Survivor: Kaoh Rong

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The best strategy for any of the ladies would be to have Tai with one of them at the end. Tai has probably been the most compelling character this season. He went from being an underdog to a cutthroat player. I don't see anyone on the jury voting for him to win.

Joe's situation should be a cautionary tale for others in the future: Be careful what you eat or how much you eat.

It is interesting to me that you think no one would vote for Tai on the jury? I feel like he would get votes. I think if Aubrey is there at the end, she will win, but if it is ?? and Tai, I think Tai may get some votes.

It is interesting to me that you think no one would vote for Tai on the jury? I feel like he would get votes. I think if Aubrey is there at the end, she will win, but if it is ?? and Tai, I think Tai may get some votes.

Tai won't get votes because there's no one on the jury who likes him. Mark the chicken is the only one who would vote for Tai.

Haha! I am almost more interested to see what happens to Mark the Chicken than I am to see who the winner is ! LOL!

Since its a final 2, Cydney & Michelle need to team up and take out Yau Jr. and Aubrey.
Would be interesting to see who wins out of those 2. Might actually be a close vote.

Yay final 2. I hate final 3. I think Tai would get votes too. He played pretty hard.

Everybody hates the Final Three, but its one saving grace is that we've had more instances of the best player in a given season actually winning the game. You figure that person would just go home in fourth place, but the Final Three makes players a little lazier and more complicit since they can basically sit on a three person alliance at Final Six all the way to the end. It also makes it easier for a season's best player to point at somebody else that makes it into the Final Four and say, "see, bigger threat" when in the past that would only get them into the final immunity challenge rather than the endgame.

But we basically don't have all of those classic Final Two instances anymore where the best player of the season gets gutted at the very last minute because they couldn't stand on a balance beam or whatever. We would have had that same sort of thing happen in Tocantins if Stephen had won the last challenge or in Cagayan if Woo wasn't a mental midget.

Big Brother had its best player knocked out in the Final Three last summer and Big Brother Canada has had that happen in three out of four seasons in fact. Personally, I love it and think it's one of the most dramatic parts of these shows and it's a shame that we've basically lost that on Survivor.

Last edited:
I just found out that one of my friends is Neil's cousin. She said he's a quirky dude for sure and that he posted pics of his Idol. She also said that he could have died from his infection.

Another Finale is upon us. For the first time in a while, I actually believe everyone left is a solid player. Even ,Tai, who has flip flopped a lot in the last few episodes has worked hard to get to the Final 4. The contestants could possibly be unrecognizable considering its been over a year since they appeared on the show. :wink:

Another season in the books.

So much for those predictions of a Final 2. :wink:

Michelle won, but Jeff probably spoke more to Aubrey and Tai. By next week, I'll probably forget that Michelle won. Did Tai get any votes?

Next season looks fun. Millennials vs. Gen X.

In the end, Michelle's hot, so she won? I dunno if this is really a winner I can accept...there's been shittier ones, but I'm not sure if there's been someone that seems less deserving in their respective Final Three or Final Two to have won.

Well that was shocking and disappointing. Aubrey clearly deserved to win when all was said and done. She gritted it out, strategized, won a fire challenge and gave a great pitch at the end. (I really disliked her in the beginning).

Tai played badly at the end and his sales pitch was ineffective. Michelle isn't dislikable, but didn't deserve a win. She skated through most of the season. She won a few votes with her looks, then sealed the deal for two more votes with the waterworks.

I'm really looking forward to next season. I have a feeling there will be some entertaining beefs between the Millennials and Gen X'ers.

Yeah, I would say that Aubry was better than Michele. Shit, Jeff barely talked to her afterward. Nick, Scot, Jason, Julia, and Cydney voted for Michele. Debbie and Joe voted for Aubry. Tai got no votes. Unbelievably, Mark the Chicken made it all the way through.

Michelle's annoying voice would have been enough for me to not vote for her! LOL...I also feel Aubrey should have been the winner. I wish they would show how everyone voted. I think they do, but it is at a point in the show when you are probably not watching so intently anymore . The whole Sia thing was odd. Even Jeff didn't know what to do! and who though someone was going to bring Marck the chicken out and hand him over to Tai at the end? LOL! I did! I thought maybe production brought him back somehow...although I know the odds of that were nearly impossible! :D

Well shit. What a crap winner. And poor Cydney didnt even get 2 seconds of air time at the finale. Wow. Yes I think i will completely forget that Michelle won. :rolleyes: Any of the other 4 would have been better.

Glad Mark the chicken made it all season :lol: However, R.I.P.

What happened to Mark the chicken after the game?
I could not bring Mark home. My neighbor would’ve killed me or called the cops on me. I asked Jeff to find a good home for him, so Mark stayed with production, and he was the production’s mascot. Everyone let him walk around on location, and I think one day he was just tired of that thing and he lived out his years, so I think he went back to chicken heaven now. He’s no longer with us. But he lived a great life, and he was part of the tribe; he left his legacy behind.

Next season looks interesting. Bring it on!

Michelle's annoying voice would have been enough for me to not vote for her! LOL...I also feel Aubrey should have been the winner. I wish they would show how everyone voted. I think they do, but it is at a point in the show when you are probably not watching so intently anymore . The whole Sia thing was odd. Even Jeff didn't know what to do! and who though someone was going to bring Marck the chicken out and hand him over to Tai at the end? LOL! I did! I thought maybe production brought him back somehow...although I know the odds of that were nearly impossible! :D

I found out the vote through Wikipedia. I agree that Aubry played a better game and was more articulate than Michele. I think even the show's creators wanted either Aubry or Tai to win because they spent only a few minutes talking to her before moving on to the others. Shit, Tai got the most TV time with his rambling explanations and the whole Sia thing. That was very nice of her donate 50K to charity. I'll give Michele her props though. Somehow she made it through when it looked like many times she'd be voted out.

I don't know why they're so scared of the Final Two...instead they went with that damn jury twist. I guess they figured Woo taking Tony was a bit of luck a few years ago and things could have turned out poorly if Woo had a brain...

It was clear throughout the finale that they had these extra reward challenges merely because of all the medical evacuations that happened. The first reward challenge of the episode was clearly meant to be an immunity challenge, probably for the round Joe left in.

The banter of the former players on Twitter is pretty entertaining. I just checked out Aubrey's account and it led me down many levels of the rabbit hole to Russell Hantz. Almost all the former players are talking about it and most agree that the wrong person won.

Also interesting is that it appears that years later, quite a few of the players that voted Russell out now wish they didn't.

I really wish they would do a revote at the reunion shows for fun, to see how the vote would go after they've seen the gameplay from our vantage point.

While I was watching the finale, I was thinking that Cockring and Aubry would make a scorching couple and then, lo and behold, they were mentioned on the reunion show.

Russell Hantz deserved to lose. He was as subtle as a chairshot to the head. His social game was shit. If you're gonna win on Survivor, you have to have people like you to vote for you. Michele might not have been the greatest winner ever, but she got enough people to like her. When she stuck with Cydney at the Final 4 tribal council, that won Cydney's vote on the jury. Plus, Michele was able to get rid of Neil's vote for Aubry. Those two moves were major elements in Michele's victory.

The fact that jurors would consider voting a different way at all shows that they were bitter at the time. Russell Hantz, Coach and, supposedly, Stephenie have all been told they would have won now if their juries had a re-vote. I think too often the bitter jurors tend to harbor hopes that the "nice" winner will then be chums with them over the years, etc. So then when that doesn't happen and people fall out of touch or the winner doesn't live up to the image of an angel that you've projected onto them, they suddenly regret their vote.

You could then argue that them changing their minds embodies a bitter attitude now more than anything else...the way I see it, they made their decision at the time on who deserved to win and that's final. I think we've just been fortunate enough to have the winner usually make sense, when in truth, it could have effectively been random every single season similar to Michelle winning a couple nights ago.

Interesting perspective there. Never looked at it that way. I think admitting to changing your vote is lame. Keep that shit a secret. It hardly matters after the fact.

I think Michelle peaked at the right time. She made only a few strong moves, but all were over the last 5 days, that got the jury's attention. And voting Neil and his stupid fucking ice cream cone pants out was unquestionably the right move.

I wasn't all that surprised Tai got no votes. His game spiraled from the moment he voted out Scot. He considered that his big move, but from that point forward he was the biggest liar/backstabber in the game. And didn't do it in a way that people would respect. When they did the introduction of his clips at the reunion and Jeff said "We've never had a player like him", I was like, "you had Yau Man, this dude is a Yau Man clone, nothing original about him at all."

Aubrey played well, but she had her share of flaws, social game biggest amongst them. It shows how important it is not to piss off jurors.

I'd hate to be the guy who took Cydney to her prom and came to the door and was greeted by her father...holy crap the guy was huge.

The Sia thing was bizarre. And a waste of valuable reunion show time.

Who were all those people sitting in the back row on either side of Caleb? Lots of forgettable players this year, really only ones outside the jury I can recall being there are Caleb and Obama.

The fact that jurors would consider voting a different way at all shows that they were bitter at the time. Russell Hantz, Coach and, supposedly, Stephenie have all been told they would have won now if their juries had a re-vote. I think too often the bitter jurors tend to harbor hopes that the "nice" winner will then be chums with them over the years, etc. So then when that doesn't happen and people fall out of touch or the winner doesn't live up to the image of an angel that you've projected onto them, they suddenly regret their vote.

You could then argue that them changing their minds embodies a bitter attitude now more than anything else...the way I see it, they made their decision at the time on who deserved to win and that's final. I think we've just been fortunate enough to have the winner usually make sense, when in truth, it could have effectively been random every single season similar to Michelle winning a couple nights ago.

You have to consider the voting happening in the heat of the game as a very important factor. There will always be bitter jurors. When you were voted out 3 days before you have to decide who wins, and you still have been sequestered on an island somewhere, its very likely emotion will play a strong role, often stronger than logic. Its a part of the game and being able to make it to the end and not piss of the bulk of the jury requires some skill. Give Michelle some credit there. While she may not have been a strong player for all 39 days, she made no enemies and got to the end. Tai made many enemies. If he stayed the course with Jason & Scot and somehow those were the final 3, he'd have won 7-0-0.

Tai was no Yau Man clone. They only thing they really have in common is that they're Asian. I liked Tai, but Yau Man didn't screw anyone over like Tai did and played the game with more integrity.

Back
Top Bottom