OSCARS - Acadamy Awards !! - do we even care???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't find that one so awkward since he does it all the fucking time.

Guess I should watch this, even though I've already missed the intro and apparently some Guest stuff :(

I'm a huge fan of those little cutaways to the creatives talking about their craft, it's a shame they get so little time.

Guess I should watch this, even though I've already missed the intro and apparently some Guest stuff :(

The Guest thing was the Guest crew in a sketch that was "what if they'd done a focus group for The Wizard of Oz?" It was pretty funny.

Chloe A. Hilliard ‏ @Chloe_Hilliard
The only way I would play a maid is if my character gets to poison the family she works her.

Hugo is raking in all the peripheral awards.

oh jesus, cirque de soleil is coming up?

STOP IT

stop it right now

isn't this an argument in favor of live theater performance?

Is it just me, or is there a LOT of extra filler this year? We're only an hour in, fer chrissakes!

just in case anyone does not know
Cirque Du Soleil has the Kodak Theater under contract right now.

they have a show called IRIS, about the History of Hollywood.

they spent 65 million dollars, to alter the building.

well, they had to close down for The Oscars, so my guess this was part of the agreement.

Oh man, it's the category I've never been so fucking angry about in all of time. For the love of God, let's go Rango.

They showed it at a cool theater in Seattle (in 3D) and Wim Wenders was there for a Q&A. Not something I normally attend, but I wanted to see the movie, so I was all "what the heck, why not?"

I'm not into modern dance at all, but parts of it were really quite breathtaking. Really great use of 3D.

Is Ben Stiller really that short? Emma Stone really that tall? Or is this part of the "visual effects" joke?

Back
Top Bottom