Sundance Channel: Spectacle - Elvis Costello with....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lila64

Blue Crack Distributor
New series on the Sundance Channel. Episode 1 just aired on Wednesday, and is currently re-airing (check your local listings). I believe new episodes air on Wednesdays at 9:00PM PST.

Episode 1
Elvis Costello with Elton John
Elvis and Elton explore Elton John's love and passion for many of the musicians who've had an impact on his life and career - from Leon Russell to Laura Nyro - with some candid and hilarious anecdotes along the way. Elton sheds light on his 40 year working relationship with lyricist Bernie Taupin, and the show also includes an amusing exchange about Elvis and Elton's real and stage names. Plus, Elton at the piano spontaneously demonstrating styles and influences; Elvis covering a couple of Elton John classics; special musical guests Allen Toussaint and James Burton joining Pete Thomas and Davey Faragher of Elvis Costello's band The Imposters; and Elton and Elvis's first ever televised performance together.

Current Showings
Sunday December 7, 2:00AM
Sunday December 7, 2:00PM
Tuesday December 9, 12:00AM
Wednesday December 31, 5:00PM

Episode 2: Elvis Costello with Lou Reed and Julian Schnabel
Episode 3: Elvis Costello with Bill Clinton
Episode 4: Elvis Costello with James Taylor
Episode 5: Elvis Costello with Tony Bennett
Episode 6: Elvis Costello with The Police
Episode 7: Elvis Costello with Rufus Wainwright
Episode 8: Elvis Costello with Kris Kristofferson, Rosanne Cash, Norah Jones, John Mellencamp
Episode 9: Elvis Costello with Renee Fleming
Episode 10: Elvis Costello with Herbie Hancock
Episode 11: Elvis Costello with She & Him, Jenny Lewis, Jakob Dylan
Episode 12: Diana Krall interviewed by Elton John
Episode 13: Elvis Costello with Smokey Robinson

Check it out!

Sundance Channel : Spectacle: Elvis Costello With...

Just caught the episode with The Police. I think it's the best one I've caught yet. Liked him interviewing the guys separately, and then together, asking their fave moments & songs. Here's Elvis/The Police performing Watching The Detectives/Walking On The Moon/Sunshine Of Your Love. Thought the cover was very cool!

YouTube - Elvis Costello & The Police: Watching the Detectives, Walking on the Moon, Sunshine of Your Love

I watched the Tony Bennett one while I was taking down my Christmas tree. Meh
I saw the Bill Clinton one a while back, but I can't remember much. Elvis always performs something as well.

They are filming in NY next week, and you can register online to win tickets.

To Register: Go to: 1iota : Shows : Spectacle: Elvis Costello with... (more info below)

September 21: Neko Case, Sheryl Crow, Ron Sexsmith & Jesse Winchester
September 23: Ray LaMontagne, John Prine, Lyle Lovett
September 24: Levon Helm, Nick Lowe, Richard Thompson & Allen Toussaint and special appearances by Ray LaMontagne and Larry Campbell + The Imposters

The Apollo Theatre
253 West 125th Street
New York, NY 10027

Event Policy: - Doors open at 7:00 pm and close promptly at 7:45pm, early arrival is recommended. No admittance after 7:45.

To Register: Go to: http://www.1iota.com/shows,Spectacle:-Elvis-Costello-with...,134.html

-Go to 'GET TICKETS' at bottom
-After you enter your ticket quantity, make sure to enter ELVIS1 in comments/keywords.
-Ticket requests are limited to (2) per person.
-You will be required to complete all information on the registration site , including creating your account on the site.
-Tickets are limited & will be distributed on a first come, first serve basis; please, respond ONLY if you are absolutely certain of your ability to attend.

- You must be at least 18 years of age to attend and have a valid government issued I.D.
- Please be on time. Late-comers, without exception, will be denied admittance.
- Cameras and video cameras will be strictly prohibited
- Cell phones must be switched off for the duration of the show – security will confiscate any cell phones being used for phone, text, photography or video-taping purposes.
- Back-packs, luggage or briefcases of any kind will be prohibited – purses and/or messenger bags will be permitted but subject to search
- Coat/Bag Check services will not be provided
- Outside food & beverage of any kind will be neither permitted nor provided inside the theatre

Dress Code:
- As this event is being taped, the wearing of visibly logo’d clothing, white clothing, t—shirts, ripped clothes, dirty tennis shoes, hats and/or baseball caps are all grounds for denial of entrance – decisions are based solely upon the discretion of event door staff
- Please dress respectfully and appropriately to avoid being turned away at the door.

Directions:

- Subway: take the A, B, C or D line to 125th Street and St. Nichols Avenue; proceed 2 blocks east to The Apollo

- MTA Bus: take the M2 to 125th Street

- Note: The Apollo Theatre is located at 235 West 125th Street between Adam Clayton Powell, Jr. Blvd. & Frederick Douglass Blvd. (aka 7th & 8th Avenues)

Just passing this along... Too bad they didn't email me in advance about the U2 one. I could have passed that along as well.

Bono and Edge performing "Alison" with Elvis Costello? :combust:

Elvis was on Jimmy Fallon on Friday night, and they were talking about the show Spectacle. He mentioned Bono & Edge being guests, and apparently Bono sang Alison, but it seems like he said that Bono told a great Sinatra story & sang the song too, so in the final cut for the TV version, Alison was cut. :rant: :angry: He said maybe after season 2 aired and a DVD was released in the future, it could be a bonus. So unfair we don't get to see it :sad: (If the Canadian version of the show airs longer than the U.S., then maybe someone will see it)

The interview is here - select Chapter 5 at the bottom.
NBC Video Rewind

He performed High Fidelity on air, and (I Don't Want To Go To) Chelsea as a web exclusive/bonus. :up:

Back
Top Bottom