Random Movie Talk, Louis the XIVth Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LMP

Blue Crack Supplier
Carry on.

Speaking of cool shit, The Alamo Drafthouse downtown held a screening of The Royal Tenenbaums in support of Matt Seitz' new book on Wes. He did an intro and Q&A afterward. Got to meet him at the book sighting and geek out briefly about his Breaking Bad recaps, video essays, and Brian De Palma. Long story short, on cloud 9 gang.

I may have said this before, but he might be my favorite critic out there, if only for the killer insights he brings to both film and television criticism. His focus on video essays helped inspire my pseudo-senior thesis on cinema and intertextually, which is how we briefly got to geeking out over De Palma.

Haven't met up with the Deputy yet, but will soon in the future. Splitting time between a paying job and an internship oh my end has made it difficult.

Here's what I'm seeing at AFI Fest (so far):

The Wind Rises
Tom At The Farm
Like Father, Like Son
The Congress
The Strange Little Cat
When Evening Falls On Bucharest
Half Of A Yellow Sun
The Strange Color Of Your Body's Tears

and from Agnes Varda's retro picks:

After Hours
Cleo From 5 To 7

You dingus. I've heard wonderful things about The Strange Colour of Your Body's Tears.

Lance's Mom, however, prefers using another term.

Haven't met up with the Deputy yet, but will soon in the future. Splitting time between a paying job and an internship oh my end has made it difficult.

Just stay the fuck outta Hyde Park.

vw6hwfK.gif

Keep your gold-bricking ass out of my South Austin community.

Alec Baldwin's performance in Miami Blues should be on loop at the MoMa.

Housemates are watch Snow White and the Huntsman. Even though she plays the Evil Queen I still find myself more sympathetic towards Charlize Theron than Kristen Stewart.

Batman Returns in 35 screening here before Christmas. Calling in all of the favors to make sure I can see that shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom