SURVIVOR - Redemption Island

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I really don't think I'll like this season very much. I'm tired of looking at and hearing Russell. Phillip drives me insane. Plus, the recruit phenomenon makes me upset. All these people trying out for the show and most of the people who wind up on the show are recruited.

Wow, that was probably one of the wackiest Season Premiere Tribal Councils that I've ever seen. The producers of the show have outdone themselves by selecting Phillip. I loved how they had a question mark next to where it said Federal Agent when they showed his profession. He appears to be more crazy than Coach. Let's see if he can top Naonka. :lol: And yes, Hewson, I also noticed the misspelling of Fran's name when it was written down. This season looks like another wild and wacky one. :hyper::hyper::hyper:

Good opening episode.

I like:
Redepmtion Island: Of the various twists they've added over the years this is one of the most interesting. I'd like it even more if I didn't feel it was a vehicle to keep Rob or Russell in the game if they are voted out.

I don't like:
Rob and Russell being back. They kind of wash out all the other cast members. There were some interesting sounding contestants but we don't see any of them (unless, of course they are batshit insane like Philip) because of their "star wattage." Annoying.

I keep forgetting that Fran didnt actually get booted to go home. She still has a chance on Redemption Island. I thought she would go much further.

I met pretty much the same people as last time with the exception of Sylvia. Mad about Coach and Marty flaking!

Yau
IMG_0734.jpg

Chad
IMG_0732.jpg

Sylvia
IMG_0735.jpg

IMG_0741.jpg

Well, hanging out with a two-time player and the first to ever be voted out are nothing to sniff at, Sicy. :up:

That was way more entertaining than any episode from last season. I like how Boston Rob & Russell are interesting wild cards and how people aren't as star struck as the Guatemala crowd were over the Ulong rejects.

Good opening episode.

I like:
Redepmtion Island: Of the various twists they've added over the years this is one of the most interesting. I'd like it even more if I didn't feel it was a vehicle to keep Rob or Russell in the game if they are voted out.

I feel the same way about redemption island being a vehicle to keep Rob or Russell in the game...Producers probably realize they have huge targets on their backs and want to keep the drama

I imagine the producers hope for Rob and Russell to end up squaring off on Redemption Island...I could see them devoting thw whole episode to this if it were to come to pass and ignoring the other castaways (especially if Sedret Agent Man is gone at that point) for a week.

Finally watched tonight.

Probably the best opening TC ever.

I liked Francesca, so I hope she comes back somehow.

I also thought Christina was doing well, finding the idol, working with Francesca on strategies. While I understand her willing to ditch Rob right away, Francesca seemed like she'd keep her focused on the overall picture until the right time came. They were doing well, until Christina showed Phillip the idol. One of the dumbest moves ever, and it completely derailed everything she had worked on up to that point.

Christina still has the idol and still has life, but she's going to have to pull out a miracle to change things.

They'll keep Phillip a bit longer in the hopes that he can help with the team challenges, knowing full well he has no shot at winning this thing.

Other than that, Rob has got the rest of that tribe under his control, even more so now after what happened at TC.

Russell's position seems a bit more precarious, as it should. He'll find a way to stick around a bit, but I think he's gone before the merge. That tribe, apart from Stephanie, won't let him gain too much traction, I don't think.

An excellent opener. Can't wait to see how the Redemption Island twist works out.

Very fun first episode. I'm liking the season already-next week will be interesting to see how the Redemption Island twist works. All I have to say right now is Phillip! STFU!!!

Gotta love Philip's caption when talking to the camera one on one: "Philip: Former federal agent?"

Good blindside...Matt never saw that coming.

And Ralph looks like he may have Russell's number...and he has a nice sweater.

I'm not so sure that getting rid of Matt at this point was a good move. He and Andrea weren't switching or anything - that whole group is totally on board with Rob. Now he's pissed Andrea off, and that could change things up down the road. Waiting until the next TC would have been fine.

But he did flush out the idol, and Phillip actually listened to him, so in that sense, it worked.

I really want the other tribe to lose so we can see how their first TC goes.

Good blindside...Matt never saw that coming.

I couldn't stand Rob in his first two Survivors, and then in Heroes vs. Villains, he was an OK guy compared to Russell, with whom he was at war.

I thought that maybe marriage had mellowed him. But that blindside reminds me of what a snake he really is.

Of the two, I don't understand the reasoning of getting rid of Matt over Andrea. She seems much more likely to be pissed off and try to break up the alliance than Matt would, who I think would have pretty much just gotten scared and not tried anything too bold for a while.

Of the two, I don't understand the reasoning of getting rid of Matt over Andrea. She seems much more likely to be pissed off and try to break up the alliance than Matt would, who I think would have pretty much just gotten scared and not tried anything too bold for a while.
I think Rob is paranoid, thinking that Matt was "playing for the merge" by shaking hands when they lost the challenge. But I think Matt was just being Matt; it seems like he's that kind of guy. But of course I have the benefit Rob didn't have, of seeing Matt's bio and confessionals.

I think Rob made the right move by getting rid of Matt. By shaking hands with the other tribe, Matt showed that perhaps he doesn't have the killer instinct to play the game. Plus, it was wise to break up him and Andrea before they got more powerful as a unit. It's too early to vote off Phil. He's too valuable a pawn to vote off now.

I think Ralph is awesome so far. He's on to Russell's bullshit just like some of the others and it's very entertaining to watch.

I think Ralph is awesome so far. He's on to Russell's bullshit just like some of the others and it's very entertaining to watch.

The thing I like about Ralph the human man sweater is that he was smart enough (Christina take note) when he found the idol to not tell anyone else, then when he saw Russell grab the clue, he could have said nothing knowing Russell wasn't gonna find the idol, but instead took the opportunity to alert others that Russ had the clue, putting an even larger target on Russ' back with the majority of the tribe.

I like Boston Rob. He's confident and he knows what he's doing. Maybe getting rid of Matt wasn't the right choice at this time but the way he orchestrated it and executed it just made me like him more.

So glad Ralph and his sweater found the idol before Russell! I would love to see Russell get blindsided.

And Philip is just so wacky its hilarious.

The thing I like about Ralph the human man sweater is that he was smart enough (Christina take note) when he found the idol to not tell anyone else, then when he saw Russell grab the clue, he could have said nothing knowing Russell wasn't gonna find the idol, but instead took the opportunity to alert others that Russ had the clue, putting an even larger target on Russ' back with the majority of the tribe.

Exactly! :up:

With Kristina having already used the Idol, does it go back in play? I forgot. :doh:

Yeah, Phillip could be ratings gold. His little speeches are ridiculous though.

We can all see this coming.

Russell is pissed at Ralph and wants to take him out to prove he is in control of the game.

Ralph will not back down. Russell will think he is blindsiding Ralph.

Ralph will play the idol and BLINDSIDE Russell,
All of America will wet their pants with excitement, as Russell gets taken down by chia-Ralph.

Russell will go on to Redemption Island to live another day.

Rob seems like he is a kinder gentler smake in the grass:wink: He certainly is good at the social game. Love Ralph .... love that they confronted Russell already about lying....can't wait to see what transpires on redemption island:hyper::hyper:

Rob seems like he is a kinder gentler smake in the grass:wink: He certainly is good at the social game. Love Ralph .... love that they confronted Russell already about lying....can't wait to see what transpires on redemption island:hyper::hyper:

Actually Rob is playing a scorched-earth type of game similar to Russells, except he's smart enough not alienate people unnecessarily while doing it. Russell's strategy in previous games hasn't been bad actually. If he could have done it with some charm and grace rather than being mean and boastful, I think he probably would have won.

I think Rob isn't playing in the interests of what's best for the team. . .he's playing in the interests of what's best for him personally, which is always how Russell has played. Once he realized that he had Phillips undying loyalty (until the merge anyway) he figured he would more useful than a pair that could be problematic down the road. His only mistake was in not recognizing how worshipful of him Matt was. Matt would have been unquestionably loyal, probably even if Andrea had been voted off.

I think Russell will get his comeuppance tonight, but he'll defeat Francesca on Redemption Island next week. That would imply that Matt loses tonight on RI which I'm crossing my fingers for since he's boring as fuck.

Back
Top Bottom