Project Runway Is Finally Returning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Yeah, Tim Gunn's show is dull. Which is a shame, because Tim Gunn is so awesome. Whose bonehead idea was it to bring along Veronica Webb, anyway? :grumpy:

I've watched a few episodes of Tim Gunn's show. It's a bit predictable, but I like him so much that I don't mind it. It's helped me to learn a little about what to look for when you buy quality clothes. Now that I finally have a good job I can afford to start spending more on better quality clothes than I used to buy.

I think a much better show like Tim Gunn's show is What Not to Wear on TLC. The hosts are really funny.

I'm glad Project Runway will be back soon!

In this week's People there is a short feature on Tim-he has a small apartment in NYC and a small closet, most of his clothes are from Banana Republic. Now that he's with Liz Claiborne he hopes to buy more expensive clothes, I guess Bravo doesn't pay him that much (he says that Parsons definitely didn't). He even puts his shirts on wire hangers to create more space-oh the horror!:sad:

Most of his clothes are from Banana Republic? Isn't BR the sponsor of Project Runway? Maybe he had to say that.

I don't know, that's what he said. He probably got freebies from them :wink:. It just shattered all my illusions about his huge walk in closet full of fabulous Italian suits and such. I have a very strange crush on him..

I like Tim's show because it's very practical and realistic. I can't wait for PR to return, though. I wonder if Daniel V. will make an appearance this season. I do so heart him.

BonoIsMyMuse said:
Is the rumor I heard recently that Tim Gunn will no longer be involved with Project Runway true? :(

He's no longer at Parsons but his involvement in the show had nothing to do with Parsons. From all I've heard, he's still on PR. I can't imagine the show being as successful without Tim.

Tim Gunn, former chair of the department of fashion design at Parsons the New School for Design, achieved celebrity status when he appeared on the reality TV show Project Runway for three seasons. The elegant and erudite Gunn, 54, endeared himself both to the program's viewers and to its aspiring fashion designers. As adviser and critic to the contestants, who compete for cash, prizes, and the chance to continue on the show, he coined a phrase now familiar in fashion and fan circles, "Make it work," to goad designers on to glory. Although Gunn has left Project Runway and is now chief creative officer at Liz Claiborne Inc., he'll be back on the small screen this fall in Tim Gunn's Guide to Style, which begins this month on Bravo.

:sad:

That's the lead-in to an interview he did recently with the Chronicle of Higher Education about why it seems academics dress so poorly.

Read it here: http://chronicle.com/free/v54/i03/03b01202.htm

I thought there were rumors earlier this year that he wouldn't be back, but then he said he would be back ... I think if he weren't really coming back (especially this close to the new season), this would be bigger news in pop-culture land.

So I don't think it's true.

Tim is still shown and listed on the Bravo site for season four.

ff_tim_320x240.jpg

There was some great stuff. :up: I loved Chris's (I think?)dress, the deep purple one. :drool:

Is it just me, or do the models kind of suck though? I've never really paid much attention to them before, so maybe it is just me.

BonoFox1 said:
Ok it seems like they DO have some great designer this season!! that Elisa's dress was a total mess though :lol:

I actually liked the front of it and the sleeves, but the back? :coocoo: I don't even know what to say.

Irvine511 said:
omg, this show is so insanely addicting.

the best reality show ever.
:yes: I've seen so many nonstop reruns of this show and this year does look like some very good designers :hyper:

I liked Elisa's dress except for the thing hanging out the bottom :lol: and I loved the winner's dress alot and the purple one too.

Elisa's dress was a trainwreck. Well if she had cut off the train & finished it, it would have been fine. Felt sorry for Simone. There were some I didn't care for that the judges liked, but over all, looks like an interesting bunch

Make it work.

ylimeU2 said:
Is it just me, or do the models kind of suck though? I've never really paid much attention to them before, so maybe it is just me.

I was not impressed by the models at all. I end up paying attention to every detail related to that show. It is my favorite reality show. I can't wait until next week! :drool:

And yes, I watch all the marathons of Project Runway everytime they are on. :heart:

As usual there's some sort of upcoming drama-the guy with the really ripped neck :wink: That Sweet P lady with all the tattoos is friends with Jeffrey from last season, I read that somewhere.

Elisa's (sp?) idea to grass stain the fabric for an "organic" touch had me laughing so hard. And the shots of her waiting for the judges decision while ripping that 'thing' behind the dress even more!

Honestly, I sometimes like the designer's personal clothes better than the ones they make for the show. Being able to buy the winner's line on Bluefly will be nice too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom