Parks and Recreation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Amy Poehler's character becomes more competent (I recall in season one she was a bad Michael Scott knockoff - not true for season two) and Ron Swanson becomes the ultimate badass. Seriously, Ron Swanson is probably the best character on TV right now.

They figured everything out in season two, much like The Office did.

And Louie CK appears for some episodes and it's awesome.

The show did start off as a total "Office" clone, with Paul Schneider who played John Krasinski's brother in "Away We Go" playing a Jim Halpert-light role. After the first few episodes, it definitely built up its own personality and quirks, and I now watch it every week. I gave up on "The Office" two seasons ago.

haha, I totally buy both ends of the Anne/Chris breakup.

Anne feeling better as Leslie told her breakup stories was a fun parallel to Anne making Leslie realize the dinner date wasn't a big deal from Season 2.

Wait...wait...I worry what you just heard was "give me a lot of bacon and eggs."

What I said was "Give me all of the bacon and eggs you have. You understand?"

Was I wearing a tiara when I came in here? Because if you happen upon it, would you have Lady Pennyface retrieve it and send it post-hence?

Well, yeah. Tom's reaction shots are uniformly great.

tumblr_l5s9ihO1Nb1qc41a4o1_250.gif

tumblr_l5s8eyqvkI1qc41a4o1_250.gif

2j304mo.gifs

Also, that Jabba the Hutt video is wonderful.

Well I've finished the second season. Whilst I don't like Parks & Rec as much as I do Community (or even The Office for that matter) it is very good. And the last two or three episodes of the season, with the blokes from Brothers & Sisters and Step Brothers respectively were both extremely good, hope they stick around. My other favourite episodes were Ron getting Woman of the Year, Ron reacquainting his ex-wife, Jerry being mugged, the 93 meetings, the gay penguins, and the hunting episode. I also hope Dave the likable cop will be back, I was bummed he got sucked out of the show. Still not a big fan of April or Ann, even Andy to an extent, but they're small complaints. Really wish TV here would pick up all these great shows and air them properly.

Aaaaaand I just read Mark won't be back! That's a real disappointment.

I also hope Dave the likable cop will be back, I was bummed he got sucked out of the show. Still not a big fan of April or Ann, even Andy to an extent, but they're small complaints. Really wish TV here would pick up all these great shows and air them properly.

Aaaaaand I just read Mark won't be back! That's a real disappointment.
Mark leaving the show is one of the things that I love, actually. Complete dead weight and the other characters get on fine without him.

I liked him as a foil for Leslie. Would have been interesting to see his character explored a bit more. But judging by your reactions in hear and stuff I've seen online, season three is stellar.

Adam Scott is a much more capable straight man, as any Party Down aficionado knows.

So, the Harvest Festival episode ruled.

Ron solving everyone's problems on the ferris wheel as only Ron can.

I thought the Harvest Festival episode under-performed in the laughs department a bit considering the show's high quality this season.

The only thing I don't like is the whole "miscommunication makes April mad" thing that feels like has been played out before.

"The atrocities are in blue" killed me.

Back
Top Bottom