Survivor Gabon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
She won a gold medal in 2004. (4x400 relay)

Not in 1944, where you could understand over time she aged and lost her speed and stamina, but 4 yrs ago she was a gold medalist in the Olympics.
Maybe the other 3 runners built uo a 43 minute lead for her and she coasted to the gold.

There's enough characters and interesting tribe dynamics to make this at least a "good" season. Did you people watch Africa, Thailand or Fiji? Talk about awful casts.

Any other guys here really in need of some Sugar. :drool:

Did you people watch Africa, Thailand or Fiji?

This people has seen every episode of Survivor since the show first aired in 2000. So, basically, every Thursday night, for the past eight years at 8pm PST, I have sat on my couch for one hour, watching Survivor. It's a little strange to think of it that way, but there it is. I never miss Survivor.

Survivor Africa happens to be the season which produced my all-time favorite sole survivor, Ethan Zohn. And while I enjoyed that season very much, it was not my favorite season. That spot goes to Survivor All-Stars in 2004.

possiblecontestantcrystjn5.jpg
:|

^Holy cow!!!!! Maybe she was on the 'roids :reject:

I thought it was really bad form for Randy to gloat when they won the challenge. I would have slapped that arrogant look right off his face.

Ace is starting to annoy me too. He's just too slick. Although it was funny when he pretty much told Kelly she was stupid. :lol::lol:

Stay tuned for next week when I decide that I like Randy and Ace again.

hahaha....her Bio says she is 6'3"!!:huh:

She looks like a big girl. I am kind of surprised that none of her cast mates have made any comments about her looking like an athlete, or about her muscular body, etc.

I was disappointed in her on the challenge the other night....sure it was carrying an object (snake) that looked heavy, but she's a runner by nature! I thought for sure she'd have that one in the bag for her tribe. Oh well. :shrug:

She was a sprinter. She's used to running on flat ground for short periods of time. The girl has no endurance which is why she's awful in so many challenges. Unless there's a part of a challenge with a 1000 M sprint, she really isn't that much of an asset.

Corinne is absolutely unbelievable. We're going to be in for some fireworks when she becomes a full fledged character which is inevitable once the merge hits and her, Charlie & Marcus start taking names.

Reality Blurred: Corinne Kaplan Interview

Try not to gag when you read that. There has never been a person like this on the series.

This people has seen every episode of Survivor since the show first aired in 2000. So, basically, every Thursday night, for the past eight years at 8pm PST, I have sat on my couch for one hour, watching Survivor. It's a little strange to think of it that way, but there it is. I never miss Survivor.

Survivor Africa happens to be the season which produced my all-time favorite sole survivor, Ethan Zohn. And while I enjoyed that season very much, it was not my favorite season. That spot goes to Survivor All-Stars in 2004.

Me too, I haven't missed a single episode....it is my favourite show after all. If there was just Survivor on tv, I'd could live with that. I'd say All-Stars was my favourite too.

The plan is that Survivor 20 will be the second AS and it will have all the past winners competing. The only problem is the timing for when Hatch gets out of jail and if he would even want to do the show.

All Stars provoked two opposite reactions it seems. It's either loved and thought of as one of the best or is absolutely despised. I'm in the latter category. Not only was it unfair and led to all of the A-listers being knocked out early, but it was incredibly dull since we already knew what these characters would be bringing to the table. Easily the worst season in my eyes and I was only amused by moments in the first three or four episodes before it became apparent how it would play out.

Also, I unknowingly discovered the F2 by accident. By like Episode 5 I had noticed that the opening credits showed a person's card and then live action footage of themselves moving. However, three of these orders were reversed and it was that way for Tina & Romber. Obviously, the odds were infinitesimal that this happened by chance. Strangely, I never reported it to another website as it was a pretty obvious clue planted by the producers although some other fans confirmed to me afterward that I was correct.

They didn't show it there because you had Australian Survivor - Whaler's Way, right? That's a kick ass season with a great cast & some wonderful twists and turns. I'd rank it in my Top Five and it's the only foreign season that any die-hard really needs to see. Better than Marquesas, in my opinion, but Marquesas was another perfect season in its own right with the first "comeback" winner.

I also liked All Stars.
And though most despise Romber, especially the Rob half, I enjoyed watching him in this edition (much more than Marquesas where he played poorly), he stepped up his game, and dominated challenges (I especially remember him physically dominating Colby in one of the battle challenges which opened some eyes) while orchestrating his place in the final 2.
The only part of All Stars that I disliked was the free pity million for Rupert.

This season is one of the more boring ones. Hope something exciting happens quick. :yawn:

(I especially remember him physically dominating Colby in one of the battle challenges which opened some eyes)

Unbeknown to nearly every viewer at the time, including myself, Colby had just come off a motorcycle accident and the resulting surgery/therapy. That's why he looked kind of smaller in All Stars. He actually really wanted to back out and didn't feel like playing again but Mark Burnett did some convincing and supposedly gave him an extra bonus.

I think Rob played a good game the second time but not a great one. He made a deal with Lex and should've let him stick around another round or two. That would've made the difference and secured Rob the million dollars. Instead, he wanted to act like a downright bastard and play up his own arrogance. I also have no idea why he decided to actually do things around camp the second time. If he was such a great carpenter, food provider, etc. then why didn't he do any of that in Marquesas? All he did in that season was lay around and be annoying as hell, calling himself "The Godfather" as the numbers dwindled to zero. Argh.

Still though, Rob lucked out 100%. The other Rob was an automatic target after being declared by many to be the best player to never win, if not ever. The rest of Chapera had a bunch of cannon fodder like Alicia, Tom & Amber that really never would take initiative and switch up the game. Same for Rupert once he joined NuChapera. Not that Rob would've been targeted anyway. He was a physical asset and had a poor track record strategically, making the merge an assured thing.

Lex actually walked into a better position though but he decided to toss away the game by voting out the Richard-Colby-Ethan trifecta that continually weakened his own tribe, causing them to lose immunity after immunity.

Whatever though, I'm sick of discussing it and how disappointing it all was...so glad they didn't include winners on Fans vs. Favorites and that the returnees in Micronesia all had a decent chance at playing this game. Any of Yau-Man, Eliza, Ozzy, hell even Johnny Fairplay really could've made it far in Survivor: Micronesia because they were playing against other former players & fans that didn't have the jealousy factor that the All Star contestants had.

For the record, I really can't stand Randy. He's just an asshole. It's fine if people find that entertaining. I don't.

Back
Top Bottom