Movies that make you cry:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Remember when Godzilla dies after destroying Tokyo. It's so sad :sad: :wink: Or does he die? :eek:

I tear up in Gilbert Grape at the end when Juliette Lewis comes rolling up in the trailer to pick up Johnny Depp, and Arnie is so happy.

No spoken words said:

Red Sox fans don't cry, damnit.

I'm thinking hard about whether a funny scene put me on the floor......I don't think so. The nude wrestling scene in Borat really did hurt my ribs at one point, though. There's no point in ever watching that scene again, I'll never laugh as hard at is as I did while watching it in a full theater.
Yeah, you can never find it as funny the second time around, its still funny, but there is no way it can put you into such a hysterical state of laughter.
As for the wrestling scene in Borat, I found it a combination of funny and disturbing, in fact a couple minutes more or Borat 69ing with his oh so sexy nekkid manager and I may have cried.

hardyharhar said:
Remember when Godzilla dies after destroying Tokyo. It's so sad :sad: :wink: Or does he die? :eek:
Gojira just goes to sleep, waking up when his alarm goes off and its time to go to work again, whether its his day job of terrorizing Tokyo or his second job of saving Tokyo from the real bad monsters.

WinnieThePoo said:
And Then There Was Terminator 3 .......
:mad:

The super hot female terminator was the only thing worth watching.

Other than that, shitfest '03.

Thought of another one. I think it's called In America. ABout a poor Irish family that moves to NYC and befriends their neighbor who is dying of AIDS. At the end, the two daughters make the dad come out on the balcony and wave bye to the star that is supposed to be their little brother who died tragically. :(

Stand By Me (heartbreaking and hilarious)
Rudy
Saving Private Ryan
Forrest Gump
Philadelphia
Terms of Endearment
The Green Mile
Dead Poets Society
E.T.
Steel Magnolias
Big Fish
Where The Red Fern Grows (really any movie where the person's pet dies :sad:)
The Pianist
Schindler's List (don't think I can watch that movie again)

I'm sure there are more but I'll stop for now. :D

The monolouge from Forrest Gump makes me bawl:
"You died on a Saturday morning, and I had you placed here, under our tree. And I had that house of your father's bulldozed to the ground... Mama always said dying was a part of life. I sure wish it wasn't.... Little Forrest, he's doing just fine. 'Bout to start school again soon... I make his breakfast, lunch and dinner everyday. I make sure he combs his hair and brushes his teeth everyday. Teaching him how to play ping-pong. He's really good. We fish a lot. And everynight we read a book- and he's SO smart Jenny...you'd be so proud of him, I am. He, uh, wrote you a letter, but he says I can't read it, I'm not supposed to, so I'll just leave it here for you. Jenny, I don't know if Mama's right or if its Lieutenant Dan, I don't know if we each have a destiny or if we're all floating around accidental, like on a breeze. But I think maybe its both, maybe both is happening at the same time. I miss you, Jenny. If there's anything you need, I won't be far away."

and...

Awakenings:

The part where De Niro's medicine is no longer working and sits in the cafeteria twitching and shaking as he tells the girl he has feelings for that he can no longer see her because he doesn't want her to see him deterioate and as he tries to leave, she grabs his hand and makes him dance with her because she remembers he never had danced with a woman before....and he stops shaking.
Oh my god...that kills me! :sad:

Last edited:
hardyharhar said:
Thought of another one. I think it's called In America. ABout a poor Irish family that moves to NYC and befriends their neighbor who is dying of AIDS. At the end, the two daughters make the dad come out on the balcony and wave bye to the star that is supposed to be their little brother who died tragically. :(

I cried during that movie too. That was a great one!

Finding Neverland. I bawl my eyes out during the ending.

*cough* And I cry in Pocahontas when John Smith is leaving on the boat, and in the special edition when they sing "If I Never Knew You". *cough* :grumpy:

There's a lot let me think...

Lord of the Rings, yep. :nerd:

Any movie where a dog or really any animal dies or gets left behind or has to be given away. I am such a sissy. :lol:

Dead Poets Society, DEFINITELY! I was the only one who cried in my whole English class when we watched it. "O Captain My Captain!" That's where I really cry.

Hmm what else...

Oh, any movie involving cancer I refuse to watch. So it's a given that those make me cry.

Oh! DUH! The Passion of the Christ. Jesus of Nazareth. Those kind of movies.

I need a bigger post box. :wink:

Last edited:
starsgoblue said:
The monolouge from Forrest Gump makes me bawl:
"You died on a Saturday morning, and I had you placed here, under our tree. And I had that house of your father's bulldozed to the ground... Mama always said dying was a part of life. I sure wish it wasn't.... Little Forrest, he's doing just fine. 'Bout to start school again soon... I make his breakfast, lunch and dinner everyday. I make sure he combs his hair and brushes his teeth everyday. Teaching him how to play ping-pong. He's really good. We fish a lot. And everynight we read a book- and he's SO smart Jenny...you'd be so proud of him, I am. He, uh, wrote you a letter, but he says I can't read it, I'm not supposed to, so I'll just leave it here for you. Jenny, I don't know if Mama's right or if its Lieutenant Dan, I don't know if we each have a destiny or if we're all floating around accidental, like on a breeze. But I think maybe its both, maybe both is happening at the same time. I miss you, Jenny. If there's anything you need, I won't be far away."
That makes me cry every time like no other movie can.

I laughed like hell during The Notebook. That movie was so melodramatic, but I still liked Gosling in it.

I stopped the DVD midway through the movie and built a house for my lover.

:lol:

I liked The Notebook more than I thought I would. I thought the ending was a bit much, but yeah, Ryan Gosling & Rachel McAdams = :up:

I cry a lot during movies, I think it's the only time I can really cry :hmm: I'm surprised nobody's mentioned In the Name of the Father yet. That scene where they drop the burning paper from the window after Guiseppe's death is a real tearjerker.

Grave of the Fireflies made me weep for about a whole week after seeing it, still can't go back to it 2 years later.

Also, United 93.

Back
Top Bottom