NBC late-night is changing in 2009

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So has anybody caught Late Night With Jimmy Fallon this week? Initial thoughts?

Also, I know this thread is about NBC late-night changing, but I'm also curious about what the future of CBS late-night holds. Letterman can't be planning on doing this too much longer...who replaces him when he's gone? I don't think CBS will give The Late Show to just anyone. When Craig Kilborn quit The Late Late Show, there were murmurs that a major reason was because CBS basically told him that he wouldn't get the Late Show when Letterman retires. This leads me to believe that CBS knows who they want. I think they have a short list and I have believed for some time that Jon Stewart is near the top if not at the top of that short list. The fact that Stewart's current contract with Comedy Central ends at the end of 2010 only adds weight to that theory. I think he's CBS's first choice, I think Letterman may well retire in the next few years, and I think CBS will offer Stewart the moon, the stars, and the sun. I think it is the only thing Stewart would consider leaving The Daily Show for.

I've seen a couple of clips online, but I haven't made a conscious effort to tune in.

I thought the dance-off with Cameron Diaz was pretty funny. :shrug:

I went online and watched the first ten minutes of Fallon's show. It's just like his SNL skits: he's not funny, his comedic timing is terrible, and he giggles out of place constantly.

I went online and watched the first ten minutes of Fallon's show. It's just like his SNL skits: he's not funny, his comedic timing is terrible, and he giggles out of place constantly.

He was barely competent as a Weekend Update correspondent, even when he had decent chemistry with Tina Fey.

The only sketch where he's actually been the source of the humor is the Barry Gibb Show.

didn't watch, and don't care, though they did show a few seconds of the Cameron Diaz dance-off on Talk Soup (that's all I've seen). I tried to watch a few minutes with Dinero earlir in the week, but couldn't stomach it.

I watched Fallon most of the week. Highlights were the Tina Fey and Drew Barrymore interviews, Justin Timberlake was the funniest and Dineo was pretty good but that was it. Loved the Lick it for $10 bits!! Not so sure he's gonna make it in the Late night wars tho.

Back
Top Bottom