SURVIVOR - Redemption Island

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sicy

Sizzlin' Sicilian
Staff member
Survivor: Redemption Island premieres Wednesday, February 16th at 8/7c on CBS!

Cast has been announced, with the exception of two (Russell Hantz and Rob Mariano).

---> Meet The Cast <---

Surv22_HP_cast.jpg

I actually like the new twist. Should be interesting to see who eventually ends up coming back into the game once they're voted out.

They all look pretty hardcore. I'm sure the challenges will be plenty physical, making up for them watering down the challenges in Nicaragua so the older people could stand a chance. I think this one will actually be good. :up:

I actually like it, too. Looks like we've got another Fabio in the yellow, and more ex-NFL players. What's with that? :doh:

Count me as one who'll never get tired of seeing Russell play. :hyper:

And dont forget the staple blonde LA mactors and southern belles haha.

Only 18 peeps instead of 20...

I dont like Russell but it should definitely be interesting.

OMETEPE

Andrea Boehlke, 21, Random Lake, Wis., student

Matt Elro, 22, Nashville, pre-med student

Krista Klumpp, 25, Columbia, S.C., pharmaceutical representative

David Murphy, 31, West Hollywood, attorney

Stephanie Valencia, 25, Long Beach, waitress

Sarita White, 36, Santa Monica, visual effects producer

Julie Wolfe, 50, Oceanside, firefighter

Steve Wright, 51, Huntington Beach, former NFL player

ZAPATERA

Mike Chiesl, 31, Del Mar, former Marine

Ralph Kiser, 44, Lebanon, Va., farmer

Francesca Hog, 36, Washington, D.C., attorney

Kristina Kell, 46, Malibu, law student

Grant Mattos, 29, West Hollywood, yoga instructor

Phillip Sheppard, 53, Santa Monica, technology executive

Natalie Tenerell, 19, Acton, dancer

Ashley Underwood, 25, Benton, Maine, nurse

Actually, CBS only revealed 16 of the 18 players, leaving two "mystery" players yet to be named, but everyone and his brother knows they're Rob and Russell. I'm sure the show will be saving the official unwrapping for the Feb. 16 premiere.

I'm still not sure how the Rob vs. Russell theme is going to work - or whether it's a good idea at all. The Redemption Island theme, as explained by Jeff Probst on the Nicaragua reunion show, will allow one player to re-enter the game near the end of the competition.

Yeah gross. He should have waxed that shit before he got on the show.

So, nine guys. Whichever one of Rob or Russell ends up on the tribe with only four guys is going to get a big advantage because your tribe knows if they vote you off, there's only three men left compared to the other team's five. I have a feeling Russell will be on the one with only four guys so people will have an excuse to keep him around.

Actually managed to find the info without running into spoilers....turns out that Rob is on Ometepe (with only four guys) and Russell's on the other tribe. So, you have Rob with his charming persona, his work ethic around camp/challenge success on a tribe with only four guys. Whereas, the completely untrustworthy Russell is on the tribe with five men and is therefore expendable. Honestly, I'll be shaking my head in disbelief if Russell lasts more than one tribal council on the Zapatera tribe. He can outlast a weak female right off the bat, but that's about it. I wouldn't even take the chance.

I think that it would be much more interesting if this is the way it is done:

Rob and Russell are captains of the two teams, but they are non-contestants and cannot be voted off (they are paid a set fee). The tribes don't merge until the first jury member time. At the merge, they become the first 2 members of the jury.

This is pretty stupid when you think about it.. those two are going to be voted off with a quickness unless the new cast is a bunch of complete idiots. The only way is if one of them ends up fighting to the merge (?) on Redemption Island. And even then, the cast would be COMPLETELY STUPID not to vote them out.

Jerri Mantheys post on Sucks

FINALLY! I've known about this for some time and I've been a little sick to my stomach about it. NOW.... I'm just plain nauseous! did Jeff really say, "If you don't like Russell, then you're not really a Survivor fan????" REEEEEAAALLLLYYYYY????? Ugh.

And did Rob say, "I've done everything I've ever said I was going to do?" WWWWHHHHAATT??? Ask Lex if that statement is true.......

It's sad to see so many delusions being thrown into the general public. It's sad to see people believing their own press. And it's infuriating that the rules of a game I respected so much are being CHANGED to cater to characters that were CREATED so that they can stick around longer for RATINGS.

As someone who played the game 3 times, and someone who was villainized and scrutinized beyond measure, I gotta say...... it was a much better show when things happened ORGANICALLY..... when situations weren't FORCED..... when people weren't CATERED to.

I'll definitely check out the new season out of sheer curiosity - much like an accident on the freeway, but much like an accident on the freeway, I will more than likely continue to drive by......

I believe this season marks the end of the Survivor franchise. That's my prediction.

:heart:

Honestly think its going to come down to them battling it out at Redemption Island.

Russell is just an arogant ass! His FB status:

Russell Hantz
when this is all over maybe rob would like to get in a cage with me and man the f@$% up !!! what do u say rob ??!!

Nope.. I dont comment on any of his stuff lol.

It's pretty funny though how full of himself he is. He's got short complex I'm sure.

So I'm going to a bay area Survivor viewing party for the premiere. Yau-Man is organizing it again. Guess who's going! Haha!! :D

Via fb

Christine
Coach! I just heard that you are coming to the S22 premiere party in San Leandro! Yay! I cant wait to meet you. I'm friends with Marty too so it will be nice to see him again as well.

Coach Wade
Awesome. Cant wait to meet you too!!!!!

Say hello to Sugar for me. Tell her that 80sU2 thinks she's the best!

I wish Sugar would go! Shes in LA though. And she's always complaining about how broke she is so I doubt she'll make the trip lol.

Back
Top Bottom