Random Movie Talk XV: You Asked For It, Cobbler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He died at age 90 in the Bahamas surrounded by people who loved him. Couldn't ask for much more.

What a legend. Rest easy, Sean.

Does a movie count as a movie if it doesn't get released in theatres? Just wondering if Soul is considered a fully-fledged movie, given it went straight to streaming instead of the cinema..?

Honestly not sure if it qualifies for the Academy Awards though, I thought they all had to play in at least one American cinema during the year.

Going straight to streaming boots them from Cannes contention too.

I have not watched those movies since first being obsessed with them in high school. I would love to do a rewatch and see if I'm still into them. I've soured so much on Peter Jackson since then, my fear is that I no longer enjoy the movies, so I've avoided them. Which is silly.

RIP Cloris Leachman

EarlyDangerousBuzzard-small.gif

I know we don't talk much about movies anymore, but I went to see The Eyes of Tammy Faye last night and I can't shut up about Jessica Chastain's performance. I was just so thrilled by it.

Also the Hair and makeup on this movie are just :chefskiss:.

I wouldn't say it's a must-see, necessarily, but I thought it was an overall more than decent film with great performances and one stellar one.

Back
Top Bottom