Survivor 40: Winners at War

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Boooooooo! At least the hunch-shoulder, dead shark-eyed Disney-rat-villain got voted out.

Kim had the right idea to try and target Tony, his winning immunity foiled that.
He's absolutely the one in control of the game at this point, and if he makes it to the final 3 he deserves to be voted the winner in a landslide.
Now everyone knows he is holding an immunity idol after he offered to play it for Sarah, so that will make things interesting in how they try and go about getting him out.

2 hours next week.

Another awesome episode. Tony is a monster. The guy is just outplaying everyone in the social game and challenges, and the most entertaining.

He’ll have a huge target on his back now, but if he can keep his idol-acquiring streak going, he’s gotta be the unanimous winner.

Tribal was nuts. Interesting that Rob noticed Tony was running the show. If Rob can get himself back in the game, he’s going to take all he’s learning about the social dynamics and try to turn it against Tony.

And Denise is ready to fuck somebody up if we don’t vote right now.

Why didn’t they just shift to Sarah when Tony won immunity?

Kim’s Group: “We want to split up Tony and Sarah, so let’s vote for Tony!”
Tony: *wins immunity*
Kim’s Group: “What the fuck to we do now?!”
Nobody: “Let’s vote Sarah!”

Seems as soon as someone gets targeted as the next vote they win immunity.
Michele was right when she told Nick his move to oust Jeremy left him/them no path to the final 3, he didn't believe her....where's your path now Nick? Either Tony is doing a masterful job of hiding his final 3 alliance with Waffle and Hickbeard or Nick is clueless, or most likely both.

Twinnie has a huge advantage going into the get back challenge, but I have no interest in seeing her get back in the game. Hope its either Rob or Tyson so they can wreak havoc with their idol.

Tony has this thing locked up already. I’m surprised the others don’t see this and get him out. The guy is playing the best game I’ve ever seen.

I have a feeling Ben will get the boot soon. Nobody will want to be in a fire challenge against him.

I’m also thinking Natalie has the best shot to win the game (if she can win her way back into it), of the players at EOE. She’s been hustling her ass off, and the others on EOE have likely noticed that, while building a relationship.

Tony's holding an idol, so he has to avoid getting taken out in only one of the next 2 tribals. Only way to get him out is the returning player comes back with an idol (Twinnie, Tyson and Rob have them, not sure if anyone else does), keeps their traps absolutely shut about it, lets the other 5 target them (maybe could discuss it with Michele but nobody else), votes for Tony and plays the idol.

If Tony wins the next immunity challenge, he has final 4 locked and then the only way he doesn't win this thing is if he loses a fire challenge to make final 3, which could happen if he's against Hickbeard.

Damn, I'm hoping that Boston Rob or Tyson win this thing. Tony is playing a great game, but things are still wide open. I read an interview this morning where Jeff said the Finale itself will be almost 3 hours. So not much time given for the Reunion show.

Don't think they can have a reunion show.
That's more than 10 people.
Maybe they do a Zoom reunion show.

Shit, "almost" forgot about that. Can't believe we're already at the Finale. Watching this season has been an emotional roller coaster. All I will say is that I'm an essential worker and that it has been nerve racking (to say the least) leaving the house daily. Survivor has been an escape from this shitty fucking time.

Pretty much nothing in this season has gone how I’ve wanted it. Well except when Sandra got voted out and decided to just go home.

I don’t like Tony. He’s my least favorite winner of the seasons I’ve seen (12, 13, 21-28, 37-40), and one of my least favorite contestants ever (Colton and Phillip were worse, but not by a lot). And I don’t like Sarah. And here they are. Anyone else notice Sarah is picking her teeth in like every shot? Or licking at them? So distracting and annoying.

If I had my pick of final 6 it would be Rob, Parvati, Yul, Michele, Jeremy, and Kim.

Colton was definitely one of the most hated players ever. Phillip was annoying just because of his underwear. Lol. I've got no problem with Tony, but his unorthodox style rubs people the wrong way so I understand the dislike. I don't want Officer Waffle(Sarah) to win, but she is a pretty good player also. Plus, of course, there was Abi-Normal (Abi- Maria). They've had lots of nuts on the show. Colton, Brandon Hantz, and Naonka were all Hall of Shame shitbags.

Oh man Phillip and his pink panties...there's an image I'd like to burn from my memory.

I wasn't a fan of Tony when he played before, but I like the way he has played this season, taking a low key approach, especially early on. Hasn't been nearly as annoying and no question has played by far the best game and deserves as of now to be the winner, likely in a landslide or even unanimous vote depending on who he goes up against.
The players I like the most are all on redemption, so will likely be rooting for whoever comes back to win though things will be stacked against them.

One thing I think we can all agree on: Sandra should never grace our TV screens again on Survivor. Only one of the supposed greatest players ever to leave and not stick out the game on redemption and take a (admittedly extremely long) shot at getting back in, and also gives up being a jury member. Screw her.

Wow. Quite the Finale! I'm happy with the winner.

Wasn't surprised at all that Michelle didn't get any votes.

Officer Waffle and Ben surprised me towards the end. They remained loyal to their alliance all the way through.

Yeah I was expecting no more than 1 or 2 votes for Michele if any.
Was really the only proper outcome.
Had Twinnie won it would have felt hollow. Despite her performing very well once she got back in the game, we haven't seen any real game play from her until this final episode.

What a crazy finale in so many ways. Amazing end to a great season.

Tony was the clear winner, pure dominance.

Natalie had a great performance, but came up short.

I would have loved to see an extended finale with some QnA. Maybe an hour on YouTube. I guess the Ponderosa’s they just put up will suffice.

Season 40 is in the books. One of the best seasons mainly because of the star power. As a Survivor fan, this essentially was our dream season. Tony kicked ass, no doubt. Natalie kicked ass also. Officer Waffle..I can't call her that any longer. Lacina earned my respect. She DIDN'T waffle. She played a solid and honorable game. Lacina beats Natalie and Michelle in the Final 3 if she defeats Tony in the fire challenge. Natalie was no fool. She took Michelle with her because she knew she could get more votes than her. As soon as Michelle made it to Final 3, I knew she'd get zero votes. She played a decent game but her competition at the end was better than her.

Sucked that they didn't win, but it was great seeing Boston Rob, Tyson, Ethan, Yul, Parvati, and...Ambuh! Boston Rob's knowledge of the game is unparalleled. He was spot on with everything.

At the end, Jeff mentioned teenagers 16-18 trying out for Survivor. That would be something.

I am thoroughly whelmed. It was a good season even if almost nothing went the way I hoped.

I’m actually a little surprised they’re not going for a next season right now - if everyone gets tested, then they take a private jet down? That’s basically a quarantine, right? It’s not like CBS is gonna have a bunch of other big ticket shows going on anytime soon.

I would think they'd need to quarantine for 14 days then start filming.
Cast and crew,
Would make keeping the players from getting to know one another ahead of the game tricky.

Honestly, I'm not a big fan of having 16 year olds or 17 year olds going up against adults, unless they had all the contestants relatively the same age. I'm curious to see how they would film the show during the pandemic.

Probts needs to stop dying his hair. He's in his late 50's. Give it up. :wink:

I recently met Ethan's father-in-law. I didn't know who he was, but he was wearing some Survivor gear. I made a comment about Survivor. Told him I was a fan of the show. That's when he said Ethan was his son-in-law and he'd tell him I was a fan. The next week, I saw him again and he asked me for my email and street address. Ethan and I emailed each other and he sent me a cool "Old School Survivor" baseball hat and some autographed pics with a brief message on them. That was totally cool of him. His website actually has some cool gear available to buy there.

Anyway, just figured I'd pass that along to my Survivor peeps. Hope all is well with everyone.

Survivor 41 debuts 9/22 :hyper:

This time the season takes place in 26 days instead of 39. Jeff is quoted as saying its more dangerous than ever. Which lady will have the worst UTI this season? :reject:

Last edited:
So 2 former professional athletes this season.
Danny former NFL player and Bill Walton dyed his hair black and is pretending to be a rancher named Brad.

Back
Top Bottom