Oscars Talk Thread 2013: It's a big night for Affleck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
damnit. i was hoping anne would be wearing her red carpet dress...

Yay, this was the thing I was waiting for!

Edit .... oh. I was led to believe they'd be singing One Day More, not the boring new song they had in the movie.

Well, it's the one nominated. They only really perform the nominated songs at the Oscars.

How do you feel about them adding a song to a musical that's already been around so long?

EDIT: Wait, is it a montage?

Doesn't really bother me. I liked the new song they put in Evita.

Man, the Eponine actress's waist is so tiny.

The edits and key changes they've done in this song are messing with my head.

Ok, I haven't seen this damn musical, are they performing a different song from the movie and not the one that's nominated?

homer+simpson.jpg

The song Hugh sang coming out is the nominated one, and then it morphed into One Day More, although they cheated by having Anne Hathaway singing in it, because her character is dead by that point in the movie.

They did some funky editing with the song. It was weird.

Ok, I haven't seen this damn musical, are they performing a different song from the movie and not the one that's nominated?

Was a weird sort of monster thing... I think.

Poor Russel Crowe having to embarrass himself again live.

The song Hugh sang coming out is the nominated one, and then it morphed into One Day More, although they cheated by having Anne Hathaway singing in it, because her character is dead by that point in the movie.

They did some funky editing with the song. It was weird.

Almost sounds to me like they have no faith in the song winning the award and just performed something epic-looking instead :lol:

SPOILERS CORI!!! :wink:

Spoily McMovieruiner

I thought all the million articles about how Anne Hathaway knocked it out of the part in her brief role as a dying prostitute spoiled it long before I said it here.

Are you talking about Haneke?

ok, I sure got that wrong, Austrian film in French language with German director.

most people are referring to Amour as that French film, not the Austrian film

I really like Haneke's The White Ribbon, Cache' and The Piano Teacher

I have dealt with quite a few old people, Amour is just what happens, read a newspaper, old people go out in a bad way.

I thought all the million articles about how Anne Hathaway knocked it out of the part in her brief role as a dying prostitute spoiled it long before I said it here.

I can't believe you're making me admit this again, but I already told you I don't know how to read

So Ted is about how Peter Griffin is reincarnated as a bear? Nobody cared enough to spoil that one for me.

Back
Top Bottom