Survivor: Cagayan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, tons of stupidity. LJ using his Idol was a little baffling, but I suppose he wanted to solidify his bromance with Tony. Tony's moves were bold and they worked for him. Trish is becoming increasingly difficult to look at more and more each week.

Well, that was a mind-blowing hour of television. At least Sarah went out in an entertaining firestorm. The game would have predictably led to a Tony/Sarah/Trish Final 3 had Sarah flipped back (barring someone else winning that last immunity), so it's great that Kass is the one who flipped. I'd say all bets are now off as to how this thing will end...Final Seven will be a key vote as the divide will likely be Tony/Trish/Woo vs. LJ/Jefra/Kass + the remaining player from the other side. So there's likely a lot of interesting merge play to come...

Will be interesting to see how things work out for Kass going forward, cause had she not flipped, she could have easily controlled the game with Spencer and Tasha since both idols got flushed. Her flip at the moment looks a bit short sighted. For someone supposedly so smart she let emotions rule this decision and she currently appears as #6 on the totem pole whereas had she not flipped she looked like a lock for top 3, and could have easily swayed a Sarah elimination at the next TC.

Made for good television though, so credit to the writers and actors for their execution.

Sorry, but I couldn't see Sarah, Trish and Tony being the final 3. They're all hated. Thankfully, Sarah is gone because she was a fuckin' dumbass.

Sarah is gone because she was a fuckin' dumbass.

Pretty much.

"I control this game"...as soon as she said that early in the show I said to the wife she's probably gone. All she had to do was tell Tony she was with them and not be so antagonistic with Kass about who they'd vote out. Trish (the non dish) would never have had to approach Kass and the plan could have been executed. Being indecisive and wishy washy is an easy way to a quick exit.

The swing vote is usually the one that goes home it seems. I had a feeling she was going. Hilarious tribal.. two dummies wasting their idols :lol:

And yes Trish is disgusting and painful to look at.

Sorry, but I couldn't see Sarah, Trish and Tony being the final 3. They're all hated.

They'd have strung along Woo for the extra vote and therefore had the numbers.

Doesn't really matter about likability...in Caramoan, a year ago, Cochran/Dawn/Sherri all stuck together because they couldn't beat anybody else. Last season, the same thing happened when Gervase/Monica/Tyson stuck together because they couldn't beat anybody else. So, if anything, when it becomes apparent in the game that certain people aren't likely to win, it only makes it more likely that they're the finalists.

I agree with Kass's move being a horrid one. I don't think she was a Final Three lock as some people assume as everybody would have been pointing out the Brains as an obvious threesome and they would have been targeted in a few rounds to everyone else's benefit. Regardless, she went from a position where she had control to one where she doesn't strictly because she appeared to not have control for a single vote. Pathetic.

Tyson and Cochran were frontrunners throughout their respective seasons. Plus, they were likable. That certainly helped them win. The other contestants that have been mentioned were simply pawns in their game. Tony has the largest target on his back. Unless he finds that Idol again, his days are numbered. The only sleeper here is possibly LJ.

Spencer played a good game this week, but he's a jerkoff. He made Tony seem like a nice guy this week. :wink: I loved when Woo followed Spencer and took his clue. Too bad it didn't help. Morgan finally got the heave ho. All the horndogs will be able to see her all glammed up again at tribal next week. Better bust out the lube. LJ is still my sleeper. He was the man during the immunity challenge. He seems to be keeping shit on an even keel. I love how Kass pisses off Spencer, but she should have kept a closer eye on him when they were searching for the Idol. :doh:

I like Spencer. He flew off the handle a bit at (Jac)Kass after tribal, but otherwise he's played pretty well (though leaving the clue out was epically stupid). I could tell when he was talking to (Jac)Kass and not moving his hand from that one spot he had the idol.

Apparently that's a regular idol, so this super mega primo idol Probst mentioned last week must still be out there somewhere.

(Jac)Kass being so proud of being a free agent is stupid. She'll never win the game that way.

Looks like Tony vs. Wooooooooooooooo next week from the preview...get your popcorn ready.

Special idol is supposedly just the same as the one from Season 12/Season 13 where you could play it after the votes. Modern players are at least adaptable at flushing out those sort of idols though, so it shouldn't be as annoying as when Yul coasted into the finals (and the win) thanks entirely to the idol (it both protected him and got Penner to flip).

So many insanely great characters this season...Sarah, Tony, Kass, Spencer...too bad they sent home the two best ones last night. :(

too bad they sent home the two best ones last night. :(

morgan-mcleod-survivor-cheerleader-2-533x700.jpg

survivor-cagayan-cast-morgan-mcleod.jpg

She was an idiot and lazy though, a sure fire combination for an early exit.

I dont remember the special idol from a previous season. Well Woo was cracking me up with his ninja skillz. I like him. Spencer is in a great spot now with the idol in his pocket. Kass is an idiot and will go soon.

In the season Yul won, the idol was a fairly new concept and he could play it after the votes were read (thankfully producers smartened up and realized how dumb that was) so he basically let everyone know he had it and if they voted for him he could play it and determine who was going home, so he was able to ride that all the way to the end.

Wasn't called a special idol back then.

JacKass! LOL!

Go Woo!!

and LJ...quietly staying the course...
Previews make it look like Tony is gonna loose it next week. :huh:

Looked like Tony was having a Russell moment in that preview where you get too involved in the game and lose perception which then leads to targeting random people at the wrong time. Getting Woo out now is a terrible idea given that there's idols out there...they should just make sure they wipe out Tasha/Spencer/Jeremiah before turning on each other. It's not like Woo is some sort of immunity god.

People Remaining That Can't Win: Jefra/Trish

People Remaining That Probably Can't Win: Jeremiah/Kass/Tasha

People Remaining That Have A Shot: LJ/Spencer/Tony/Woo

Spencer's win would require a lot of good timing with immunities and hidden idols. The other three guys are the frontrunners to win based on how things currently are...Trish seems the most likely finalist of all given how she rubs people the wrong way.

Tony struck way too early...now he has three people in his alliance that don't trust him and the opposing alliance possesses an idol and nearly has the numbers.

Best argument he can make is that even if he's in the Finals, there's still spots for two more people whereas working with Spencer/Tasha/Jeremiah is only going to get somebody fourth place. It's logically in the best interest of everyone in Tony's alliance to begrudgingly work with the guy.

I wouldn't be shocked if they drew rocks this season despite the fact that it happens so rarely. If Kass, for example, wins immunity and doesn't trust Tony at all, she might as well vote with Spencer/Jeremiah/Tasha as the odds would be in their favor and it would likely guarantee Kass at least a fourth place finish (not to mention the odds would be even more in their favor if Spencer played his idol).

Tony struck way too early....

Definitely, and by not letting Jefra and (Jac)Kass have any clue what he was plotting he basically alienated them. His only chance to win the game would be sitting final 3 with Trish the Nondish and probably (Jac)Kass, and even then he might lose to (Jac)Kass. I think he just cost himself any realistic shot at winning.
If he sticks with the 6 for 1 more vote, he then can probably convince Trish the Nondish that its the right time to target LJ, she could get (Jac)Kass on board and he's not seen by most of his alliance as subverting the alliance. He's cooked.

Interesting that nobody is thinking about looking for idols all of a sudden. Spencer has one, but knows the supermagicultramega idol is still hidden. Nobody else knows (for certain) that Spencer has the other idol, so everybody should still think there's an idol hidden, someone should be looking.

Funniest line of the night was Trish the Nondish saying "I may be gullible but I'm not stupid" a few minutes after losing the color tile challenge on the second tile.

Tony has pretty much screwed himself IMO... his lies are going to catch up with him...still lying about the fact he is a cop??? why the hell is he still doing that? Did you catch Sarah's reaction to him saying he is a construction worker? Like she is not going to tell the rest of the jury the truth about him? He is a mess. I would imagine Spencer is going to be the smart one here and get some sort of support to oust Tony soon.

Well, not like it matters, but Tony could actually be telling the truth about working in construction. I know lots of cops who often have second jobs or do side work in a trade of some sort. Be it carpentry, painting, landscaping, masonry, etc. Regardless, I'd say that Tony has as much of a chance of winning the game as Russell Hantz did.

I'm assuming the weaker idol will be continually reburied after its usage. Spencer or Tasha better find it. At this point though, they're the two people everyone wants to work with the least (as they're seen as the most likely winners), so they're going to have a hard time flipping anyone. I think the preview where Spencer was telling Tony that someone wanted him out won't matter because Tony can just play his super idol after the vote if somebody tries that...I imagine they all vote for Spencer if he doesn't have immunity and he goes home after Tony realizes it was BS.

It will be interesting to see if anybody has the balls to take him out, but Trish's talk about wanting to sit at the end with Woo/Tony was rather telling. I think they've got the numbers from here on out.

I think he just cost himself any realistic shot at winning.

I guess I'll have to recant this. Assuming he can get Spencer and Tasha out (whcich seems pretty do-able, one of them would have to basically Ozzy themselves into the final 3 at this point), he's the only one of the other 5 deserving of winning, regardless of his methodology. And now that he has the Yul memorial supermagicultramegasupreme idol, it's going to be difficult for his alliance to flip on him even if they want to, and it looks to me like he has 4 sheep with him who won't even make an attempt.
I don't like him, but have to give him credit, he's playing like a combination of Russell Hantz and Boston Rob in some aspects.

Okaaaay tell me the show is not rigged. Really Tony.. you're going to find the stupid special idol far from camp under some tree underneath the dirt. YEA RIGHT. :angry::angry::angry: I hate him! I'm rootin for Woo.

I honestly was so annoyed with Tony "finding" that idol, I literally yelled at the TV. totally, annoyingly, rigged. ugh
I am totally rooting for Tasha at this point. and I know her days are probably numbered..

Shit, I think I'm actually starting to like Tony. I like Woo too, but, unfortunately, he's a coattail rider.

Pot/Kettle moment: Trish saying that Spencer was too skinny. :doh:

Back
Top Bottom