SURVIVOR - Redemption Island

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm really not getting the criticism here. How is that any different than praying before a sporting event or a test?

I believe Big Mac is referring to Krista's exit interview(as was I previously) where she said it was OK that she lost to Matt, because they decided beforehand it was God's will as to whatever the outcome would be...not them praying beforehand.

My 2 cents is that if there is a God, he's got more important things to concern himself with than a duel on Redemption Island on a reality show.

Ralph is lucky to be cruising through
he never does anything at the challenges
he reminds me of a kid on the playground jumping up and down saying 'give me the ball' and then when he gets it, he drops it.

Ralph is lucky to be cruising through
he never does anything at the challenges
he reminds me of a kid on the playground jumping up and down saying 'give me the ball' and then when he gets it, he drops it.

Actually, Ralph is doing just fine. In the challenges that his tribe has won, he was highly instrumental. Plus, he's got that hidden immunity idol thingie, so he's got that going for him. I think it would be highly inaccurate to say he's been "cruising through". He's been one of the hardest workers at his camp and it's not like he's been sandbagging it through the challenges that his tribe has lost.

Except of course the one where the whole team sandbagged it.

Yes, but they successfully had Russell removed from the game as a result, so their "strategy" worked. I didn't agree with them throwing the challenge, but they did it together. Obviously, it's foolish to single out Ralph and say he is just cruising through when he is one of the best members of his tribe.

Ometepe will win the next two ICs. Zapatera will vote out David (for being un-loyal in the last episode) and Sarita (because they aren't too fond of her and because they know she'd be the last Zapatera member voted out at the merge because of her perceived weakness).

Merge will occur at ten. Rob's tribe will have a 6-4 advantage and toss out Ralph, Mike, Steve and Julie in that order. They'll trick Ralph by pretending they aren't voting for him right at the merge and that Mike's the target.

Matt will come back in either the first merge episode or the one after, forcing him to join Rob's alliance since at best he could only help Zapatera end up one behind Ometepe (or down 6-4 if he joins in the second merge episode). Plus, Andrea will want to stick with her own tribe.

Once it gets down to the Final Seven, things will get exceptionally crazy. Only thing for certain is that there's no way Rob's tribe is going to let him get anywhere near the finals. I imagine Matt will also have a huge target because of his underdog story potentially being a $1 million ticket.

It's tough predicting things because they try to throw you off through the editing and they do a damn good job.

When we're watching if anyone is said to be going home for sure, wife and I say "he/she's safe" and if anyone is edited to be definitely safe, "he/she is going home".

I was happy to see Sarita go. Even funnier was when she didn't even take her stuff with her. I'm glad David survived.

As for Phil, I think he is beyond Coach annoying. He is Shambo annoying. :wink:

Rob is hilarious.. throwing the clue in the volcano :lol: :love:

Phil is slowly losing his mind. I think he definitely adds some entertainment to the show as a lot of the other are just plain boring.

Matt could possibly win this while thing.

Phil is slowly losing his mind. I think he definitely adds some entertainment to the show as a lot of the other are just plain boring.

That's why I'm confused that Jeff is hyping this up as one of his favorite seasons. Phillip is the only truly entertaining new castaway that will reach the merge. One All-Star type contestant making the merge does not a great season make....that would put this one on par with Fiji & Samoa.

Boston Rob & Russell have given the producers what they wanted though, and I shudder to think how boring this season would've been without them. The two basically sent their tribes in a certain direction from day one, unsurprisingly. Aside from crazy Phillip, they seem like the only other contestants that will have a real impact on this game in any strategic or entertaining sense.

God, I can't stand Ralph. Russell said he would walk around talking about how "he'll be the fan favorite"...his intelligible nonsense against David being a lawyer was one of the season's most cringe-worthy moments. Thankfully, his edit has been very subdued and under-the-radar thus far, hopefully preventing him from receiving a spot on a future season.

Does the RI concept remain the same once we start getting jury members? I.e. the person losing the duel just goes right to the jury, I assume?

Anybody notice Grant hit all 6 hoops for his tribe and caught all but one launched ball last week...methinks he could dominate individual immunity challenges.

I missed it too.. what did they say? I know there's a merge but I didnt hear about RI.

Winner of Matt vs Sarita goes back into game

Some folks may not want to know even though CBS broadcast it and will undoubtedly do so in commercal all week.

Yeah, that preview sucked. Let's just give away the whole episode...

The strategy of going with David over Sarita won't matter now - if anything, it's made it worse for them. Although they might band together in an effort to get rid of Rob.

Isn't that really going to be the focus though, to get rid of Boston Rob? I mean, they don't have Russell to play with so all target will point to Rob. Poor Rob.

(I do think he will survive though).

Rob's better socially (by a mile) than Russell, has a great read of the other players and has an immunity idol, so I think he'll hang for a while, but ultimately there'll be an attempt to get him out...though I wonder, I if I were say Grant and Natalie (or whoever), wouldn't I want Rob with me in the final 3, figuring it'd be pretty easy to argue against giving the million to someone who is playing for the 4th time, and already won the million by marrying into it.

Rob's better socially (by a mile) than Russell, has a great read of the other players and has an immunity idol, so I think he'll hang for a while, but ultimately there'll be an attempt to get him out...though I wonder, I if I were say Grant and Natalie (or whoever), wouldn't I want Rob with me in the final 3, figuring it'd be pretty easy to argue against giving the million to someone who is playing for the 4th time, and already won the million by marrying into it.

I think Rob will solidify his team, methodically pick off the other tribe one by one, then start eating his own.

He's gonna keep Grant and two of the girls with him. Then, he'll get tight with one of the girls and promise to go to the finals (probably the one who is least likeable/ does the least work). They'll team up to boot Grant, then boot the other girl.

Rob will beat the girl by virtue of being a brilliant player and a general dislike/ disrespect of the girl he takes to final 2.

I 100% guarantee it. But I could be wrong :wink:

Back
Top Bottom