Survivor: Cambodia- Second Chance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They should have split the vote, 5 for Wentworth and 4 for Ciera. Jeremy was so adamant last week that they needed to split the votes, why does nobody even bring it up this week?

I thought the same thing! and then...I too, was surprised to see Savage's name and not Fishback by the 2 girls! It sure makes me wonder....

I had a sense it was Savage, cause they showed the 3 of them talking deciding between Fishhead and Savage and Wentwoth saying "we should all write the same name down", and Abi was involved, and Abi hates Savage.

I must have missed that! I saw the votes at the end...and truly did not see who Abi wrote down...I saw Kelly and Ciera voted Savage

I guess the fear was that splitting the vote could lead to a few other people flipping to the girls and taking control...or they were just too lazy to deal with all that. :doh:

I hated how the three girls and Kass reacted to the entire thing...at least Kass was actually out of the game. Those other three girls just took to gloating which is only going to harm them socially and help lose jury votes. There's a difference between being excited and fist pumping and absolutely rubbing it in like they did with Savage. I'd say two of those three girls are living on borrowed time with Abi inevitably going to be dragged further in the game as an extra vote.

Nobody benefits more from this idol play than Stephen Fishbach. Now he's an even firmer part of the core alliance and he just got rid of the one person in it that was wiling to bat for Joe.

Yeah, it did work out for Fish. Savage was a Joe fanboy. I don't see Wentworth, Ciera or Abi-normal winning the game. I do like Wentworth, though. Now she needs to get another idol.

It will be interesting to see what they do with the idols in future seasons...Season 32 was filmed before this one, so they may have hid some idols in challenges on that one as well. But can they really do that again? Once everybody knows they could be at challenges, it will be harder to get away with grabbing them. Plus, the clues are practically useless if anybody can just reach under a plank and find one.

But most importantly, you can't continually hide idols at challenges on a season where, so far, only two people actually know about said idols at challenges. Theoretically, if they are still planning to do that, Wentworth and Jeremy could just keep finding them every single round. Hugely unfair advantage to have for an entire game.

That's a good question about the Idols hidden somewhere in the challenges. The contestants are watching the show now, so future contestants might be on the look out for them. But, the contestants might be too busy focusing on the challenge to bother/remember to look for them. Other tribe mates might view that as selfish if they did and would want them to focus solely on winning the challenge. We haven't seen any Idols during individual immunity challenges yet. But, that was because Wentworth and Jeremy had them. Next week, their openly back in play during a challenge.

Russell Hantz was noteworthy for his uncanny ability to find Idols without any clues. Gotta gim his props for the that.

I just looked it up. Wow!! Spoilers lol. A big brother contestant is going to be on it. :hyper:

They flipped them around so fans wouldn't be confused that the second chance season wasn't airing until the spring. It makes more sense anyway as the "Season 32" contestants were never considered for Second Chances even though their season was filmed well before that poll ever happened. Better to have that batch of newbies lead off the next era...

Russell Hantz did not have help from producers. He revealed that his trick was that the cameramen weren't going to waste hours of the day filming you dig in the wrong spot, so whenever they would get bored and leave, he'd go look somewhere else. When the cameramen wouldn't leave the area, he knew the idol had to be nearby. It was genius, really.

Joe's Immunity was pretty fuckin' amazing! I was definitely concerned that Abi-normal might win. She came pretty close. Thank goodness for butt cramps. :wink: Joe is obviously gonna have to keep winning challenges.

The Witches pulled off a pretty good coup by getting Fish and Jeremy to vote out Wiggles. It was awesome that Jeremy was able to find another Idol.

It'll be interesting to see how Tasha, Joe, Kimmi and Keith take the flipping that the boys did in this last tribal council.

From the looks of it, Joe will probably win immunity by default next week as I imagine everyone will choose food over participating in the challenge after suffering through the rain for days on end. I'm starting to get the feeling that Joe is going to win every single immunity challenge which could very well make everyone's intense strategizing irrelevant. I know, it sounds absurd that he could win the next seven in a row or whatever, but I'm starting to get the feeling that he does.

The problem for Joe? He's going to have to sit next to at least one person that has played an extremely strategic game on the most competitive season in the show's history...Joe's challenge finesse could merely be brushed away by jurors before he even gets a chance to speak. Survivor certainly isn't all about challenges, but damn, it would be hard not to give someone a million dollars if they won ten straight immunities.

Wigglesworth saying that the modern game isn't for her in that farewell clip...um, your refusal to stay in the alliance in your first season showed that this game was never, ever for you. :doh:

Yeah its a catch 22 for Joe, likely his only way to the final TC is by winning every single individual immunity challenge, a feat that would be incredibly impressive, but as you said, could hurt him in other aspects of the game.

Jeremy being aligned with Fishhead may be in a good spot. If he keeps that partnership strong, plus his 2 idols has a good chance of getting to final 4, then if Joe has slipped up would be the strongest left physically for the final immunity challnge.

Fishbone's advantage is a pretty significant one. He can easily facilitate Joe's ouster (assuming that's who he still is targeting) any time Joe happens to lose an immunity challenge. If he holds that advantage to the final 4 somehow, he basically can dictate who gets into the final 3 on his own.

I think Tasha, Keith, and Kimmi are gonna have to realize that the game is no longer about alliances, but voting blocks instead. Joe already knows this and also realizes the only way he can continue is by winning challenges. He's great with the endurance stuff, but if something different comes along, he might lose.

Jeremy is utilizing Fish very well. Fish did the dirty work of going over to the Witches and gauging their interest in voting together and it worked. Wiggles is gone and she was someone that got along with everyone. I also think Jeremy could easily explain his choice of voting Wiggles to Tasha and Kimmi because he's pretty tight with them. Spencer is a free agent here. Right now he isn't as much of a target as Joe and Jeremy. And then there's Keith. Keith again would be the perfect player to bring to the end because he hasn't done much and wouldn't be regarded as a highly skilled player, but it does take skill to stay off people's radar so I'll give him props for that.

Wow 2 idols for Jeremy! He is definitely sittin pretty right now.
I really like Joe.. I want him to go far. He totally deserves it. He is a true survivor player.

Not sad to see Wiggles go. Not a fan of the witches.. they need to go too.

The Wigglesworth boot is rather easy to smooth over. "She was too close to Joe and that posed a risk for the rest of us" which is a rather valid point since they're all going to jump on Joe the second he doesn't have immunity around his neck which in turn is going to cause Joe to scramble for any numbers he can find. Thus, the witches + Wigglesworth + Joe could have turned the game on its head the second he didn't have the necklace.

We've seen this shift in the way the game is played before with people flipping from one side to the next (Cesternino pioneered that strategy, obviously), but the main reason we're now seeing it take over the game is because the modern player tends not to take the game as personally as players in the past. If this were season three or whatever, that flip the boys made last night would likely cost them the game as everyone else in their alliance would feel betrayed and immediately seek revenge. Now? People are over it. Jeremy doesn't mind Stephen doing his own scheming on the side, players like Tasha will get that the constant flipping is how the game is now played, etc.

They are all great players! (with the exception of Abi-Normal!) It has been fun to watch....it is moving super fast and it seems to be different a small amount in the editing so we are somewhat surprised who gets voted out at tribal...which is much more enjoyable!

Just listened to Wiggles' interview that she did with EW. She hasn't even watched the show. They usually do the interview on Skype, but she's so low tech that she had to use one of those telephone thingies. She said that Abi-normal gave her attitude for her work ethic. You know, stuff like feeding the other members of the tribe. She also said she wasn't comfortable with Jeff bringing up her previous time on Survivor feeling like it put more of a target on her back.

Yeah, I was never too stoked about Wigglesworth coming back as a player given that she admitted to never having watched the show. She didn't even watch Borneo when it was airing, so I think the only Survivor she has actually seen is some footage that was part of a reward challenge she won some fifteen years ago...in a way, it's kind of pointless to have someone back that could really care less about the actual game, but her work ethic and iconic status on the show may have been enough on her own to actually win the season had she made it to the end.

That was wild.

Preview for next week looks like
a very large white male hand wearing the heart monitor thing, not too hard to figure out who needs medical attention.
(Don't read if you didn't see previews)

Great episode last night! Fishboy was practically the star of the show. Too bad he fucked up in the end with his voting advantage. Those shitheads all should have voted for Joe. Abi-normal is reverting to her insane ways, but they shouldn't have wasted votes on her.

Back
Top Bottom