Survivor 39: Island of the Idols

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just caught up. I have a feeling Elaine takes this if she can keep the target off her back for a few TC’s.

Voting off Tom was dumb for that tribe.

I hope Karishma doesn’t pull a Sandra. Sandra is one of worst players yet won with luck. Karishma is even worse.

Thought for a minute Jamal was gonna go home after playing his idol for Noodlebrain.

I'm going to have to see Karishma all the way to the finals as someone brings her along as a Becky, aren't I? :angry:

Wow. This was a tough episode to watch. A lot going on. Dan is a piece of fuckin' shit! Kellee was a fucking dumbass for not playing an Idol. All of a sudden, I give a shit about Janet. The other ladies, not so much. Elaine is ok, but she's allies with Dan, so that's a strike against her. I'm proud Jeff needled Dan at TC, because Dan is a lying sack of shit.

Yeah was glad when Probst finally said, "no Dan I'm not letting this go..."

And Missy is a lying snake as well, complained about Dan and then claimed not to have. At least Elizabeth fessed up to her lying.

Hard to find someone to root for in this group. Still like Elaine, but her allegiance to Dan is a problem. Aaron who I didn't like much early is becoming more likeable, he will be a target as soon as he doesn't win immunity (which could be never if they do all physical challenges).

Kellee not playing an idol when she had 2 was just so dumb.

Man, that was some fuckin episode. I figured I’d doze off 20 minutes in and watch the rest the following day. I was glued to the TV the whole time.

There was so much shit going on. The nature of the game, being that trust and deceit are a big part of it, combined with them not having all the information, and lines blurred between what’s reality or gameplay threw a barrel of gasoline on the fire.

It’s blown up online, in the news, even TMZ was reporting on it. The producers taking a beating.

Former contestants chiming in on twitter kept me scrolling all morning. Varner, of all people, had the take that he felt bad for Dan. WTF!

And WTF is Kellee thinking not playing an idol?

What really sucked was that as soon as Kellee mentioned not wanting to get voted out with 2 Idols in her pocket, you knew it was gonna happen. But, at least she's free from Dan the Molester. I'm sure the producers have plenty of footage of Dan touching female contestants inappropriately. I'm definitely rooting hard for Dan, Missy, and Elizabeth to be voted out of the game. They are scum!

Man Noura is dumb as a box of rocks. Keep spinning your ball and you can win food for your team...Noura tosses her stuff in joy. Flat out stupid.
Boston Rob knows the game inside &out, much more than Sandra. nailed that Aaron was going, and noted that "everyone wants to take Karishma to the end"...he knows she's the absolute worst Survivor contestant ever and likely will be the first to actually register fewer than zero votes in the final TC in a mathematical anomaly which accurately illuminates how bad a player she is.
Get her off my TV please.

Like the way Probst handled Missy's misguided criticism that he didn't mention 2 African Americans winning immunity at the same time (again I ask, is Aaron African American? Doesn't look it).
By not saying anything at the time he does more to show true color blindness.

This season is a trash fire.

You nailed it! For the first time in like forever, a season of Survivor has been absolute dogshit. Most of the cast is unlikable. I'm almost at a point where I don't give a shit who wins. That has never happened. I'll actually be away on vacation when the Finale airs. I might just find out the winner and not watch. Now, yes, I'll tune in up until that point, but maybe just to root against certain people winning like that fuckwad Dan. I was happy to see Missy go. She was awful. And, shit, maybe at the last minute, when it looks like Karishma will go to the Final 3, switch it to a Final 2 instead. If Jeff Probst has any shred of understanding, he knows this cast is horseshit. Elaine and Janet are probably the only ones I care about, but the others have been good at voting off threats. Which means they'll be gone soon.

Man Noura is dumb as a box of rocks. Keep spinning your ball and you can win food for your team...Noura tosses her stuff in joy. Flat out stupid.
Boston Rob knows the game inside &out, much more than Sandra. nailed that Aaron was going, and noted that "everyone wants to take Karishma to the end"...he knows she's the absolute worst Survivor contestant ever and likely will be the first to actually register fewer than zero votes in the final TC in a mathematical anomaly which accurately illuminates how bad a player she is.

Like the way Probst handled Missy's misguided criticism that he didn't mention 2 African Americans winning immunity at the same time (again I ask, is Aaron African American? Doesn't look it).

This is awesome! Missy was misguided, period. Karishma definitely goes in the Survivor Hall of Shame for worst players. The editors had a field day with her in this episode. The rat going in her mouth looked as awful as one would imagine. That's a large reason why I'd never compete on the show. No indoor plumbing is obviously Number 1, though. :wink:

100% what I was thinking after that episode.

As much as this season is a dumpster fire, and pretty much everyone is unlikeable, I’m still very interested to see who takes it after all is said and done. There’s something very satisfying about seeing unlikeable’s getting the boot.

The best part of that episode was when Karishma comes back with two coconuts and Noura gave her shit about it.

Hopefully Janet or Elaine takes it.

Yeah, I mean, I’ll keep watching. But this season has been one of the most uncomfortable seasons I’ve seen. Now to be fair, I’ve only seen maybe 10-12 of the seasons, so maybe I’m missing some stuff that’s worse.

This week's episode was an improvement. Karishma wisely played her Idol and thankfully Elizbeth is gone. Gotta give props to Karishma. She didn't keep the Idol in her bag. Lauren made some good predictions, but wasted her Idol. I do like Lauren. I wouldn't mind seeing her win.

Imagine bring Lauren and seeing that only Elizabeth, Fruit Loop and Worst Survivor Player Ever are partaking in the challenge and you get an idol if either Elizabeth or Fruit Loop wins. Really had to sweat that one out. An amped up 15 year old would last longer in the sack with Margot Robbie than Karishma lasted in that challenge.

Imagine bring Lauren and seeing that only Elizabeth, Fruit Loop and Worst Survivor Player Ever are partaking in the challenge and you get an idol if either Elizabeth or Fruit Loop wins. Really had to sweat that one out. An amped up 15 year old would last longer in the sack with Margot Robbie than Karishma lasted in that challenge.

Karishma is out of her mind. Why wouldn't she just eat instead of play? 45 seconds! A 15 year old could last maybe 90 seconds. Fruit Loop is a freakin' demon in these endurance challenges. She's also insane, but fun to watch. Sandra continues to annoy when she appears onscreen.

Elizabeth was one of my favorites of the remaining. Karishma is totally gonna wind up skating to the final 3 and winning.

Elizabeth was one of my favorites of the remaining. Karishma is totally gonna wind up skating to the final 3 and winning.

Karishma may skate to the final 3, but the only way she wins is if the other 2 are the reincarnations of Adolf Hitler and Charles Manson.
She'd get zero votes.

Karishma may skate to the final 3, but the only way she wins is if the other 2 are the reincarnations of Adolf Hitler and Charles Manson.
She'd get zero votes.

Shit, Charlie might get a few votes. He did kill less people, right? Karishma is what's wrong with a Final 3. Absolutely doesn't deserve to be there, but was used as a pawn. What season was Becky from? Can't remember.

Attack of the Man Noura! At least the Worst Player Ever is gone. All that bullshit and talking to vote out the WPE. I think I might be rooting for Tommy. Seems to have a clue.

What we learned last night:

Janet is married to Larry Bird
Noura's sister is Fairuza Balk

Noura is fruitier and loopier than we ever imagined.
Our long national nightmare is over as Karishma is finally gone.

Too bad Elaine wasted her idol, but since everybody knew she had it, not sure how she could have made any good use of it anyway.

Boston Rob knows this game cold. Every comment he makes is dead on, Sandra not so much.

Preview makes it look like Tommy turns on Lauren next week, though we know previews can be deceiving.

Order I'd like to see win at this point:

Elaine
Boston Rob
Tommy
Dean
Lauren
Janet
Dan
Noura

They should have Boston Rob "come out of retirement" and enter the game. The only ones I wanna see win are:

Elaine
Tommy
Janet
Lauren

The rest can all stick it. That last TC was an absolute joke. Man Noura is completely unhinged.

Actually let me amend my list of order of preference:

Elaine
Boston Rob
Tommy
Dean
Lauren
Janet
Dan
An inanimate carbon rod
Noura

Actually let me amend my list of order of preference:

Elaine
Boston Rob
Tommy
Dean
Lauren
Janet
Dan
An inanimate carbon rod
Noura

I'd take the carbon rod over Dan. He's scum. Sandra is tits on a bull. Boston Rob has been the best part of this entire season and the dude's on for like one segment and TC.

The thing that should have happened like ten episodes finally happened!

The thing that should have happened like ten episodes finally happened!

That's the side effect of Survivor: Shitty players can make it far. Most of them don't win. Some do, though. Officer Waffle comes to mind. Shit, I can't even remember her real name. (help me out here, Hewson) She was awful and she won. She was a cop and she changed her mind...a lot.

Back
Top Bottom