R.I.P. Michael Jackson

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is something I've been wondering a lot over the past few days, and I thought it was just me until my mom mentioned something about it last night. They were showing the footage of him announcing the London concerts, and she mentioned something I had noticed a few days prior when they showed the same footage, which is that Michael's voice, his speaking voice obviously, did not sound like him. Here's a Youtube link in case you haven't seen it.
YouTube - Michael Jackson announces 10-concert comeback - This Is It!

P.S. I'm not like the crackpot conspiracy theorists commenting on the video saying "ZOMG! It wasn't really him!!!!111", but I was just wondering if anyone else had noticed the difference in the way his voice sounded.

So after having my MJ dance/clean a thon on Saturday morning, I popped it back in Saturday night and had a little dance party in my living room. It was very fun, although I went from that spazzy joy to welling up with tears when Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' finished. That caught me off guard.

I downloaded one of the torrents with the complete MJ albums, and listened to the tracks I didn't already have. Either I'm just not that big a fan, or there's a huge disparity between how great the "hits" were and how mediocre the non-hits are.

There were a lot of hits on Bad, but man, the non-hits were just ... well, bad. (har har har) I don't feel the need to buy any of his albums now - that Essential collection is fabulous and is all I need.

If only it had We Are the World on it ....

{/random subjective potentially unpopular opinion}

Damn the video was removed.. I didnt get to see Joe the douchebag.

I think this is enough:

wjuz28.jpg

Taken on Friday, the day after Michael's death.

Found one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7im37UtGHkA

Here's a really sad but sweet article about the man who was more of a father to Michael than Joe ever was.:sad::love:
Quincy Jones Tears Up When Hearing Michael's Music - Michael Jackson, Quincy Jones : People.com

Also, there's a link at the end of the article to a new commemorative book that People is putting together about MJ that you can pre-order on Amazon. I'm thinking it's going to be hard to get copies of all the regular magazines that are going to be having the special issues, so I ordered it to be on the safe side in case I can't find the others.

Why cant the mom of the kids take custody?

I think the family's reasoning is that they don't know her but they do know his family.

If it's true that she never truly gave up her parental rights, I can't imagine a judge not giving the mother custody of the children (the biological ones anyway)

Why cant the mom of the kids take custody?

I don't think she wants them. I don't think they should go to her anyway. She hasn't taken an active part of their lives at all.

Jermaine or Janet, please. :(
Not to be mean, but Katherine is an old lady, and to lose another caregiver so soon is going to fuck those kids up.

Katherine and Joe haven't been living together for many years. He lives in Vegas, she lives in LA. At the moment I don't feel any option would be the best for these kids. I feel so sad for them. :sad:

It's all so sad. I can't say I was "shocked" by his death because somehow the way his life went, it almost seemed fated that it would end up this way. Awful to say but that's how I feel. It was shocking that such an icon passed away so suddenly-in that respect.

I'm very sorry for his kids. I don't even want to watch the video of his father because it will probably just tick me off. If he was abusive towards Michael well he should at least show some dignity now. I just hope that Michael had a will, because it will be holy hell if he didn't.

Such a talent but such a tormented man in so many ways. Such a shame that he ended up living the way he did, if even half of what's coming out is true. I was watching some of that Martin Bashir special on MSNBC over the weekend-when he's shopping in that store with all the gaudy expensive furniture it's like he's in a catatonic state. It was bizarre but ultimately just sad.

Jesus WHY did I watch that Video? what a complete tosser his father is :angry:

After watching that..........

Katherine and Joe haven't been living together for many years. He lives in Vegas, she lives in LA. At the moment I don't feel any option would be the best for these kids. I feel so sad for them. :sad:

Katherine has had a lucky escape if that is true! what a creep that father of his is! That man didn't care about his son! ALL he cared about is what he could get out of his death $£$£$£$£$£ :madwife:

Joe Jackson and Al Sharpton are doing a press conference right now. He can't even speak from the heart, it's all being read from a statement. :|

It probably has to be read so Joe doesn't start self promoting during the middle of it again. :angry:

He had someone else do it. It was him, Al Sharpton and a 3rd guy and the 3rd guy stepped in to plug Joe's latest project to "take kids off the street and train them to make hits" or something close to that.

What a vile, cold hearted piece of crap. :down:

Back
Top Bottom