Mighty Boosh noob contained within

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clarityat3am

I Serve Larry's Stick
I just discovered the Boosh. Holy hell, where have they been my whole life. I am in love. Fellow Boosh fans, please bestow your Boosh knowledge upon my fledgling fandom (but not too much of season 3...I haven't seen it all yet. ;) )

Been a fan for a couple of years. Saw them when they visited LA near 2 yrs ago, went to a meet & greet & met them all, had my Mighty Book of Boosh signed by the guys. Met Rich Fulcher (Bobby Bob Bob Fossil) a couple times in LA and in London doing comedy & his Eleanor the Tour Whore character show-hysterical! Dave Brown is a right love! Mike Fielding is a tiny creature. Julian Barratt is so sexy in person & Noel Fielding has the most gentle touch, is such a sweetheart with the most piercing gorgeous blue eyes. See their film Journey of the Childmen and Bunny & The Bull is also good. Noel's a team captain on the British comedy music game show Never Mind the Buzzcocks and his stand up is hysterical (IMO). Get their Boosh Tour dvds too, the extra stuff and behind the scenes are pee in your pants funny, especially the commentary! The radio show stuff is also good. I know it's not difficult to get hooked. They should be back in the States at some point soon hopefully with a US Live Tour and for sure filming a sitcom in the US. These guys are so hard working and so involved in so many projects! Their album should be out this year some time. Noel and Julian have been several trips to NY to get that off the ground. They were brilliant at Comic Con 2 years ago and the after party downtown San Diego was WILD! They are amazed at how many US fans they have as a Boosh following, thanks I think to Adult Swim airing Boosh episodes (tho so poorly cutting out the best bits!)

Yeah, I love the Boosh, can you tell? U2 even love the Boosh and with their kids hung out with them after a show in Dublin a few years back. Edge brought a van full of kids....Bono and his boys are Boosh fans.

Someone else you might enjoy is Tim Minchin, an Australian comedian/painist. Check him out on You Tube (as well as plenty of Boosh stuff all over You Tube). You can spend hours laffing your ass off!

I am completely enamored by Noel. I don't think I'd have even found the Boosh if I hadn't seen IT Crowd. I've watched tons of NMTB since I discovered them. Is it just me or does Noel look so much better this last season? I've got the first part of season 3 to watch for tonight and I'm buying the Boosh box set of all of the seasons for my birthday present this month. To meet all of them would be divine! :hyper:

Do they have a Facebook page? I should check. I'd love to know if/when they come back to the states.

Any info on more shows on the Cartoon Network's Adult Swim?

TVO is really the best way to get up to the minute info on anything Boosh or Boosh related. Paul, the guy who started the website is really a nice guy (Didymusbrush). Fulcher and Dave Brown are always on Twitter too (@Rich_Fulcher and @davebrown).

I know exactly the feeling on the excitement watching! Enjoy the dvds....like I said, the commentary and behind the scenes stuff is to die for! Also check You Tube for the dance performance to Kate Bush's Wuthering Heights that Noel did in drag for a Comedy fundraiser show (Red Nose Day).

Also get on the mailing list for their management, PBJManagement.com as they are improving on posting information now. The guys are all so busy with their own projects I am hoping they will soon tire of being apart and come back together to at least get the album together and released and make it back stateside. Fulcher is in LA for a couple months working on things. He hangs out in comedy and improv clubs with friends and doing secret performances and hopefully after appearing on Craig Ferguson's Late Late show he might pop up on other late night shows. (Hopefully not Chelsea Handler as she ripped poor Julian and Noel apart during their appearance!)

Have you guys seen Journey of the Childmen or Bunny and the Bull yet?

I saw Noel's dance! :heart: He was so cute when they told him about the message from Kate Bush! :cute:

I've watched Journey of the Childmen. Have yet to see Bunny and the Bull. SO MUCH to catch up on and keep up with! I just signed up for PBJ's mailing list. Didn't even see that the first time. Thanks for mentioning it!

I :heart: IT Crowd! Richard Ayoade is genious! They are filming a 5th season! Not sure if NF will guest on it or not, but I just love the series. I've got them all on dvd now!!!

I also love Dan Clark's series "How Not to Live Your Life". There have been SO MANY great creative works come from friends of the Boosh guys who have guested on the Boosh series!

The Boosh are scheduled to tour the States next year (2012) per their Mgmt and this also confirmed by Noel Fielding in an interview last week at an awards show!

I'm sure it will be a while before any of that info is released. I sent you a PM. Most important thing is getting it on their schedule because the guys are so busy doing their own things....but I'm glad to hear about a US tour because that gives them something to help promote their album. The dates will likely be figures by the tour promoter and I believe they struck a deal with AEI. Their execs were in the VIP sections at the San Diego and LA shows when the guys did their quick mini tour here. :D

I hope they do a proper tour. I'd like to hit at least a couple of shows, if not more. It's been a long time since I've been excited enough to want to go to consecutive shows for something. I've fallen into the Boosh pit and I don't wanna get out.

^I know exactly how you feel. The Boosh usually have a public after party following their shows...they did in UK anyway. Who knows tho, the guys are older now and maybe their party days are simmering down. Most of them DJ tho. They play GREAT music and mix with the fans. It's great fun.

Congratulations to Dave Brown and his long time girlfriend on the birth of their precious baby girl the other day!!!:cute:

Those guys are hilarious. Rich follows me on Twitter and we've DM'd. Neener neener neener! I've also emailed with Dave before. They are the coolest guys. When I met Rich at a comedy show in LA he spent a good 15-20 mins at our table at the bar talking to my gf and I. He signed my copy of Tiny Acts of Rebellion and Snuff Box dvd. Rich loved the review I put on Amazon of his book. :D

I should be getting the radio series in the mail tomorrow. I haven't even gotten the tv series stored in my head yet, and I'm right into the radio. I may OD.

You are right on target in your Boosh OD. I got the radio series on iTunes. I could watch their out takes and behind the scenes stuff repeatedly. Those guys are entertaining no matter what they do. Have you seen Journey of the Childmen yet?

Yeah I've seen it but I need to watch it again and really WATCH it this time. It'll be different now than it was even couple of weeks ago since I keep cramming new info about them into my brain.

Back
Top Bottom