Survivor 39: Island of the Idols

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrPryck2U

ONE love, blood, life
Well, the 39th edition of the show premiered last night. Always cool seeing Boston Rob. Sandra's back also. I suppose it's not so bad seeing her because at least she's not participating this season.

Interesting cast. The person who got voted out was a dick, so it was good to see them go. There's some new gimmicks this season. No Exile Island or Redemption Island. Should be a fun season.

I do like Elaine. She is an entertaining character. I'm sure this happened to you, but every time a contestant made some sort of grand proclamation of stuff, instantly, you knew the opposite would happen.
The producers spoiled the next person to meet Boston Rob and Sandra. What was the point of keeping it a secret later?

I thought it was hilarious how quickly they threw the people who went off under the bus in less than an hour. How long were they gone? Fifteen minutes?

The trashy version of Survivor over on MTV (The Challenge) is pretty entertaining this season as well. The Americans are just devouring each other.

The dude was gone for 45 minutes. That is a big deal when you're just getting to know people. He chose the wrong time to look for the Idol. Never seen The Challenge. Only seen the commercials. Lol.

The dude was gone for 45 minutes. That is a big deal when you're just getting to know people. He chose the wrong time to look for the Idol. Never seen The Challenge. Only seen the commercials. Lol.

I meant the other three though also. In recent seasons since I started watching, it’s never been that quick.

Yeah but nowadays basically everyone "cast" in the show is a Survivor superfan and know all the ins and out and little trick and unwritten rules, so they take note of someone immediately disappearing and place a target on them.

Nothing like a good 'ol blindside. A shame too.
She was a cutie.

Business picked up this week. Still don't have a favorite, though.

I didn't like this week's episode. Ultimately, after all the time devoted to certain people, it got all flushed down the toilet at the end.
Vince
broke one of the main unwritten Survivor rules.
Don't get voted out with an Idol in your pocket

And that shit with the Indian lady. I totally felt bad for her when she stabbed her hand and was bleeding and saying she was light headed and not one person gave a shit. That was fucking horrible. :angry:

Yeah Vince had no sense of what was going on, which the truly great players have an instinct for when they could be a target. How he could feel comfortable after coming back from a place with "idol" in its name after 24 hours is mind boggling, you have to know the rest of the tribe will suspect you gained some advantage there. Especially since another tribe mate has already been there so bullshitting about what goes on there can't work 100% anymore.

And I wonder if the editing made the whole cut hand thing out to be worse than it was. She says "I'm getting lightheaded" but she wasn't bleeding that much. Almost looked to me like she might have been being a drama queen so they just let her be. Who knows. If she was really cut to the bone, I think she'd have been evacuated.

Yeah Vince had no sense of what was going on, which the truly great players have an instinct for when they could be a target. How he could feel comfortable after coming back from a place with "idol" in its name after 24 hours is mind boggling, you have to know the rest of the tribe will suspect you gained some advantage there. Especially since another tribe mate has already been there so bullshitting about what goes on there can't work 100% anymore.

And I wonder if the editing made the whole cut hand thing out to be worse than it was. She says "I'm getting lightheaded" but she wasn't bleeding that much. Almost looked to me like she might have been being a drama queen so they just let her be. Who knows. If she was really cut to the bone, I think she'd have been evacuated.

They did show her hand afterward, and it was pretty bandaged up. Some people also get light headed at the sight of blood so that might have been a factor. If she was a decent drama queen, she could have made more of a fuss about her injury. :wink:

Vince was a fucking idiot. After all that bullshit to get the Idol, he should have played it pronto. Good gravy.

A lethal combination.

Was hilarious when Probst said "Who's sitting out?", and the entire rest of the tribe was like, "Noura".

What sucked about that is we didn't get a chance to see how she was going to be able to earn that immunity Idol.

That Karishma may be the worst challenge participant in Survivor history.
The game has evolved so much strategy wise that she'll probably end up this year's Becky and get to final 3 and get zero votes, in the old days she would have been 1st or 2nd person voted out.

The sight of Fruit Loops dragging her to the finish line in the reward challenge was something.
Then in the IC, Probst yelling out that her team is falling way behind because Karishma is moving so slowly and she yells out "no I'm not!"...yes you are sweetheart. Sorry you're in a loveless marriage but you suck, now please get off my TV screen.

Aww, I feel kind of feel bad for her, but I would definitely use her as a pawn all the way through if I were playing. That IC was scary. Karishma and a few others looked like they were gonna die in the sand.

Voting Tommy out was a good move. That shithead Dean should be next. I don't have a favorite yet. Most of them seem like assholes. :wink:
Especially Fruit Loops.

Surprised you didn't want Tom to win given he's a former NY Ranger.

I'm an Islander fan, so no love lost for Tommy. When the Isles were winning Cups in the 80's and the Rangers were coming up short in the playoffs, it was awesome being a fan. But the last 25 years, not so much.

PS: Tommy was annoying.

That Elaine has got some spunk. I'm definitely rooting for her, but Missy is alright too. A smart vote. Island of Idols actually worked out this week.

This season is weird. Usually I have a few favorites by now, but I don’t really this time. Maybe Elizabeth and Jamal?

This season is weird. Usually I have a few favorites by now, but I don’t really this time. Maybe Elizabeth and Jamal?

Elaine and a few others are nice, but most of them are jerks. That seems to happen a lot on Survivor.

I love Boston Rob and Sandra is tolerable because she's no longer a contestant. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom