Robin Williams has died of suspected suicide at 63

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Buy7tn4CEAA3M8T.jpg

That picture makes me sad.

Jesus. Just shocking and heartbreaking. Fucking depression, man. I can't even begin to imagine how it feels to believe that this is truly the only way out, and (as often is the case), that it would be better for those in your life.

I think Good Morning Vietnam is my favorite of his.

I couldn't give any less of a fuck about a suicide. If it wasn't suicide, I'll take it back. If it was, fuck him to hell.

I couldn't give any less of a fuck about a suicide. If it wasn't suicide, I'll take it back. If it was, fuck him to hell.

Died of asphyxiation, so he hung himself (maybe autoerotic asphyxiation, I guess, a la World's Greatest Dad).

You can probably guess that I disagree with you on this, which is cool.

Last edited:
Someone who was mentally ill and had addiction problems isn't deserving of that kind of scorn. You should be lucky to never feel that kind of emotional pain.

He may have chosen to die, but he didn't choose to fight depression and addiction throughout his adult life. It's not like he's a martyr or anything, but everyone has their breaking point.

Last edited:
If he's like how I used to think, then you're of the opinion that suicide is the most selfish act, and that it's a disgrace that people get left behind, and all that. I don't know GAF beyond here so can't assume that he hasn't suffered any sort of mental health issues, but that's a shocker of a post. The shit is all-encompassing.

Something I was thinking about a lot tonight was when he received the Cecil B. Demille award at the Golden Globes back in 2005. That was kinda during the period where he was focusing more on "serious" movies. When they were about to present him with the award, they, obviously, played a montage of his career, since, it's a life-time achievement award. During the moments where they showed clips from movies like Popeye, they'd flip the camera over to Williams and he just looked furious. At the time, I was kinda pissed at him for that, because it felt like he was embarrassed of what made him. Now,of course, I'm just jumping to conclusions, but I wonder if he wasn't more just embarrassed. Who knows. Of course, I've heard a few people talking about The Crazy Ones getting canceled and I wonder how much that affected him. Additionally, I can't help but notice that two of his upcoming films are a 3rd Night at the Museum movie and a proposed sequel to Mrs. Doubtfire. That can't exactly be the trajectory he wanted his career to be on, I'd assume. I mean...a cash-grab sequel on one of his (IMO) best movies?

We're watching his Inside the Actors Studio episode now, it's wonderful. The one area of his career I'm woefully ignorant of is his stand-up comedy. Part of me, I guess, just didn't want to see him quite so blue. But I'm loving the hell out of it now.

I used to be of the very same view, but now am not. That post reads dangerously like one of INDY's last ones, no offence intended...

I don't give a flying fuck. I don't even know who INDY is. Does he have a fedora and a bullwhip?

I'm also as big a fan of Robin Williams as anyone who's posted in this thread, and it's been a weird day, and I'm bummed, and I'm playing hard devil's advocate with you fucking fools.

Go White Sox.

Obama weighs in:

"Robin Williams was an airman, a doctor, a genie, a nanny, a president, a professor, a bangarang Peter Pan, and everything in between. But he was one of a kind. He arrived in our lives as an alien – but he ended up touching every element of the human spirit. He made us laugh. He made us cry. He gave his immeasurable talent freely and generously to those who needed it most – from our troops stationed abroad to the marginalized on our own streets. The Obama family offers our condolences to Robin’s family, his friends, and everyone who found their voice and their verse thanks to Robin Williams."

Sad-Obama1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom