New Fall shows

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Whaaaaaaat. I'm all caught up and cant wait to see what happens next.

It's definitely picked up in the past few weeks. Was peeved that last night was a rerun. Boo.

I stopped watching Pan Am. It was pretty good, but I needed to let go of something, and that was the first on the list.

Also done with X Factor. Now that they have their final 12, I realized I wasn't all that interested in finding out who won. Plus, Nicole Scherzinger is fucking annoying.

I still think X-Fator is way better than any Idols in the past few years.

I do like this panel, I like Simon and Paula getting a long. And Paula has shown she does have something to bring to the table. I think Simon is the worse mentor. His group is deep in talent. And he does little for them but get in the way. I think that Drew kid is real cute and sweet, I'd like to see her go far.

It is kind of a weird hodge-podge, 14? to 60.

I think when the public starts to weigh in the oldsters will start dropping like flies.

Yeah, I didn't feel the rage and annoyance I used to feel in the last few seasons of Idol. I don't think it's awful, and was enjoying the process once they narrowed down the field and then through last night.

Just am not all that interested in seeing who wins. Maybe I'll watch again a little further down the line. Maybe not.

I was hugely relieved (even though I swear I don't care) when that irritating Dexter guy got the boot. I thought for sure Leroy Bell was going to get cut instead. I have no idea how Dexter made it this far. He's frigging awful.

Was also pleased to see Tiah and Simone get cut - I couldn't even watch all of Tiah's song, it was so annoying. And Drew's Flashdance? Nothing but a compilation of overly-forced vocal quirks. God, I hated both of those performances.

Allen Gregory is clearly low budget though.....and I think Bob's Burgers was renewed for the same reason. FOX is willing to accept lower ratings if the production costs are enough to make up for it. That said, I do agree that it looks absolutely atrocious and I'd be amazed if it found an audience at all.

Bob's Burgers is pretty funny and quirky, but it helps that I like the people who do the voices, too.

Oh that must be why I cant find it online.

I'm guessing it was World-Series related (but there wasn't a game last night ... was there supposed to be? I'm so confused), but my DVR still thought it was a new episode and recorded it. I thought it was supposed to be smarter than that. :angry:

Okay, so Revenge is really awesome. Two more to go, and I'm caught up.

This is probably the first season in a long time where I'm still watching most of the new shows (or at least more than one or two new shows). I usually lose interest pretty quickly, or have to drop something because I've just got too much on the schedule.

Yeah, I think it picked up after the first handful of episodes - I definitely want to see where it's going.

I hadn't, but a friend of mine who is heavily into TV and pretty much checks out everything (she works for one of the big networks) said it was awful, and looked awful, production-wise, like they'd spent $100 on it. (As opposed to Once Upon a Time, which looked like a million bucks.)

I believe she described it as having the most appropriate title ever, as the show overall was very grim. har har.

Which is second-hand information and you might not care about the opinion of a friend of a friend, but it was enough to convince me not to bother. :)

Grimm was okay. I'll give it at least one more episode to peak my interest more. It's not very well written, but the story and characters are good enough.
As I said on FB, so far, it's like a not-funny Reaper.

Ha!

I'd forgotten about Reaper.

I'm not sure if I'll stick with Once Upon a Time. I'll give it another week or two, but it wasn't really holding my attention this time.

Grimm was okay. I'll give it at least one more episode to peak my interest more. It's not very well written, but the story and characters are good enough.
As I said on FB, so far, it's like a not-funny Reaper.

Grimm is better than Once Upon A Time.
I'm done with Once, the second episode could not hold my interest.

Grimm is a little bit like X-Files, I heard somewhere that the writer? producer was the same people as Buffy, Angel series. I never watched those.
But this pilot was way better than Once Upon A Time. This story is not as convoluted.

I dropped Once Upon a Time and Enlightened, solely because I've just got too many shows going, and those were the two I was thinking "ehhhh, I'll give them one more week."

I'm definitely getting on board the New Girl bandwagon; I just watched the 11/1 episode and the show's finally starting to get all 4 roommates' characters clicking. They've got a good ear for dialogue and some nice visual gags sprinkled in, which is enough to elevate it to the Community/P&R level of attention for me.

The "I can't say 'penis' " joke was juvenile and made her look like a complete idiot, but I laughed so hard at that segment.

"Not in Swedish."

:lol:

Part of it had to do with my memory of a college friend who said that she couldn't say the word "vagina." (She could, of course. It was just a random thing she'd decided to joke about.)

Bob's Burgers is pretty funny and quirky, but it helps that I like the people who do the voices, too.

It's not as strong as some of Bouchard's other projects, but it's not that I expected Bob's Burgers to be on the same level as Dr. Katz or Home Movies. It has plenty of laughs even if it's rather irritating how they tend to hammer jokes over-and-over.

It's not as strong as some of Bouchard's other projects, but it's not that I expected Bob's Burgers to be on the same level as Dr. Katz or Home Movies. It has plenty of laughs even if it's rather irritating how they tend to hammer jokes over-and-over.

It's not, but I'm okay with that.

I'm not irritated by the jokes. I think I chalk it up to their incredibly dysfunctional family.

Ringer is getting a little too convoluted now (OK the whole concept is convoluted, but its ridiculous that every character introduced is involved with both sisters somehow, even on different continents)

ha ha
when I saw this thread was bumped, three words were floating around in my head*, then I opened it

* ringer, too, convoluted.

I was wondering the same thing last week and looked it up. A new episode airs this coming Sunday. That probably wasn't the wisest decision for a show that isn't doing very well. I like it, but I know it's on shaky ground, and they'll probably have lost some viewers with a few week break. :tsk:

Back
Top Bottom