Movies that make you cry:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maybe Titanic is more of a chick thing, it just did not impact me. Thought it was a silly film.

Brian's Song, oh wow, good one.

Anyone here ever see Bang the Drum Slowly? Also sad.

Maybe I'm a softy, but I cry at the end of The Life Aquatic when Steve finally sees the Jaguar Shark.

It doesn't help that a Sigur Ros song is playing in the background either.

Forrest Gump!

"What's my destiny momma?", when he finds out he has a son, Lt. Dan after the storm, Bubba asking to go home. God, gets me every time...

I'll also add

Awakenings with Robin Williams and Bobby DeNiro. Depressing fucking movie.

Spielberg's A.I.

And I get teary-eyed during the finale of Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.

Dead Poet's Society

Stepmom, as mentioned earlier
>I had seen this in a theater with two female friends. Didn't have any tissues with me except one crumpled up old one laying around my purse. I was a mess at the end of that movie :sad:

Never cried watching Field of Dreams. Guess that's a guy thing :wink:

I think the thing with Field of Dreams is that a son's relationship with his dad is always going to have some unspoken barriers in it, some regrets, some things you didn't want to do with him cause you were young and stupid and trying to stand apart from him. Kevin Costner saying, "You wanna have a catch" is his way of trying to make up for some of that, and goddamn, it's sad, but in a beautiful way, and ..... yeah. I see those things with my father all the time.

To me, the reason it's so sad is either A.) you lost your father and it's too late to make right or B.) Your father is still alive but you still can't get over that stupid pride/independence thing, and though you probably know the right thing to do (ie, "Wanna have a catch") you know you're not going to do it. That's sad.

It's got nothing to do with baseball. Baseball is just a metaphor for something father's and sons have together: fathers teach their sons how to catch and throw, and then the kid outgrows wanting to play catch with his father, there's really no good reason for it, you know it hurts your father, but it happens.

/ :ramble: :rant:

Last edited:
Lila64 said:
Dead Poet's Society

Stepmom, as mentioned earlier
>I had seen this in a theater with two female friends. Didn't have any tissues with me except one crumpled up old one laying around my purse. I was a mess at the end of that movie :sad:

Never cried watching Field of Dreams. Guess that's a guy thing :wink:

:shrug:not really...I wail like a baby everytime I see it...:sad:

and the last time I checked I think I am still a girl...:wink:

No spoken words said:
What in Amadeus made you cry?

I don't quite remember. I just remember crying! Maybe I was all overcome by the Requiem playing during his death scene.

I know it's just a fictionalized version of things, but such a talent, gone so young. Perfection poured out of his brain onto paper.

randhail said:
Transformers: The Movie made me cry a whole bunch when I was younger. Even as I got it older, it still made me tear up.

i think i locked myself in my room and refused to speak for a week after Optimus died.

samwise.jpg

Rudy! Rudy! Rudy! Rudy!

:sad:

My number 1 cry movie...Out of Africa...I cried almost the entire movie....and now if I even hear the music or see a snippet, I tear up:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

and Edward Scissorhands :sad: :sad:

Philadelphia :sad: :sad: :sad:

I used to be such a hard ass and never cry at movies...now I cry ALL the time:|

The Color Purple

Oh my god, ya'll. I can watch the last five minutes only and bawl like a baby.

Ditto The Joy Luck Club. I watched it a few years ago and was kind of "this is it? I kept hearing over and over again what a tearjerker it was." I teared up a few times, but nothing big.

Then I got to the very last scene and completely lost my shit.

:sad: :sad: :sad:

Big Fish
Forrest Gump
Cast Away (Wilson :sad: )
The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King (the end, when everyone kneels to the hobbits, and when Frodo tells them he's leaving)

Last edited:
I try to get sad when Wilson floats away, but I keep reminding myself it's just a freakin' ball :wink:

Sense & Sensibility at the end when Kate Winslet's little sister is looking in the window at Hugh Grant proposing to Emma Thompson.

Babe (the pig, not Babe Ruth) :wink:
Papillon - the end when Dustin Hoffman watches Steve McQueen float away to freedom

there must be more............

Wilson! I'm sorry! :sad:

I bet you Wilson is bobbing around some atoll right now, with some assorted styrofoam trash. Poor guy.

Strangely enough, I cry much more in movies than I do in "real life". There are lots of movies that make me cry, some of them are:

Titanic (the end when Jack is dying, and the music makes it worse)
Good Will Hunting (the end)
Wonderboys (the end again)
Edward Scissorhands
The Man without a face (The Mel Gibson story about the friendship of a disfigured guy and a little boy)
The Truman Show (simply one of my favourite films, I laugh and cry when watching it)
Forrest Gump
Philadelphia (the opera scene - get's me any time)
Schindler's list (hard to sit through)
Dead Poet's Society
My Girl (the end and the poem)
Evíta (The musical film with Madonna)
and of course The Last Unicorn :sad:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom