Peter Graves - R.I.P.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lila64

Blue Crack Distributor
Peter Graves, star of the television series "Mission Impossible" and the "Airplane" films, has died.

Publicist Sandy Brokaw says Graves died at his Los Angeles home Sunday just after returning home from brunch with his family. He was 83.

Graves was best known for his portrayal of Jim Phelps, leader of a gang of special agents who battled evil conspirators in the long-running television series "Mission: Impossible."

Normally cast as a hero, he turned in an unforgettable performance early in his career as the treacherous Nazi spy in Billy Wilder's 1953 prisoner-of-war drama "Stalag 17."

He also masterfully lampooned his straight-arrow image when he portrayed bumbling airline pilot Clarence Oveur in the 1980 disaster movie spoof "Airplane!"

Read more: 'Mission: Impossible' star Peter Graves dies in LA

missionimpossible-petergraves.jpg

Joey, do you like movies about gladiators?

airplane.jpg

:(

I loved Mission Impossible when I was a kid. :) And he was a hoot in Airplane!

I hate that all the actors/actresses I remember are dying off. :(

I can remember watching this in the morning as I got ready for school. A local station got the syndication rights and would show it. I loved Peter Graves in it and that black stallion
"Fury" (1955)
Fury!

Mission Impossible, Airplane, heck I even watched Peter Graves in 7th Heaven.

RIP Peter :(

I thought of Airplane immediately when I heard that he died-that movie is so damn funny. I don't suppose they'd put a line from it on his headstone, even though that would be awesome :wink:

I always thought he & his brother (James Arness) were both all-American guys along the lines of John Wayne, which made his deadpan delivery in Airplane that much funnier to me. I haven't watched that movie in years - think I'll have to locate myself a copy & pay tribute this weekend.

RIP, Mr. Graves. :sad:

Back
Top Bottom