Michael Jackson rushed to hospital - He was not breathing / Michael Jackson is dead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No - there is no excuse on this planet that lets anyone touch a child and not be at grievous fault, and it's a little disturbing that anyone thinks that might be the case. That's the last thing I'll say on this subject for today.

what's grevious is people talking shit like they are in the know. Save your baseless accusations until you can present proof. This kinda off "witchhunt" mentality is real crime.

JFK no

Lennon and Elvis

sure there will be parallels

btw, Elvis had been reduced to a punching bag, has been, joke - before his death too.

Lennon - more of a semi-respected, kind of - has been.

I was more-or-less responding to the insane JFK comment, but I can see the Elvis parallels.

Lennon was on the cusp of having a huge comeback and mending fences with the rest of the Beatles, which makes his death even more tragic. I don't think he ever compromised his artistic integrity or made an awful decision apart from Yoko.

Fuck, Man in the Mirror. I forgot how much I loved that song.

I think I'm going to cause tears for this but:

The Way You Make Me Feel
Don't Stop Till You Get Enough
Rockin' Robin
Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
Beat It
Thriller
Black and White
Billie FUCKING Jean (best song ever written, ever. don't argue)
Man In The Mirror
Rock With You
Bad
Wanna Be Starting Something
Human Nature
Will You Be There
We Are The World

When I was a little kid in the 80s, my aunt who is only about 10 years older than me was a huge Michael Jackson fan. She would come to babysit us and would always put on the Thriller record. Eventually my brother and I would hide it before she came over. Of course, when I got a little older I discovered what an amazing album that was. A bit part of the soundtrack of my childhood

I was more-or-less responding to the insane JFK comment, but I can see the Elvis parallels.

Lennon was on the cusp of having a huge comeback and mending fences with the rest of the Beatles, which makes his death even more tragic. I don't think he ever compromised his artistic integrity or made an awful decision apart from Yoko.

Are you suggesting that, had Lennon lived, there might have been a Beatles reunion at some point for some period of time?

Are you suggesting that, had Lennon lived, there might have been a Beatles reunion at some point for some period of time?

Without a doubt.

Hell, Lennon and McCartney almost showed up when Lorne Michaels offered them $1,000 bucks to perform on SNL. I don't know about the George/Paul relationship, but I can guarantee you Ringo would've been down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom