advantage. The longer he goes into the merge and starts to be negatively perceived by the opposing tribe, the more likely some of his own tribemates would keep him around since they figure he'd be beatable in the end. Plus, if he wins a few challenges and they can't remove him, people will want to have him on their side since that's a number in your favor when you have to cut one of your own because Ozzy wins immunity.

Ozzy told Cochran in the preview for next week's that he's willing to be voted out and go to Redemption Island in order to help the team. I could totally see Christine winning her fifth challenge in a row next week (against Mikayla) and then being slaughtered by Ozzy the week after. Would really suck for her.

Regardless of who wins next week's immunity challenge, the merge will be 6 from one tribe, 5 from the other and the Redemption Island returnee. If Ozzy is volunteering to go to Redemption, then Savaii is in great shape. If Ozzy wins the final RI challenge, they have six at the merge. If their tribe wins the next immunity challenge, they'd have seven if they flip Christine and could probably flip Mikayla as well. So, either way, they hit the merge either 6-6 or 7-5. Basically, it's not a must win for Savaii, but Coach's tribe is pretty much in a bind if they lose the next immunity challenge. Their only hope would be to correctly play an idol at the merge to try and shift things back a bit.

Obviously, the more interesting scenario is that Coach's tribe wins the next immunity challenge which would likely give us a 6 vs. 6 duke out at the merge. Could lead to a crazy tiebreaker which should be purple rocks since firestarting challenges only occur at the Final 4 from what I remember. Obviously, an idol would negate that. Also, the week after would be interesting since it would be 6 vs. 5 and the group of 5 could attempt playing an idol if they have one. Probably makes more sense to not play an idol at 6 vs. 6 and then try to play one at 6 vs 5 in order to either prevent or start a comeback.

Of course Ozzy could volunteer to to go to RI and the duel could be a puzzle and he might lose...that would be funny.

Maybe the first post merge TC will have Ozzy and Coach both targeted, each getting 6 votes and each playing their immunity idol...what fun that would be.

And Brandon...rocket scientist perhaps?...."The next immunity challenge is gonna be detrimental to the rest of the game"....perhaps little Hantz meant "Instrumental".

You know at some point its probably going to be Ozzy and Coach at RI. :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom