Random Movie Talk XV: You Asked For It, Cobbler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So I came across this article this morning:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/ce...ng-with-luke-perry/ar-AABHV5Z?ocid=spartandhp

And was left scratching my head a bit...

Particularly about this part:

Pitt, 55, agreed, saying, “‘That’s f—ing Luke Perry!’ We were like kids in the candy shop because I remember going to the studios and [Beverly Hills, 90210] was going on, and he was that icon of coolness for us as teenagers."

So 90210 debuted in 1990 when Brad Pitt would have been 26, almost 27, and Luke Perry passed away at 52, and Pitt is 55, but Brad remembers Perry being an icon of coolness for him as a teenager?
The numbers work for DiCaprio, but methinks Pitt is a bit delusional. Maybe he thinks he's same age as Leonardo.

Last edited:
So I came across this article this morning:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/ce...ng-with-luke-perry/ar-AABHV5Z?ocid=spartandhp

And was left scratching my head a bit...

Particularly about this part:

So 90210 debuted in 1990 when Brad Pitt would have been 26, almost 27, and Luke Perry passed away at 52, and Pitt is 55, but Brad remembers Perry being an icon of coolness for him as a teenager?
The numbers work for DiCaprio, but methinks Pitt is a bit delusional. Maybe he thinks he's same age as Leonardo.

Just saw this. Don't you know 26/27 is 16/17 in Hollywood? Especially Beverly Hills 90210, where I think only Brian Austin Green and Tori Spelling played their actual ages or close. Give old Brad a pass. :wink:

For Interference's sake, I'm excited that the name of DiCaprio's character in the new Tarantino movie is DALTON.

Once Upon A Time In Hollywood is so fucking beautiful and it's definitely my favorite Tarantino since Inglorious Basterds. I left the theater over an hour ago and am still riding the buzz of seeing a truly great movie. The whole thing is brilliant but that final act will stay with me forever.

Much better than Hateful Eight, maybe slightly better than Basterds.

I think I got more out of Django, personally, but I haven't had that much fun at the movies in a while. Feel bad for anyone who was bored or walked out. They missed out on a fucking awesome finale.

Even I liked it.

giphy.gif

You can’t tease us by strolling through here and not giving us at least a hot take!

Or conversely telling us how much you loved Christian Petzold’s Transit, the actual best film of the year so far.

Loved the Tarantino. All Leo’s scenes on the set filming are standouts. Don’t really have a ton to say. Bastards is still my fav by a considerable margin, and Kill Bill, then maybe Death Proof but I eat up that chewy over the top genre stuff these days.

I also love Petzolds work but haven’t seen Transit yet. I’ve honestly not been watching a lot of movies the last couple years.

Speaking of which I think the last time I even logged on was last fall when you mentioned the Kickstarter for your film premiere? How/did that go??

Big dispute with the editor who had also offered to do some other post-production duties, resulting in some ridiculously long delays.

In short, I had to have all the effects work redone, and the color as well. It's in final color now, I'm not paying the guy much so he's taking other jobs concurrently. Looking to be finished in the next couple weeks. The sound mix is already completed so once I get it back it's ready for export.

Really liked Hollywood. I have problems with it, but honestly I've given up complaining about the same things Tarentino is never going to stop doing. Wish the editing were better, that's my only other complaint. Probably my 3rd or 4th favorite film of his.

Back
Top Bottom