So You Think You Can Dance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I need to go to the website so I can learn their names! Here's my thoughts on tonight:

Good
The 29 year old ballerina and partner dancing to Richard marx
The girl in the hip-hop duo
the guy in the bollywood duo
the foxtrot couple--ug! foxtrot is the kiss of death but I thought they did a really nice job.
The samba couple. my sister predicted she was trained in ballroom and we were shocked that she wasn't!

Meh
the first two couples
the crash test dummy partners--the costumes were very distracting.
the guy in the hip hop duo
the girl in the bollywood duo. The guy totally carried that routine in my opinion.

loooove this show!

Okay, I seriously love this show!! It's SO nice to be done with all the auditions so you can see the good stuff. I loved pretty much all of it, but especially Philip & Jeanine or however the hell you spell her name and Ashley & Kupono. Wade Robson is an amazing choreographer, and he comes up with some crazy awesome stuff. I hope he gets to do more this season!

I may mis-spell some names, but here goes:

1) Jeanine & Phillip - Hip Hop
2) Asuka & Vitolio - Broadway
3) Carla & Jonathan - ChaCha
4) Randi & Evan - Jazz
5) Paris & Tony - Hip Hop
6) Caitlyn & Jason - Bollywood
7) Janette & Brandon - Foxtrot
8) Ashley & Pono - ??? Robots, LOL
9) Melissa & Ade - Contemporary
10) Kayla & Max

I liked #1, 4, 7, 9 and 10.

Great first night of dancing! :applaud:

Man, I love this show. The only ones I didn't care for were the two hip-hop routines and the dummy dance, which seemed too weird for weird's sake, but whatever.

I was skeptical when I saw the song was Richard Marx, but that dance was stunning. Love it!

I even love Mary, which I realize is saying a lot. :wink:

I'm confused... what show are we talking about now? :confused:

What happened on SYTYCD? I was out...

Oh ok.. I thought you had all started talking about that new show.. :lol:

I also dont know any of their names. :crack:

Wow since I missed it last night I was pretty amazed to see some of the recaps.. Wow..the dancers this season are pretty damn good. :ohmy:

I dont know their names but most of them were pretty freakin good.

I seriously cant stand Mary's voice though. She just needs to stop talking. Cant she just hold up a sign? :sad:

1) Randi & Evan - Jive
Really liked Randi & Evan - great song too!

2) Melissa & Ade - Jazz
Really good!

3) Jason & Caitlin - Hip-Hop
alright

4) Brandon & Jeanette - Disco
Wow! That was some FAST disco!!!

5) Asuka & Vitolio - Waltz
Beautiful!

6) Max & Kayla - Pop/Jazz
Good!

7) Jonathan & Carla - Contemporary
Lovely

8) Phillip & Jeanine - Tango
Rough for Phillip, but he's still one of my faves.

9) Kapona & Ashley - Hip-Hop
Ashely was good, Kapona not so much

Some of the dancers are really starting to annoy me for really stupid things. :lol: I thought the waltz was gorgeous, and they used one of my favourite songs for the contemporary routine. I totally disagreed with the judges, and thought the last hip hop routine last night was excellent. Other than that - meh. :shrug: There wasn't anything spectacular, so I felt a little disappointed.

I would have been happy with any of those girls going home, but I was glad they cut Max instead of Kupono - I really like him.

And that chick who was "singing" that song? Holy crap was that ever awful. They really should get more talented people to perform, but I guess they have to appeal to the tweeny kids or whatever. :tsk:

My problem with Kupono is that he didn't dance during his solo and nigel told him that! I don't think he's good enough to hang with Kayla, that's for sure. I feel bad for her b/c now she has a weak partner.

I totally agree that Matt should have stayed....he was a much better dancer! And of the 2 Ashley was better than Kupono , yet she goes and he stays:angry:...I think it is going to be really hard to send a lot of these people home this season , though...they all seem to be very good dancers.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom