Robin Williams has died of suspected suicide at 63

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fuck. For all the crap he sometimes got, I always thought he was one of the 3 or 4 funniest people on the planet. I can't believe this right now.

He's absolutely one of my favorites of all time... I say this often enough, but I get very emotional about this stuff, and I'm just heartbroken right now.

I'm shocked, thought it was a joke at first. Unbelievable, one of the greats has been lost today.

R.I.P Robin Williams

Sent from my PS4 using U2 Interference

I'm in shock right now, but honestly, I don't think anyone should be that surprised. He checked into rehab last month and you know, I've got to say, shit like this happens to comedians (usually drug overdoses). I wouldn't want to be in their heads.

This is a terrible loss. I was just thinking yesterday that he hadn't been in a legit great film in a while and that I would have liked to have seen him in something soon. He was in some great movies in the 90s/early 00s. Great stand up too. RIP Robin.

Sad to hear. The characters that he portrayed in movies often had a real feel good factor about them (or at least the ones that I've seen) so it's hard not to feel like it's a case of a really nice guy taking their own life, which makes it all quite shattering :(

My word, TMZ is blunt in it's reporting.

Sent from a barge floating through the docks of Dublin

Absolutely one of my all time favorite actors. I'm so numbed right now

Altho not one of his most revered classics I suppose, a movie we watched over and over (broke the VHS in fact) with the kids up at the lake when it rained was Mrs Doubtfire. And when it didnt rain sometimes Id be out by the fire watching the stars and would hear the faint lines of the movie as they watched it for the billionth time, giggling to all the same parts..and then ultimately falling asleep and Id come in and shut it off. Gosh. That memory cuts deep. :sad:

It's sad when a person dies prematurely. But rather than a Dianaesque hysteria, celebrate a successful life.

No fucking way. One of my all-time favorites. His interview on 'Inside the Actor's Studio' is probably one of the funniest things I've ever seen. I also actually liked Hook, and saw it many times while I was growing up.

Rest in peace. Unbelievable. A legend.

Me as well. Saw him do stand up once (2002 I think), he was frenetic and hilarious. Really bummed out by this.

I find this so unsettling because Travis and I just spent a TON of time on Saturday talking about him. It was one of those moments, too, where I really realized he's right up there as one of my favorite actors, possibly in my top five. Not all of the output was classic, of course, but he was talented regardless of what it was he was appearing in.

Really cool that you were able to see him live. I wasn't even sure how much of that he was still doing (though I realize that was 12 years ago).

I'm sure his Comic Relief pals, Billy and Whoopie have to be inconsolable right now. Those three always had me laughing when they were together.

I'm sure his Comic Relief pals, Billy and Whoopie have to be inconsolable right now. Those three always had me laughing when they were together.

I have only watched one Comic Relief, never could catch it when it happened, but for that one time, and I had a blast watching it. Those three really put on a good show.

One day, people everywhere will respect mental illness. I hope today is a corner turned. I don't really talk about movies much, but Good Morning Vietnam was always a favourite of mine.

This is so, so sad. First time in a long, long time that I've seen a celebrity's death reported and felt a whack in the gut.

His wife released a statement

Buyz_x4CIAAT79U.jpg

I have only watched one Comic Relief, never could catch it when it happened, but for that one time, and I had a blast watching it. Those three really put on a good show.

I used to watch it every year. When Robin would come out, his energy was unmatched.

This is so, so sad. First time in a long, long time that I've seen a celebrity's death reported and felt a whack in the gut.

Ditto. I think MJ is the last time I felt this sad. And this one probably surpasses it, to be honest.

Back
Top Bottom