Louie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ha, you know I'm just playin' mobvok.

grumpyhug.gif

(Does that show up? I just hotlinked from the grumpy site.)

Agreed, the Schindler's List bit was great.

The actress that plays Pamela also plays one of the main characters on Californication. Pretty similar character, too. Feisty and brutally honest.

Obviously, Californication isn't all that similar to Louie (what is?) but it's fucking funny and also pretty damn poignant at times. Not to derail, but I recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it. Especially the first two seasons. I think you'd probably like it, Laz. Duchovny as a womanizing alcoholic writer with a heart of gold, set in Los Angeles.

I was trying to figure out where she was from (having just watched the episode where she brings round her kid for a play date)... I was saying to myself "I'm sure I've seen this drunk, slutty, loose-lipped character before..." It all clicked after I wikipedia'd.

This show is fantastic.

Just saw Louie do stand up at the opera house, sharing the bill with Russell Howard, Will Anderson, Demitri Martin, Martin Short and John Cleese. He was my favourite.

$135, but totally worth it. The main show of the Just For Laughs fest in Sydney. Also saw Dylan Moran on Thursday, good times.

Will was also hilarious by the way.

$135, but totally worth it. The main show of the Just For Laughs fest in Sydney. Also saw Dylan Moran on Thursday, good times.

Will was also hilarious by the way.

Oh it would have been, what a line up :up: comedy festivals are great. I hope Louie comes back for the Melbourne one, just not $70

He is. I think people who criticise him as just being a pothead who swears as much as possible should watch the Gruen Transfer and then go and see him live. I go to see his show at the Melbourne comedy fest every year, never disappoints

I'll be checking him out more in the future. Only heard of him through the gruen transfer at first and I think he's great on there; quick with the jokes but he keeps the discussion / dissection moving along nicely.

monkeyskin said:
I'll be checking him out more in the future. Only heard of him through the gruen transfer at first and I think he's great on there; quick with the jokes but he keeps the discussion / dissection moving along nicely.

:up: he's also anti-bogan, which greatly pleases me.

Wow, how was Martin Short? Trying to see him in March. Heard he was doing Glick.

I'm a few episodes into this and enjoying it. It's less comic than I thought it would be, but that's not a bad thing. It's very well done.

Imperor said:
Wow, how was Martin Short? Trying to see him in March. Heard he was doing Glick.

Didn't think he was as good as the others, maybe as he came on last and the act was bawdier and more OTT than the others. Wasn't bad though, kept the crowd going.

Watched a few episodes I had on DVR late last night. I love the chemistry & interaction between Louie & Pamela Adlon. Loved them playing a married couple on his last sitcom.:up:

Caught Louie on Conan's show taped in NY this past week. HILARIOUS as usual. Wasn't aware Conan hired Louie as a writer for his first late night gig. Those two are funny together-it was fun hearing them reminisce and tell stories about one another.

Louie says he is filming a Comedy Special that he is going to set up on his website (louieck.net) where everyone can view it, and there will be a Paypal thing where you pay $5 or something cheap like that to then be able to view the Special. He wanted to do something special and not go the releasing a DVD route. :hmm:

Saw that show when it stopped off in Toronto. Fucking. Hilarious. I was in tears

A buddy of mine and I have absorbed the "your father's dead" bit from the Heckler/Cop Movie episode into our normal exchanges. Not only does it make everything funnier, but it also ruins (or enhances) any moment in any piece of media where a character has to tell another that their loved one is dead. Also, the old manager losing his shit when Louie doesn't want the part is gold.

Back
Top Bottom