Random TV Talk IV: We're So Broken Inside

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Watchmen is still in our queue also. Having kids slows down the watching considerably. Which makes it all the worse when we invest in something like GLOW and it gets canceled willy-nilly.

I've recently discovered Big Mouth on Netflix. Holy fuckin' shit! Some of the most awesomely sick shit you'll see in a "cartoon".

I tried to watch an episode of Emily in Paris to see if it was watchable and it felt like my brain was falling out of my head and it's been nominated for a Golden Globe.

I have watched this YouTube comp roughly once a month or so for the last several years and I still laugh every single time:

What's even better to me, and a real sign of how great a character Lucille is (both in writing and portrayal) is that 10 minute video is still missing some of her best moments.

I've just finished up watching the three live-action Rough House Pictures HBO shows: Eastbound & Down, Vice Principals and The Righteous Gemstones (well, season 1).

I have a lot of thoughts, but I'm really glad I decided to watch them all and in order. It's very interesting to see where they went creatively at each turn and you can really see an evolution in their storytelling and comedy delivery as time passes. Eastbound and Down starts wildly hilarious and dumb, and surprises you with its warmth by the end. Vice Principals starts extremely dark, and goes to some even darker places before surprising you in its second season. And then Righteous Gemstones just hits it right on the bullseye of where I think they want to be: It's almost more dramatic than comedic, but you still come away with laughs.

I also feel that David Gordon Green is a slightly better directer than Jody Hill, but I don't dislike either of them.

To anyone who has watched Schitt's Creek all the way through: is it one of those shows that takes a while to find its footing? For context, I'm about halfway through season 2 and having a really hard time connecting with it.

So with Always Sunny FINALLY coming to streaming services last year, I've finally gotten to watch it. It comfortably and quickly joined my upper echelon of the best TV shows ever.

Season 13 was probably the spottiest, with some A-graders (Time's Up, Bathroom Problem) and some stinkers (Home Alone, Make Paddy's Great Again), but I just finished it last night and for those who've seen it, I'd love your thoughts on the finale. I'm still processing it. I thought it was fucking great, and the last five minutes were incredibly powerful and moving... but that's not Sunny, like, at all. So I don't know how I feel about it.

That one hurt me a lot. He was so active on Twitter. Or someone was so active on Twitter *for* him. Either way, it just felt like I was just hearing from him a couple days ago and then gone.

To anyone who has watched Schitt's Creek all the way through: is it one of those shows that takes a while to find its footing? For context, I'm about halfway through season 2 and having a really hard time connecting with it.

I know I'm months late to answer this, but I think I fell in love with the show over time. I recall having a hard time with the first season and I don't remember exactly where I went from, "I'm watching this because my family is" to "I love every moment of this," but I think it was somewhere around the Unpasteurized milk episode.

RIP to Norm Macdonald - a name I knew, but I've not really known any of his comedy. Watching a few clips now and this guy was fucking hilarious.

I've watched this like five times today already

[tweet]1437876012788949003[/tweet]

RIP Norm Macdonald. He had the balls to say "fuck you" to conventional comedy. SNL has sucked for most of its existence. It's a wonder the show is even still on the air. But, when Norm did Weekend Update, you couldn't wait to see how Norm was gonna take a dig at OJ.

Thanks for being absurd, Norm.

Was shocked when I heard the news. very sad.
RIP Norm.

Back
Top Bottom