Survivor 40: Winners at War

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A little late to the celebration of Sandra getting voted out. Awesome times! The Survivor superstars are dropping like flies.

So we never watched Survivor until a year or two ago. Started at season 20 on amazon and watched through 28 or 29. Whatever it went to before it stopped being free. Then we’ve watched the last few seasons as they’ve aired.

But we just started watching pre-20th seasons. I think we started at 12. It’s the season with Aras, Terry, crazy Courtney, poor Bruce with the blockage, and Shane the slightly deranged smoker.

It’s crazy how different the game is. When people think telling others they have the idol will keep them safe.

Yeah the game has evolved quite a bit, which is probably why so many of the old school players currently find themselves on the edge of extinction.

Sandra quitting is a mixed bag. Ecstatic she quit. Disappointed there won't be a Boston Rob/Sandra showdown. Largely glad she quit. The game moves on. The Old Schoolers are way more entertaining and interesting than the New Schoolers. I wanna strangle Ben. Wendell has turned into a dick this season. But, the New Schoolers have been able to banish the Old Schoolers away to Extinction. The only thing that would be super awesome of course is if Boston Rob got back into the game and won it all...for Ambuh!!!

I’d laugh so hard if they did something new and turned Extinction into its own team once the numbers evened out between regular game and Extinction, after the merge. And then Sandra will have quit for nothing. I know it won’t happen, but with a game for 2 million, all bets are off!

mrs. tourist and I just finished season 12 (Panama). Will probably take a week or two off from our quest to watch all the back seasons we can on amazon and then jump into season 13 (Cook Islands).

I don't think I could binge watch the previous seasons. I actually enjoyed waiting a week to see the next episode. It was something to look forward to on Wednesday (or Thursday) nights.

While I dislike Sandra, she has put in a lot of time on the show. And being miserable on Extinction Island for weeks was not something desirable for her. She's already won 2 million dollars. I'm just glad I don't have to see her anymore. Lol!

I’d laugh so hard if they did something new and turned Extinction into its own team once the numbers evened out between regular game and Extinction, after the merge. And then Sandra will have quit for nothing. I know it won’t happen, but with a game for 2 million, all bets are off!

That would be awesome, and this show always adds new twists but that would add lots more episodes so unfortunately can't see it happening.

But the interesting thing is the fire tokens. Tyson spending one on peanut butter may seem a good idea at the time, but what if the way you get back in the game is you buy back in by having the most tokens? At the very least I imagine they'll be able to buy an advantage in the challenge to get back in the game or similar with them, so Rob suddenly may have a big advantage.

That would be awesome, and this show always adds new twists but that would add lots more episodes so unfortunately can't see it happening.

But the interesting thing is the fire tokens. Tyson spending one on peanut butter may seem a good idea at the time, but what if the way you get back in the game is you buy back in by having the most tokens? At the very least I imagine they'll be able to buy an advantage in the challenge to get back in the game or similar with them, so Rob suddenly may have a big advantage.

Yeah, it would add more episodes for sure. But for the 40th season? You never know! They could also do something like double eliminations, or if there was a massive merge so everyone is individual, last place in a challenge goes home right then, and then there’s also a vote at tribal. I mean, I doubt any of that would ever happen, but it could be a cool twist.

I don't think I could binge watch the previous seasons. I actually enjoyed waiting a week to see the next episode. It was something to look forward to on Wednesday (or Thursday) nights.

While I dislike Sandra, she has put in a lot of time on the show. And being miserable on Extinction Island for weeks was not something desirable for her. She's already won 2 million dollars. I'm just glad I don't have to see her anymore. Lol!

Well we never watched them when they were on, so if we watched them week to week, it would take years to get through them. LOL!

Man that redemption challenge was close.
Glad they get one more shot.
So this will be the biggest jury ever, will have every player except Suckdra.

It’ll be a great story if Rob can come back and win this thing.

The 3 I'm mainly rooting for to win (at this point :wink:) are Boston Rob, Tyson, or Jeremy. Ethan, Parvati, Yul, and Ambuh are cool, but I don't see them winning.

I'm not liking Wendell this season and I'm guessing he cheated on Michelle while they were dating. She hinted earlier in the season that he "betrayed" her.
Maybe his edit was shit also.

The only entertaining aspect of this week's episode was tribal council. It was just a matter of time for Adam. I hope Ben goes next because he is so annoying and wishy washy. I'm fearful that Officer Waffle might win this thing.

That was a good Tribal. Seeing the faces on the old school players while all the whispering was going on was great. Ethan was like WTF. I guess this is the first time they were jury?

Adam’s narration of his own game during the confessionals is annoying as hell, but I give him credit for trying to play hard. He just played too aggressively.

Right now I think Tony has a really good shot.

Tony calling people hyenas when he’s the hyena made me laugh. Other than that, I hope he goes sooner than later. He and Sophie are easily my two least favorites.

Wow, they definitely outdid themselves with the Loved Ones segment. It was cool when they brought additional family members. Plus, it was really cool when they hugged Jeff at the end. Otherwise, not really the greatest episode. Especially with Tyson getting voted out again after all the action at Tribal Council.

I thought once Jeremy left it should have been obvious they would take Tyson out and she should have played the idol for him.
Tough to fault Jeremy for leaving though that put them at a disadvantage, But they'd have been at a disadvantage once Waffle played her steal-a-vote anyway. He needed to save his own ass, and he was right cause they were definitely gunning for him before he left.
Was hoping she'd play it first and steal Jeremy's vote then he'd leave so she stole nothing.

The best part of that episode was Jeremy and Waffle jockeying at TC. Unfortunately Tyson got bit again.

The first half of the show was boring as shit. Why show 30 minutes of loved ones when you have a great season of strategy playing out? Unless you’re having the loved ones battle to keep their person in the game- that would be worth watching.

I still think the rule at TC should be ass in seat the whole time. You want to change votes on the fly with the guy at the other end of the row? Get creative with your communication.

The best part of that episode was Jeremy and Waffle jockeying at TC. Unfortunately Tyson got bit again.

The first half of the show was boring as shit. Why show 30 minutes of loved ones when you have a great season of strategy playing out? Unless you’re having the loved ones battle to keep their person in the game- that would be worth watching.

I still think the rule at TC should be ass in seat the whole time. You want to change votes on the fly with the guy at the other end of the row? Get creative with your communication.

Yes, I hate all that whispering shit. But, it makes TC more interesting. I'm old school. Come to TC with your shit figured out.

If Tyson won after being voted out twice, that would be quite a story. Still want Boston Rob or Jeremy to win. Shit, anyone but Waffle or Ben. :lol:

Why did Sarah still play her steal a vote after Jeremy left? Not like they had enough to split the vote that way.... Seems like a stupid move to me.

Why did Sarah still play her steal a vote after Jeremy left? Not like they had enough to split the vote that way.... Seems like a stupid move to me.

Made no sense. If they were trying to split votes in case of an idol being played they could have only forced a tie. They put 4 votes on Tyson and 2 on Denise so there was some fuzzy math going on there. I wonder if Sarah voted for Denise twice on her own thinking she was protecting against an idol.

Back
Top Bottom