Sherlock Holmes. the new BBC series

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
Anyone watching ? Much closer portrayal of Sherlock than the movie version with Downey, and much better for it. Enjoy their take on Moriarty, too.

And if you are watching...what did you make of the season 2 finale ? Any theories ?

Season 2 will air aux États-Unis on PBS May 6th, I'm pretty excited.

It's a great series. While its a shame it's only 3 episodes per season, it's really more like 3 tv movies per year. Good ones at that.

I went to see Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy not long after this season, was not expecting a blonde Sherlock.

As for theories, no clue. Moffat claims Sherlock does something out of character in that scene which we haven't yet picked up on, but I haven't had a rewatch yet.

Also, I hope the US 'Elementary' version crashes and burns.

Season 2 will air aux États-Unis on PBS May 6th, I'm pretty excited.

Glad to hear it, really enjoyed the first season.

Didn't we have another thread for this series, or was the talk in the TV thread? I can't remember.

I'm totally hooked on this show :heart: It's so well made and what with me having had a huge soft spot for a bromance since childhood I love the relationship between Holmes and Watson. I look forward to rewatching the Season 2 on DVD when I get it (and catching up on the last episode which I missed); one thing I disliked about watching the series on regular TV, apart from commercials, was missing out on some of Sherlock's deductions. That man speaks way too damn fast.

I didn't even know this show existed until I stumbled on this thread a few weeks ago. I don't have a lot of time for tv/movies so I'm alwasy very behind on the current stuff. I just finished the first two episodes of season 1 and so far I love it! :love: I'm definitely enjoying a very modern take on one of my favorites. I also just found the time to watch Downton Abbey...I actually found this thread while looking for a thread on that show. I got through season 1 very fast but now Netflix has had season 2 listed as "very long wait" for the last few weeks. So this was a great filler while waiting for that to become available. I'm going to finish up season 1 of Sherlock this week. Can't wait!

best watson ever.

the "rache" scene in the first episode made laugh all kinds of geeky laughter. totally sold on that.

I don't know how they're going to top Season 2. That was too damn amazing for words.

Oh, and CBS is trying to Americanize this version. The producers of the BBC one actually wouldn't help or give away the rights, so CBS has a pilot that's basically a pseudo-ripoff. I read a review of it and it didn't have much praise.

I just re-subscribed to Sky Tv, so i have access to the Sherlock Holmes season 3 (BBC series) which i recorded at the start of the year. Just watched the first of the three of the, and again, it was most enjoyable. Looking forward to the other two. I think i saw all of season 2 but not sure if i have seen any of the first season, as i cant ever recall seeing it in the tv guide

That trick of Mycroft's was thunderously stupid. Not necessarily in the world of Sherlock, just......the problem with terrorism is not the body counts! It would still undermine global confidence to see airliners blowing up in mid air, whether or not the British government secretly snuck in a pile full of corpses.

Did enjoy seeing Holmes' puppydog enthusiasm to show off being used against him at the Christmas party and with Irene.

I'm absolutely in love with this show and I own both seasons on blu-ray (friend who lives overseas managed to ship it to me). I love how accurately it portrays everything. The actors are just perfect. I'm eager for a 3rd season.

Apparently they're not going to start filming S3 until early next year, so no new episodes (3 again) until mid-2013 at the earliest.

Comes as no surprise....the two leads have crazy busy schedules these days and the writers/producers are working on the next season of Doctor Who.

Apparently they're not going to start filming S3 until early next year, so no new episodes (3 again) until mid-2013 at the earliest.

It's not surprising. I'm fine with waiting. I mean, that's only a year or a year and a half away. I've waited longer for things to come out.

I'm absolutely in love with this show and I own both seasons on blu-ray (friend who lives overseas managed to ship it to me). I love how accurately it portrays everything. The actors are just perfect. I'm eager for a 3rd season.

Agreed. Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better than the recent 2 Hollywood movies.

Why is it that giving a show an American accent suddenly makes everything sound dull, boring and less intelligent? Okay, it's not with every show, but the deductions are just bleh. Looks like they've taken all hints of sexual ambiguity out of it too to make sure Sherlock is a manly man with a deep, gruff voice. Oh sure, let's take the penis out of Watson too. Hrgh. I'll give it a shot.

If it's anything like american Top Gear though, I don't think I'll even last a single episode.

Back
Top Bottom