Star Trek: teaser trailer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just got back from seeing it with a group of friends. We all liked it quite a bit. :up:

I'm not a Trekkie, but I was certainly looking forward to this movie. I did joke ahead of time that it was going to be a combination of "Alias" and "Lost," and it's nice to know that my predictions were somewhat correct (time travel and that red sphere :wink: ).

Nonetheless, it was exactly what I expected, and I had a good time watching it, not to mention that movies these days make those of us interested in post-production and special effects very pleased indeed!

I enjoyed it, very much. I though Zachary Quinto was the best actor of the young ones (and he managed to make Spock hot-Spock probably is the hottest anyway..but I was looking at him and not Chris Pine). And I kept thinking about Lost parallels too.

I don't know why Tyler Perry was in it

I though Zachary Quinto was the best actor of the young ones (and he managed to make Spock hot-Spock probably is the hottest anyway..but I was looking at him and not Chris Pine).

:yes:

I was actually surprised by how much I liked Kirk in this movie, considering that Shatner's Kirk always made me want to vomit. He was like a Roger Moore's Bond of the Star Trek series :yuck:

I loved Spock's "screw you racist bastards" "live long and prosper" to the Vulcan council :D

I barely knew this movie existed, but I got dragged to it by a bunch of friends today (even though I admitted to one of them that my Star Trek knowledge is limited to knowing that the Vulcans are the ones with pointy ears) and I thought it was pretty good. Nothing mind-blowing, but a solid two hour romp. We were all laughing during the simulation bit, and that first fight in particular was pretty badass. It packed in a lot for the time space.

I didn't even notice Ryder and Bana were in it, had I known I might have cared a bit more for their roles.

just got back from seeing it on the imax screen. It was great! My son loved it too.. He said 'was that a great movie or what."

btw, the sold out showing tonite, the whole audience applauded.

Just saw this and it was fucking terrible.

i saw it on the imax yesterday

and i would not call it terrible

It was not as good as Ironman

it was much better than Indy 4.

It does not measure up to the rave reviews it has been getting
and I don't think the IMAX added that much to this film.

I never expected it to build so much off the nostalgia, I thought it was throwing it down the toilet (which before seeing it I was OK with), but damn if they didn't take the characters and make it so much more than it was before. Plus, its the most exhilaratingly paced movie I've seen in a long time, epic in IMAX. Pretty creative to not spit on the Trekker's beloved canon, just move this story to an alternate reality.

I saw it this weekend...It was very good! I really enjoyed it, great young cast!

I'm c-ing it again in IMAX tommorw, I'm excited.

Sweet, get it in while you can. So unfair that something that not only is a well-made movie, but that definitely gets something added to it from the scope when shown in IMAX is getting kicked out by NATM2, based on how it's made, that wouldn't be any different experience if you watched it on a 13" screen in your kitchen. Lame :angry:. I'd love to get to show it to a friend of mine in IMAX (and see it again myself!) but I won't get the opportunity.

^Why not? Why can't you go?

It's a very well made movie...I was really impressed.

^Why not? Why can't you go?

Work and stuff that is more important for me to work on/my friend won't be able to make it this week either, and its only playing through Thursday. I did already get to see it once in IMAX, I'll just have to watch it with him at a regular theater later.

I finally saw it this past Monday and it was great!! :D

29ks8rl.gif

:D

Back
Top Bottom