R.I.P. Michael Jackson

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
TMZ, as usual, has a pdf copy of his will. In it he names Katherine as legal guardian, and in the event of her death...

Diana Ross.

wut?

He WAS very close to Diana at that time, he looked on her as a second mum, so it makes sense to me

the will most likely has what he would want now.

keep in mind it was written in 2002.

If I wrote a will in 2002. It would be (somewhat) different today.

It's not like he had stable women in his life, his bffs were Elizabeth Taylor, Liza Minelli and Diana Ross. That a whole lotta crazy right there.

Jive Turkey, that sounds awesome. :)

I picked up the Time magazine commemorative issue this afternoon. Last on on the shelf, btw. I haven't had time to read it yet but I flipped through, looking at all the pictures and captions. When I got to the back cover I had a small laugh.

pepsimjad.jpg

After a minute or so, I was surprised at just how sad I am about his death. I can't explain it. I was never a fanatic but tracks from Off the Wall, Thriller, and Bad downloaded to my computer long ago. Don't know why the pepsi ad, of all things, made me tear up.

A public dance party sounds really good about now. :)

I hope subscribers will be mailed that special issue. hope to have it in my mailbox this week.

I picked up that issue yesterday and read it all this morning. I am not sure why I've been so affected by his death. I have cried a few times out of sadness for the loss. It's not like I knew him and it's not a mourning or grieving sadness, but it has touched me very deeply. Probably because of all the memories that flood in when I hear his music..it takes me back to my childhood. And because of the public life he led, the judgements against him, his pain. And for what he meant to so many in the world, for his family that will now have to go on without him.

I imagine for people of my age group it's similar to what our parents felt when Elvis passed. Both gone suddenly and too soon....

I literally went to ten different stores looking for ANY magazine featuring Michael and found none. :sigh:

If anyone sees an extra Time, People, or Entertainment Weekly would you mind snagging an extra copy for me? I will pay for the shipping and cost of course. It's just that I live in such a populated area that finding any of them will be next to impossible.
And I'm never gonna sell it. So you don't have to worry about me scalping it. :wink:

I think People and EW come out on Fridays usually. I will be at my supermarket at 7 am bright and early, so if anyone here is also in my situation, I'd be glad to do it for you as well. And I don't mind having extra copies for friends or whatever, so if we both find them it's all good.

Some guy must have also been on the hunt right next to me because he was blasting MJ on his radio and going into all the same stores as me. :lol:

When I picked up the Time magazine at my bookstore, the manager had just gotten out of a conference call and she said that there will be 13 different magazines that will have Michael on the cover

The family should hold a private service this week end and bury Michael.
(of course, Joe should record it and offer it on Blu-Ray dvd, through his new lable, www.joejackson.ranchrecords.com)

in the near future a public memorial service at the L A Colosseum would be nice, holds about 100,000.
A donation of a toy or food item for the children of the world charity would be nice.

I read the contemporary accounts on Vanity Fair about the court cases. Pretty damning, frankly.

I see this is your first post in this thread > R.I.P. Michael Jackson

the consensus is that we just want to remember his contributions at this time.

The family should hold a private service this week end and bury Michael.
(of course, Joe should record it and offer it on Blu-Ray dvd, through his new lable, www.joejackson.ranchrecords.com)

in the near future a public memorial service at the L A Colosseum would be nice, holds about 100,000.
A donation of a toy or food item for the children of the world charity would be nice.

I wouldn't put it past his father, to do such a thing.

Great, but heartbreaking article from HuffPo. Some of the comments underneath are it even better than the article itself.

Dr. Judith Rich: "It Hurts To Be Me": Confessions Of Michael Jackson

ETA: I teared up again when I read this comment someone left.
blaqntelligence

I sound as mawkish and maudlin as any teeny bopper screaming Michael's name, but I will go to my grave believing that man died of a broken heart. In the end nothing could heal that broken heart. Not his children, his money, his fame, his fans, or his music.
Yesterday I listened to his song "Will You Be There?", and sadly, the answer was no. We were so busy trying to determine the paternity of his children, trying to figure out how much money he had and how to get our hands on it, taking bets on how many surgeries he'd really had, and trying out the next round of "Wacko Jacko" jokes, we forgot this was a real, feeling, hurting human being.
A human being who baldly asked us, begged us, pleaded with us to love him, to accept him, to listen to him.
What did we do?
Pointed and giggled at a caricature of our own creation....shook our heads at such a tragic sight...Passed judgement on a person we treated as property rather than a person.
And today? Trumpeted from the rooftops what a great man he was......the first 48 hours after his death.
Even in death his life is being picked at like a scab.
Now? He is being scolded because he, allegedly, never legally adopted his children...has, allegedly, left his father without a cent in his will.
In other words? Same bullshit, different day.

I just pre-ordered it from Barnes and Noble. No chances this time. It's gonna get framed right next to the George Harrison RS issue. :heart:

That's pretty awesome.

I'm guessing it's going to be the next regular issue. The last one I got in the mail (last week or the week before) was a double issue, so I'm not sure when that one will be mailed to subscribers.

If subscribers don't automatically get it, that's really freaking lame. I'm already starting to wonder if I'm SOL on the Time issue.

They are showing some dress rehearsal video on CNN. Apparently it was just released. Rehearsal video is from Tuesday, 2 days before he died.

Woohoo! A friend of mine found the Time magazine at our supermarket. She bought one for me. I think she said there were more. If anyone here wants one I can pick it up for you between today and tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom