So, the new tv season?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VintagePunk

Blue Crack Distributor
I've barely had my tv on this summer, so I'm out of the loop. Are there any new shows that look good? What returning shows are you looking forward to?

Returning shows I'm anticipating are - the biggie for me is Lost, but that's not till Feb (boo!). Then there's Desperate Housewives. I kind of stopped watching last season, but I saw the finale, and I'm curious as to what they're going to do with the new future premise, so I'll give it another chance. On Heroes, I'm hoping they'll address what the deal is with the older generation. And of course, The Office and 30 Rock.

I don't watch much TV outside of sports and news. Now that I'm hooked, I'm especially looking forward to Season 5 of Lost. It's going to be weird having to wait an entire week between episodes, though, as I've gotten used to watching then one after another.

I'm also looking forward to see what Day 7 of 24 yields. Count me as one of the disappointed over Day 6, and I'm interested in seeing if the show benefited from the strike.

Other than that, I'm not really looking forward to anything in particular. I enjoy How I Met Your Mother whenever I remember to watch it.

I'm definitely looking forward to Survivor. :hyper:

Also, Kitchen Nightmares, and Dancing with the stars.

Well I hoping for The Office to rebound after two average seasons.

Looking forward to new Family Guy and American Dad especially the Blue Harvest sequel. Olie Williams as Lando. :lol:

New Robot Chicken will be good and hopefully new Aqua Teen Hunger Force and Boondocks will come in the next few months.

Outside of that in terms of new programming I watch Mythbusters, sports, Bill Maher, Charlie Rose and Larry King. Oh and Graham Norton.

Television is pretty bad these days. :down:

I can't wait for House and Desperate Housewives to start up again.:heart: I'm glad Mad Men is on in the summer. It's holding me over. I wish more people knew about it.

Are you in my head VP? I was thinking this same question today!

I can't wait for House and Desperate Housewives to start up again.:heart: I'm glad Mad Men is on in the summer. It's holding me over. I wish more people knew about it.

House for sure, and The Office, Grey's Anatomy (yes, I still watch), ER (yeah, still watch it too, final season this year), 30 Rock (which I started watching last season) and probably a few others.

Glad I got hooked on Mad Men. :heart:

Last edited:
I only really watch House, Grey's Anatomy and ANTM (but not always).

I just got the Dexter DVDs so I will probably make my way through those over the next few weeks.

For old shows, looking forward to Lost and 24. Madmen is going on currently and it's great. It would be nice if the Office returned from the shithole it dug for itself last season. We'll see.

For new shows, BBC America is running Gavin and Stacey (so it'll be new to us here in the States), which NBC plans to adapt and destroy, probably. Also looking forward to Fringe, on Fox, which is from JJ Abrams. Also looking foward to the Dollhouse, which will be a show on Fox, starting in January, by Joss Whedon.

Heroes and Gossip Girl (both of which I'm contemplating creating entire threads for), 24, The Office, a couple of those shitty sitcoms on CBS, and I'll probably check out the new 90210 reboot because I have a huge thing for Jennie Garth. And I might try to get into 30 Rock as well.

And then eventually, of course, the motherfucking L-O-S-T.

I forgot about Heroes. That show also needs to bounce back from a weak season. GAF, believe this or not, there was an interference prior to Feb, 2007. There is a Heroes thread, not sure about Gossip Girl.

Not so sure about new shows this season but I'm ready for favorite old shows to start new seasons like ER, Greys, DWTS, Survivor, Adventures of Old Christine, 2-1/2 Men, Real World & Road Rules.

The new 30 Rock season can't come soon enough. Best show on TV.

Really? :huh: I'll hope for the best on that one!

I'm excited that Gossip Girl starts tonight, and I will admit to being excited to see how cheesy the new 90210 is. I never used to like the cheesy soap shows, I swear!

I might check out Fringe as well, but I usually get excited about those shows and lose interest fast.

I'm excited that Gossip Girl starts tonight

O.M.G. Me too! I cannot wait to see what new kind of trouble S and B get into! I swear that Leighton Meester is quickly climbing up my "girl I most want to marry" list. She is all kinds of adorable, and she's so good at being evil on the show.

Cori, you have to be my executive decision-maker here. Should I or should I not create a Gossip Girl thread? I wonder if anyone else even watches it...

I'll be watching the shows I always watch (Criminal Minds, Bones, House of course), and I'll go down with the sinking ship AKA ER. And I'm interested to see where Terminator goes.

For new shows I'll probably check out Fringe because, why not?

Back
Top Bottom