Survivor 40: Winners at War

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrPryck2U

ONE love, blood, life
Survivor 40 is here! The dream season has finally been realized. 2 million dollars is on the line! Sandra will do anything to win! Will Boston Rob? I will be rooting as hard as possible for Sandra to lose! She is the one they should join forces to defeat! She is scum.

Do Tyson, Parvati, Jeremy, Yul, and our hero, Boston Rob, have what it takes to dethrone "The Queen"? Let's hope so! This time, it's personal!

Sandra is worse than Tony. But, I don't see him being sole Survivor. Can Amber help her man win the big money from Extinction Island? I think she can.

Boston Rob is going to go scorched earth on everybody, especially Sandra after they voted Ambah out first.
Pretty good first episode. Again accentuated what I like about Rob, absolute beast in challenges, throwing folks over that barrel roll thing from his shoulders. the guy has no quit in him. His tribe would be foolish to vote him out pre-merge. And Jeremy nailing the 3 rings in 3 shots to complete the comeback was pretty darn good too.
Couple of folks I still don't recall (Sophie?) even though I've seen every episode of every season.

It amazes me that folks don't see what a snake Sandra is, and she just sits out challenges (cause she sucks at them) and nobody bats an eye.

Will be rooting for Rob and Ethan at this point until they get ousted.

That was a great first episode. Boston Rob showed exactly why he’s the most complete/best player by taking control of the physical and strategic parts of the game right off the bat.

Brilliant move getting the Cowboy to spill the beans immediately, and then confronting Dani in the group setting, squashing any momentum against him.

Also smart to team up with Parvati, who I consider the second best to play the game.

He’s still got a huge target on his back, so I’m not sure how long he can avoid Extinction island, but I’m rooting for him.

I’m hoping Sandra gets sent to Extinction early, so she has to actually put in some work to stay around.

Interesting to see how some players of the earlier generations are freaked out by the speed of the game, while the newer generations think they’re in control, but being manipulated.

One thing is for sure. We won’t see any of that “I’m just happy I got to experience survivor” horseshit once they get thrown out. They’re all there to play hard and win.

Sandra's game is very one-dimensional. The only thing she is good at is spreading misinformation. Boston Rob, on the other hand, busts his ass in challenges and is more straight forward with people.

Couple of folks I still don't recall (Sophie?) even though I've seen every episode of every season.

Sophie won the season with Ozzy and Coach. The first season Cochran was on. I only know this because we just watched like 10 seasons on amazon prime last year. She does look a bit different. I think she’s in better shape now and her hair is a different color.

Last edited:
Yeah she was pretty much overwhelmed. Just too long since she's played and looks like she hasn't paid attention to how the game has evolved.
Loved when Rob said "let's see who has an idol, empty your bags!". Adam's defiance should be enough signal that he has (half) an idol.

If things work out the way CBS/producers hope, it will be Boston Rob vs. Sandra at the end. But, I'm hoping Sandra is gone ASAP.

Looks like Boston Rob will be doing whatever it takes to win. Loved that stuff at TC. Wonder if anyone saw what Denise was doing?

That was another good episode. I love watching Boston Rob in action. He has the biggest target on his back/least chance to win, so I’m rooting for him to go as far as possible.

Danni fucked up big time. She wasn’t even on the radar until she coughed up the Old school Vs. New school shit to Ben. Then she tries to target Parvati. Dumb.

Damn, Boston Rob's tribe keeps losing and "The Queen" keeps sitting out challenges. A good blindside, though. The game has passed Ethan by. Maybe Boston Rob should stop assembling puzzles. He's really not that good.

Actually they did fine with the puzzle, had they not fallen so far behind before getting to the puzzle (Michelle's fault mainly) they'd have won. Only one piece short.

So Ben, Jeremy, Denise and Michelle quietly flipped the vote to Ethan, simultaneously blowing up the plans of both Rob and Adam. Fairly well played.

Actually they did fine with the puzzle, had they not fallen so far behind before getting to the puzzle (Michelle's fault mainly) they'd have won. Only one piece short.

I think I big problem that made them lose was actually Ethan’s fault. When he fell off on the parkour section, he went right down the middle back to the start instead of going around. That had to have stalled the people on it and probably knocked some off.

Right now the people I want out ASAP are Tony, Sandra, and Denise. They’re all my least favorites of those remaining.

Right now the people I want out ASAP are Tony, Sandra, and Denise. They’re all my least favorites of those remaining.

I can get on board with this. Though Tony has been less annoying so far this season than his usual self, so he can go 3rd of the 3.
As they arrived for the immunity challenge last night, said to the wife, "They're back to uneven numbers so someone has to sit out, guarantee its Sandra"...she said "but she can't sit out back to back challenges", I explained, "She didn't sit out the last one cause nobody did as tribes were even, she sat out 2 challenges ago"...and sure as shit her hand was up before Probst finished his sentence.
No idea how these people can't see her for who she is.

Last edited:
That was a ballsy move on Adam’s part to try to team up with Rob. I give him credit for the attempt.

Next week should be interesting. You know Rob was fuming after they booted Ethan.

I have a feeling the cop alliance is going to go far on the other tribe.

Sandra needs to go. She’s useless physically, and poison to the tribe.

Extinction Island is much more interesting this season that that previous incarnation.

And this time it was back to back challenges, did they eliminate that rule just for her?

Ridiculous. Liked when Parvati said they should just rename her "Bench".

Epic fail by Nick on that puzzle. How they could blow such a lead is crazy.

That task on Extinction Island was daunting. That might have been close to pushing things a hair too far by producers.

Good season so far. Switch up next week, will make things more interesting.

Shit, this week Rob and Co. really nailed the puzzle. Huge choke on the other tribe's part. Sandra is pathetic. She has become a joke. Sucked seeing Tyson go. That Extinction Island challenge definitely pushed the limit. Wonder if they've only just begun.

And this time it was back to back challenges, did they eliminate that rule just for her?

Ridiculous. Liked when Parvati said they should just rename her "Bench".

Epic fail by Nick on that puzzle. How they could blow such a lead is crazy.

That task on Extinction Island was daunting. That might have been close to pushing things a hair too far by producers.

Good season so far. Switch up next week, will make things more interesting.

I read somewhere that they edit challenges to fit time constraints so sometimes you only see a portion of a challenge, and sometimes it’s cut completely. This may have been why she got to sit twice in a row.

Good to see Rob pull through with an epic comeback.

Shit, this week Rob and Co. really nailed the puzzle. Huge choke on the other tribe's part. Sandra is pathetic. She has become a joke. Sucked seeing Tyson go. That Extinction Island challenge definitely pushed the limit. Wonder if they've only just begun.

The Tyson move was surprising. It should spark up some much needed friction in that tribe. Good to see that team finally get to a TC.

Oh man, I really dislike what happened last night. And I do not at all like Sophie. Sandra and Sophie can get out now please.

Yeah I pretty much knew it was coming, Rob should have seen it coming too.

Sophie and Adam looked like mental midgets trying to do that color puzzle. No way that big a lead should get blown on something that simple.

OK, that was one of the greatest moves in Survivor history.
As they were hatching the plot, I said to the wife "wouldn't it be great if she flipped things on her and took out Sandra" but never thought she'd actually do it.
Bravo.

That was an All-time great play. The rest of the group was shocked and she immediately rose to the top of the tribe in terms of respect.

That Edge of Extinction is looking damn juicy now with Parvati, Rob, Ambuh, and Sandra. Lots to unpack with that group.

Back
Top Bottom