Project Runway Is Finally Returning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lila64 said:
He's so FIERCE! :wink:
PR4christian.jpg

:lol:

yay! I think you could make a case for any of the top three in that last show, but he really was consistently the strongest throughout the season. AND he's so freaking young. What a talent!

Did anyone notice that as they were drawing out the suspense between the final two that Christian was totally tearing up and nervous and stuff? After his constant cockiness, it was kinda nice to see him show a softer side.

Still...dude is fierce. ;)

Congrats to Christian - had a feeling it would be him in the end. Thought all 3 collections were pretty solid for each designer. No horrid "what was he/she thinking" outfits. And I would have been alright with any of the 3 winning. I noticed the drawn out suspense at the end with just Christian & Rami, and how anxious Christian was. And I liked how it seemed that all 3 were supportive of each other :up:

I thought all of their collections were great, that gold second-to-last dress by Rami was one of the most beautiful dresses I have ever seen. I do think the show has lost something by having more professional designers.

I do have to wonder what the heck Christian will sell on Bluefly-who walks around with those crazy neck collars? Maybe women with strained necks-or hickeys :wink:

Christian's overall collection was very interesting and I loved the ruffle coat, the feather dress at the end not so much.

My big question is where can I buy Jillian's sweaters? Dang those things were gorgeous!

Awww, yay for Christian! I totally noticed him tearing up at the end, and it finally made me cry too when he was announced the winnter.

Love him.

MrsSpringsteen said:
You can bid on them on the PR web site, all the collections are up for bid for charity. Of course you'd have to win the lottery first.

Yeah I looked. I decided to buy groceries instead. Just don't tell her that I saved the pictures and am planning to copy them OK?

sulawesigirl4 said:
Did anyone notice that as they were drawing out the suspense between the final two that Christian was totally tearing up and nervous and stuff? After his constant cockiness, it was kinda nice to see him show a softer side.
i know! i was like "awww look at him, he's crying!!" :cute: i was sooooo happy for him when he won. i think he'll also be the first winner thus far who'll actually take the full package (mentorship, etc.) because while he's incredibly cocky, i think he realises he's still got a lot to learn. i was so impressed to see how he was on the final episode, where for the first time he was actually nervous looking at the other finalists' collections.

i don't think i could wear any of christian's outfits, since i'm not planning on walking a red carpet any time soon, but i'm still so glad he won. :up:

I was glad to see Christian win. All season, he most consistently made wearable, edgy clothing, and he had a clear vision but didn't rely on the same few techniques. I also feel like we saw him grow up a bit in the final episode. When you're that young, you act so cocky because you think you know something everyone else doesn't, and when you realize you don't, you get humble in a hurry. All season Christian kept saying he was the best, but when he made it to fashion week and realize he actually could be, it scared the hell out of him.

What surprised me most was that Jillian wasn't second. While her collection was a bit scattered, I think it was better made than Rami's. Then again, it may be that Jillian has a future in commercial fashion, where Rami has more potential in high fashion. I wasn't blown away by his collection, though. Yes, some of the dresses were gorgeous, but a few of them looked too similar for me.

It was a good season. I'm glad Top Chef starts next week in that time slot!

Here's a link to a great interview with Tim Gunn.

http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune.com/entertainment_tv/2008/03/project-runways.html

It's got this juicy bit about Victorya, which goes into more depthy about what a sourpuss bitch she appeared to be.

MR: Wasn’t Jack in the hospital for a week?

TG: “Yes, a week on an IV drip. And frankly, we needed to exit him through a story line. He was there about a day too long. Victorya in particular was so hysterical with me and with the producers, [saying] ‘What are you doing to him? He should stay.’ It’s like, ‘You know something, he should be in the hospital right now. Stop it, and stop being so selfish.’”

MR: I don’t really understand why she was so upset. Can you explain that to me?

TG: “She was sourpuss, a crabby apple as I keep saying, throughout almost all the show, other than Days 1, 2 and 3. She became this sour pill. Rich Bye, one of the executive producers, and I had two off camera interventions with her. I said to her, ‘You know what makes me beside myself is the fact that there are thousands of designers who would love to be in your place. What’s the matter with you?’

“She said, ‘I never dreamed the experience of being on the show would be like this.’ We said, ‘What do you mean?’ ‘I never dreamed we’d only have a day for challenges, that we wouldn’t have any breaks.’ ‘But you said you saw the show.’ She said, ‘I assumed it was cheated.’ I said, ‘Then you only have your own delusions to blame.’ She was really angry and bitter.

“On one occasion – they edited this out, I knew they would – we were at Mood [Fabrics], and I’m handing out money. They each have $250 dollars. She collects the envelopes from all the designers and hands them back to me. She said, ‘I want you to count it.’ I just stared at her. ‘You want me to do what?’

“She wanted me to count the money in each envelope. I looked to the producer on site with us, and I said, ‘I’m not doing this, am I?’ and he said, ‘The rules say that if a designer asks for the money to be counted, we have to count it.’ I said, ‘Fine,’ and asked why she wanted it counted. And she had pulled out this sheaf of papers – she had the rules with her – and she said, ‘I don’t believe that we all have the same amount of money.’ Why would we do that? If someone didn’t have the right amount, wouldn’t they come to me? So I counted the money.

“But that’s what it was like dealing with her. She actually said about Jack’s departure that we had engineered him leaving because he wasn’t a pretty face anymore. I just said to her, ‘I fundamentally don’t understand why you can’t understand that he is seriously ill. Furthermore, it’s a MRSA [infection]. We are all at risk.’ But she said we were forcing him out and that shouldn’t happen and we should have a hearing or something.”

Aaaaannd Victorya responds!

http://bloggingprojectrunway.blogspot.com/2008/03/victorya-responds.html

I dunno. I might be blinded by all my eye-rolling, but the only thing I got out of that was that she thinks Tim Gunn isn't really qualified for his role on the show.

On the one hand, she doesn't really defend herself against Tim's accusations. On the other hand, should she really have to? Part of me is feeling a little "ha! I knew it" that she's not really setting any record straight, on the other hand, I guess good for her for not getting into a "he said she said" kind of thing.

I still don't like her, and I think she's wrong about Tim. But whatever.

corianderstem said:
Here's a link to a great interview with Tim Gunn.

http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune.com/entertainment_tv/2008/03/project-runways.html

It's got this juicy bit about Victorya, which goes into more depthy about what a sourpuss bitch she appeared to be.

MR: Wasn’t Jack in the hospital for a week?

TG: “Yes, a week on an IV drip. And frankly, we needed to exit him through a story line. He was there about a day too long. Victorya in particular was so hysterical with me and with the producers, [saying] ‘What are you doing to him? He should stay.’ It’s like, ‘You know something, he should be in the hospital right now. Stop it, and stop being so selfish.’”

MR: I don’t really understand why she was so upset. Can you explain that to me?

TG: “She was sourpuss, a crabby apple as I keep saying, throughout almost all the show, other than Days 1, 2 and 3. She became this sour pill. Rich Bye, one of the executive producers, and I had two off camera interventions with her. I said to her, ‘You know what makes me beside myself is the fact that there are thousands of designers who would love to be in your place. What’s the matter with you?’

“She said, ‘I never dreamed the experience of being on the show would be like this.’ We said, ‘What do you mean?’ ‘I never dreamed we’d only have a day for challenges, that we wouldn’t have any breaks.’ ‘But you said you saw the show.’ She said, ‘I assumed it was cheated.’ I said, ‘Then you only have your own delusions to blame.’ She was really angry and bitter.

“On one occasion – they edited this out, I knew they would – we were at Mood [Fabrics], and I’m handing out money. They each have $250 dollars. She collects the envelopes from all the designers and hands them back to me. She said, ‘I want you to count it.’ I just stared at her. ‘You want me to do what?’

“She wanted me to count the money in each envelope. I looked to the producer on site with us, and I said, ‘I’m not doing this, am I?’ and he said, ‘The rules say that if a designer asks for the money to be counted, we have to count it.’ I said, ‘Fine,’ and asked why she wanted it counted. And she had pulled out this sheaf of papers – she had the rules with her – and she said, ‘I don’t believe that we all have the same amount of money.’ Why would we do that? If someone didn’t have the right amount, wouldn’t they come to me? So I counted the money.

“But that’s what it was like dealing with her. She actually said about Jack’s departure that we had engineered him leaving because he wasn’t a pretty face anymore. I just said to her, ‘I fundamentally don’t understand why you can’t understand that he is seriously ill. Furthermore, it’s a MRSA [infection]. We are all at risk.’ But she said we were forcing him out and that shouldn’t happen and we should have a hearing or something.”

WOW! Tim Gunn really had Victoryas character dead on!!!

I was not able to watch the original bradcast of this but caught the reuns last night.....all 3 did a fantastic job! truly I loved some of Jillian's pieces :drool: very girly girl...and the woven pieces of Rami's were awesome!...have to admit that I agree Christian deserved to win....he was so consistant throughout the whole thing...so Congrats to him!

NY Times

April 7, 2008
NBC Goes to Court to Keep ‘Runway’
By BILL CARTER

NBC Universal, the parent company of Bravo network, has gone to court to try to keep “Project Runway,” one of the biggest hits in cable television, from moving to Lifetime this fall.

In a lawsuit filed Monday in state court in Manhattan, NBC accused the owner of “Project Runway,” the Weinstein Company, of violating its rights by making the deal with Lifetime.

The suit asserts Harvey Weinstein, the chief executive of the Weinstein Company, promised NBC that it would have an opportunity to match any offer to the rights of “Project Runway” and that instead, Mr. Weinstein concluded a deal with Lifetime on Feb. 7, even though he continued to negotiate with NBC Universal for two more months.

In a statement, NBC said “NBC Universal has continuing rights related to ‘Project Runway,’ including a right of first refusal to future cycles of the series, which the Weinstein Company unfortunately has refused to honor.”

David Boies, the lawyer for the Weinstein Company, said in a statement: “We believe that this lawsuit is without merit. While good for the market for lawyers, it is always unfortunate when parties try to win in court what they have lost in the marketplace.”

The president of Lifetime, Andrea Wong, said, “I could not be more excited that ‘Project Runway’ is coming to Lifetime.”

The show is scheduled to start on Lifetime in November, Ms. Wong said — though it will have to squeeze in one more cycle on Bravo before that.

But Ms. Wong said, “It would not be appropriate for me to comment on the lawsuit because we are not a party to it.” She added, “We have a signed contract with the Weinstein Company to acquire the show.”

Ms. Wong said she was unaware that the Weinstein Company had continued to negotiate with NBC after the contract had been signed.

It its suit, NBC argues that a clause in its original contract with the Weinstein Company would have prevented any network that acquired the rights from putting the program on the air for a year.

In exchange for dropping that condition, NBC claims in its suit that it received a promise from the Weinstein Company that it would have a right of first refusal, which meant NBC could have tried to match another network’s bid for the show.

The terms of the deal were not announced, but one executive involved in the negotiation said estimated the cost to Lifetime at over $150 million.

Even if NBC had retained the rights to the show, it was surely going to move off Bravo anyway. In initial talks with the Weinstein Company, one condition was that “Project Runway” would have to move to a larger network. NBC Universal had promised to do so, moving it either to the USA cable network, or perhaps even its broadcast network, NBC.

Does it make a huge difference what station it is on? Is Lifetime on par with Bravo as far as cable subscription/packages goes?

And more importantly - isnt it time for another season of Canadian Project Runway? I need my Iman fix now dammit!

thatsnotmypuppy said:
Does it make a huge difference what station it is on? Is Lifetime on par with Bravo as far as cable subscription/packages goes?
yeah, that's what i don't get. they're trading one cable channel for another :scratch: afaik bravo isn't a "premium" channel or anything you have to pay more for; i think they're both featured in cable and satellite's basic packages.

He was super gay.

Like intensively gay.

I mean, I'm not gay but he made me curious just for him.

I want to be in a close room to see what happens.

KhanadaRhodes said:

yeah, that's what i don't get. they're trading one cable channel for another :scratch: afaik bravo isn't a "premium" channel or anything you have to pay more for; i think they're both featured in cable and satellite's basic packages.

It seems that Bravo and Lifetime have much different target audiences, and therein could lie the problem with the change of networks. Bravo seems more liberal and hipper--it seems to me Project Runway won't appeal as much to the kind of viewers who tune in for the Lifetime (super melodramatic) movie of the week. I think people who follow the show will still watch it on Lifetime, but I have a hard time believing it's going to boost Lifetime's ratings overall.

Christian is going to be on Ugly Betty, I read that somewhere

Access Hollywood
updated 5:00 p.m. ET, Mon., April. 14, 2008

LOS ANGELES - “Project Runway” style mentor Tim Gunn is known for imparting sound advice to the show’s hopefuls, some of which included, “Don’t upset Nina!”

However, Elle magazine was apparently not listening to Gunn.

Nina Garcia, a judge on Bravo’s “Runway,” has reportedly been fired as fashion director of Elle magazine, according to Us Weekly.

Garcia’s position at Elle is described as working “closely with top designers and stylists and pinpoints the trends of the season in her monthly mission to develop the ultimate look book and shopping guide for stylish women around the globe,” according to her biography on Bravo’s Web site.

A rep for Elle magazine could not be reached for comment.

whoa. that's...surprising.

and you know, unless i missed it, i've got a subscription to elle magazine, and i've been waiting for the cover/spread from christian and his model (can't remember her name...oops) and i've not seen it. last month i thought "well it's too soon since the finale, they probably haven't had time to complete everything" but then when i saw this month's issue with madonna on the cover? i was like "uhhh...what about project runway?" unless they're gonna do it next month :huh: or like i said, i totally missed it. but i read every issue, so i don't see how i could've.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom